ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hot Dogs, what do you like on them?

Bugeater

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Surprise, AZ via North Platte
You prefer just a dog, bun, mustard, or all out like a Chicago? Chili on it, homemade or canned? Ever put potato chips on one (seen it a few times)? Kraut dog? Grilled, fried in a pan, microwaved? What's your way? Do you go to a place like Chicago Mikes, street vendor in town to get one?

HotDogMustard.jpg

Chili-Cheese-Dogs.jpg

Last edited:
You prefer just a dog, bun, mustard, or all out like a Chicago? Chili on it, homemade or canned? Ever put potato chips on one (seen it a few times)? Kraut dog? Grilled, fried in a pan, microwaved? What's your way?
Everything but onions, and that's about my only exclusion from anything on your list.
HotDogMustard.jpg

Chili-Cheese-Dogs.jpg

just mustard and tobasco.
or ketchup mustard onion cheese and relish.
or chili cheese w. onion.

Not ketchup. You should not put ketchup on anything. You can put some ketchup on a plate and swipe your fries in it...
I think you might be able to dip an onion ring in some ketchup, if you don't have Runza onion dip.
But that is it.
Ketchup does not belong upside a hot dog if you older than 12.

I used a software program to plan nutrition and weightlifting before it stopped working at Y2K. It had 15 introductory paragraphs, 14 of which were very long and detailed talking about the time of day to eat carbs, the difference between types of carbs, etc. The short paragraph was a one-liner that said, "Never eat hot dogs."

Depends. Sometimes just plain old catsup. BUT if there is Que Bueno Nacho Cheese, ya put some of that on there with a little onion.

1. Chili, cheese, diced white onion, sliced jalapeños, and crushed blue corn tortilla chips

1a. Spicy brown mustard, diced white onion, sauerkraut, and dill relish

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard, nothing else. It's what I also put on my bratwurst....damn now I want a Nathan's hotdog or Johnsonville Stadium Brat.

I like warm kraut, mustard, ketsup. But I only eat hot dogs at drive in movies. And then only after the intermission cartoon is shown where a circus trainer gets a hot dog to do several back flips, several front flips, then a bun spreads itself and the hot dog jumps in.

Reactions: skintight
You prefer just a dog, bun, mustard, or all out like a Chicago? Chili on it, homemade or canned? Ever put potato chips on one (seen it a few times)? Kraut dog? Grilled, fried in a pan, microwaved? What's your way? Do you go to a place like Chicago Mikes, street vendor in town to get one?

Easy enough. In South Carolina we eat(most people i assume lol) with mustard,ketchup,chilli (homeade of course) and NO BEANS...i repeat NO BEANS and onions.

Im sure the condiments change here and there but hot dogs WITH chilli are the two main ingredients that you must have.

holla
HotDogMustard.jpg

Chili-Cheese-Dogs.jpg

There's an ongoing joke that in Chicago hot dog vendors will sell you a hot dog for $5....and a hot dog with ketchup for $10. They take their hot dogs seriously there, and they are pretty adamant about ketchup not being a condiment for them.

Reactions: blackbones
I like summers natural casing polish dogs that have been in a crock pot with sauerkraut for two hours. Then I use village hearth buns (which are the best IMO).. I put sauerkraut, relish, mustard and diced tomatoes with celery salt to top it off. Honestly I would take this over a steak any day of the week.

Open the pack of dogs. Lay 4-5 on a plate microwave to explosion. Put a few slices of American cheese on & melt. Eat with a fork. Dipping sauce either ketchup or spicy brown mustard.

HotDogMustard.jpg

Chili-Cheese-Dogs.jpg

Mustard, onions, jalapeños.

I like mac-n-cheese on my dawgs, topped of with a little sparky's. Mmm Mmm Good!!!

Last edited:
All beef hotdog mustard and relish.
Chili dog needs extra cheese and onions.

Completely depends on the mustard available for me.

Yellow mustard = ketsup
Hot/Spicy mustard = tomato and grilled onions
Sweet mustard = relish and pickles
No mustard = chili and cheese

One of the better food groups.

Hot Dogs across the USA Sample plate: Pinks Chili Dog (L.A.) Chicago Dog and Texas State Fair Corn Dog.
IMG_4321_zps895f4794.jpg

A version of a Chicago Dog made with Knackwurst.

And finally a Sonoran style Hot Dog made with a Bacon wrapped dog.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT