ADVERTISEMENT

OT: $GME

Sooner or later they are going to invite trouble from the SEC. I'd have to think the SEC will no more tolerate a group on Reddit to band together in an attempt to manipulate the market then they would allow that from a group of hedge funds or other players. And particularly to do it so publicly. One time might have been a novelty and kind of cute. I'd call my victory and leave it at that, personally.

Looks like the Reddit crowd has turned their attention towards Silver?? Be real curious if they can manage the same result they did with Game Stop. That would seem like a tall order to me.
I think it’s a diversion.

At this point, the big players are roughly even on both sides of $GME, so retailers are along for the ride.

Where it stops nobody knows!

Reactions: drubendall
Looks like the Reddit crowd has turned their attention towards Silver?? Be real curious if they can manage the same result they did with Game Stop. That would seem like a tall order to me.

Doubt it.

There is physical silver everywhere, piled up in various amounts in millions of households.

Doubt it.

There is physical silver everywhere, piled up in various amounts in millions of households.

more than 95% of the above ground silver has been used since the 60s.

There is no way to just flip a switch and get more. Mines keep getting shut down either for environmental reasons or otherwise. Silver is more of a byproduct now of other mines.

While what you say is somewhat true, it wouldn't touch the industrial supply needed specifically for new medical advances.

I read that the Reddit Wall Street Bets message board was populated by bots. The administrators had to remove 97% of the posts. Perhaps the Chinese and Russians are having fun with us too. What a cluster.

Sooner or later they are going to invite trouble from the SEC. I'd have to think the SEC will no more tolerate a group on Reddit to band together in an attempt to manipulate the market then they would allow that from a group of hedge funds or other players. And particularly to do it so publicly. One time might have been a novelty and kind of cute. I'd call my victory and leave it at that, personally.
Because it was done publicly, it's perfectly legal.

Is there one normal person who would sit on a jury and vote to convict some reddit stock guy?

Great question and the answer is yes. But setting that aside for a second, the powers that be have a gazallion more dollars and power and influence than reddit stock guy, and they might view a victory against him in a different way. They may not even care if he ever gets charged, it might be enough that they ruin him financially with endless litigation.

The retail investors, the little guys, the Reddit gang, whatever you call them are not the enemies.

This problem came about because Hedge funds and market makers were breaking the law in the chase for maximizing profits. Naked shorting is illegal, yet somehow this stock was 140% short. An investment club recognized their overreach, grabbed them by the balls and won’t let go. Don’t like your balls squeezed, keep them out of the vise

The establishment is used to doing whatever they want without consequence. Take giant risks with free money from the Fed and collect billions in government bailouts when it goes wrong. Hedgefunds and market makers have been ignoring the naked shorting laws so long it seems normal to them.

But on CNBC, it’s this investment club that is the enemy and must be stopped. How dare they buy and hold shares of a company we decided to kill so we could lick the bones.

The retail investors, the little guys, the Reddit gang, whatever you call them are not the enemies.

This problem came about because Hedge funds and market makers were breaking the law in the chase for maximizing profits. Naked shorting is illegal, yet somehow this stock was 140% short. An investment club recognized their overreach, grabbed them by the balls and won’t let go. Don’t like your balls squeezed, keep them out of the vise

The establishment is used to doing whatever they want without consequence. Take giant risks with free money from the Fed and collect billions in government bailouts when it goes wrong. Hedgefunds and market makers have been ignoring the naked shorting laws so long it seems normal to them.

But on CNBC, it’s this investment club that is the enemy and must be stopped. How dare they buy and hold shares of a company we decided to kill so we could lick the bones.

What if I do like my balls squeezed?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Is there one normal person who would sit on a jury and vote to convict some reddit stock guy?
This is a component within the populist movement. I can see Occupy Wall Street coming back. The more the power brokers attempt to silence the masses, the uglier the protests and outcry and the more attention it'll get. This won't go away. All kinds of people recognize the two sets of rules within this country and they are PO.

This is a component within the populist movement. I can see Occupy Wall Street coming back. The more the power brokers attempt to silence the masses, the uglier the protests and outcry and the more attention it'll get. This won't go away. All kinds of people recognize the two sets of rules within this country and they are PO.

now if only we could agree what to do about it.

Don't get me wrong, i'm flat out a political independent and i think both sides are stupid.

...but it's really sad that there isn't much common ground being found despite the fact that we pretty much all agree that wall street needs some serious comeuppance.

There’s a kink for everything. Something I learned from online dating.

...dude, when I tell people about some of my stories they think I'm exaggerating for effect, when the truth is I always hold back a little cause it sounds so unbelievable, even I would understand somebody's reluctance to believe it.

...dude, when I tell people about some of my stories they think I'm exaggerating for effect, when the truth is I always hold back a little cause it sounds so unbelievable, even I would understand somebody's reluctance to believe it.
I'm listening
1Q3i.gif

I think it’s a diversion.

At this point, the big players are roughly even on both sides of $GME, so retailers are along for the ride.

Where it stops nobody knows!
It stops with $GME bankrupt. Their share price is not their business. They're losing $4+ a share. If they issue more stock to raise money it further dilutes the value of the shares.

Unless $GME somehow adds a revenue stream to their business model that turns them profitable it's a slow death.

robinhood announces 5x raise on buy limits

$GME goes up $50 in minutes & is halted

artificially suppressing supply works, folks!

What are you hearing?
it's over, mass sell off happening, blah blah blah, squeeze has been squoze

volume doesn't support this 'news' at all.

to me, a complete moron who shouldn't be trusted with money at all, it looks like a lot of sideways algorithm sales of the same blocks of shares back and forth at pennies less every second driving price down while supply is artificially deflated by the scumbag brokerages.

Reactions: Clemke32
it's over, mass sell off happening, blah blah blah, squeeze has been squoze

volume doesn't support this 'news' at all.

to me, a complete moron who shouldn't be trusted with money at all, it looks like a lot of sideways algorithm sales of the same blocks of shares back and forth at pennies less every second driving price down while supply is artificially deflated by the scumbag brokerages.

So in your opinion when/if brokerages “allow” their users to purchase freely.. could this go back to 300+

So do we think the majority of small owners are really going to hold on to this garbage stock for the long term to prove some bigger point? It's going back to the cellar where it belongs. Not if but when.

And all of sudden it won't lead to Robinhood limiting purchases.
they've reversed course (a little, after solving solvency issues with massive borrowing rounds)

if the gloves come completely back off, there's a pop coming.

if they don't, they'll need to restrict buying forever, which would be.... odd.

So do we think the majority of small owners are really going to hold on to this garbage stock for the long term to prove some bigger point? It's going back to the cellar where it belongs. Not if but when.
yes, of course it will.

the question isn't when it crashes. it's how much will you have made in between now and then.

they've reversed course (a little, after solving solvency issues with massive borrowing rounds)

if the gloves come completely back off, there's a pop coming.

if they don't, they'll need to restrict buying forever, which would be.... odd.
As soon as the smart money is repositioned, I could see them opening it back up completely to allow the suckers to come in and recover wall streets losses. I wouldn't touch this thing with a 10 foot pole at this point.

As soon as the smart money is repositioned, I could see them opening it back up completely to allow the suckers to come in and recover wall streets losses. I wouldn't touch this thing with a 10 foot pole at this point.
I agree. my cost basis is very low so it's easier for me to stomach the volatility.

would be tough to jump in as a first timer right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT