ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric cars in a hurricane/flood situation

Totally get that. Some Tesla's are cool AF.

My FIL has a 2021 Vette, I was visiting him last year in Denver, he let me take it for a spin and a Tesla tried to pick a fight with me at a stoplight fairly far out of city limits, we could went with zero fear of cops....even I knew I woulda got killed. I know what ludricous mode means...it means I lose!!! ....so I declined..haha

I've seen videos of what the Cybertruck can do offroad in Moab and was floored. Had no idea.
Anything with Ludicrous mode is too rich for my blood. I have a model Y that I got an acceleration boost for (paid for with referral credits), and it is faster than I need to go. Vettes are great, but I am already putting out too much old white guy vibe.

• Haha
Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Anything with Ludicrous mode is too rich for my blood. I have a model Y that I got an acceleration boost for (paid for with referral credits), and it is faster than I need to go. Vettes are great, but I am already putting out too much old white guy vibe.

...agree. In all honesty, if I wanted, it's possible I could inherit the thing, it would mean the world to him to have somebody in the fam get it, but that's just not my thang. Maybe if I had a 6 car garage, that would be my 6th car, maybe.

Reactions: Streamer15
I’ve owned 5 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland editions. LOVED them. 2 of them we kept to about 100k miles with zero problems. Never even had to do brakes on them. My wife finally insisted she want something different so I bought her a Lincoln Nautilus. It’s a nice commuter but I preferred the Jeeps.
I am not trying to pick on you, as I like most of your posts, but I feel like you live in bizzaro world where Teslas are roadside burning piles of metal and Jeeps run forever without issue. Full disclosure: I have a Jeep.

You can put an ICE fire out. EVs you just have to let burn and try to protect surrounding structures.
I’ll never forget the day I was downtown one afternoon on a Saturday my junior year of high school. I came across one of my sworn enemies from the rival high school with his beloved Camaro on fire. I gave him a concerned smile and kept walking (but mostly smiling) it’s been a really good memory for me

...what do you think of first when you see a bright red Vette driven by a 60+ y/o ??? I know what I think, Hahaha. Better for my image to stick with my 2006 Ridgeline!!! Way maniler!!!
Those new Corvettes are just sick, but I don’t think I would ever be able to own one because I would just feel ridiculous driving it. Look at me. We had this 70-year-old guy at work with a newer yellow Corvette convertible. Pretty sure everybody just pitied him. It did not have the intended effect. Hopefully he enjoyed the grandeur of his mind

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT