ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Disney Star Wars Announcements

😅 I've been waiting for this response. Now all we need is the GIF of Ogor from Revenge of the Nerds.
giphy.gif

IDK, the latest Mandalorian was the most cringe terrible acting garbage I've EVER seen. If this is what passes for SW these days? Nope nope nope nope.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Oh gawd.....

Lemme ask you sumthin, when yu were watching Rogue One, at what point did you realize you had already seen that exact same movie from the original trilogy?
I think R1 could have been a great movie. They basically reshot the whole movie and it shows. It's wildly uneven. The end battle sequence was fantastic, but the characters were poorly written and the middle section with Saw was too complicated.

Oh gawd.....

Lemme ask you sumthin, when yu were watching Rogue One, at what point did you realize you had already seen that exact same movie from the original trilogy?
Outside of the Empire all of them are the same. Rogue One basically filled in the plot holes from Episode 4. I thought it was good.

Star Wars Episodes 4-6 (original theatrical) were the best. Didn’t really care for the revised / CGI added versions.

Aside from the Jedi fight scenes, SW 1 - Phantom Menace is terrible. Episodes 2-3 grew on me, although at the time of release I didn’t like.

SW 7-9 are beyond terrible! I feel Disney had no idea where the story was going and ruined the saga.

I have enjoyed the spin off shows. Jon Favreau has a solid hand in the creation. Would love to see a Mace Windu spin off!

Reactions: BigRedTed
Any fellow Star Wars fans here... What are your thoughts on the latest Disney SW Celebration TV show and movie announcements? Any excitement for the Ahsoka trailer? A lot of SW fans I know are done with new Disney SW content at this point. Personally, I think Disney should have made the Thrawn Trilogy instead of their own ST (Yes, I know they would have to recast the OT characters). The Heir to the Empire characters are far more interesting than any two dimensional characters Disney has churned out. I think it's telling that Disney has no faith in their own characters so they have to drag out characters from the EU (that they originally discarded).
They need to do a Luke Skywalker after the fall of the empire saga. He’s one of the most powerful Jedi ever and there’s barely anything of him at his peak ability with the force other than episode VI. Anything else they do is just meh to me.

They need to do a Luke Skywalker after the fall of the empire saga. He’s one of the most powerful Jedi ever and there’s barely anything of him at his peak ability with the force other than episode VI. Anything else they do is just meh to me.

He has a great hall way scene in Mandalorian but I agree with you.

Also a great scene between him and Ahsoka in Boba Fett.

I think they should keep it that way. Less is more like Vader.

Disney SW has a big problem on their hands. I'm noticing a lot more apathy after the recent announcement. Many fans don't believe these movies and shows will get off the ground and if they do, they're not likely to be good.
Nonsense. Old fans are dumb. Act like ep 4-6 was The Godfather. It wasn’t, it’s sci-fi. Same weak dialog, plot holes, but it just holds a special place in everyone movie hearts. The franchise is just as vibrant and successful as ever. Books, games, tv, cartoon, conventions, etc… spanning well beyond what we had 15 years ago. Humans try to ruin everything, don’t let them.

Nonsense. Old fans are dumb. Act like ep 4-6 was The Godfather. It wasn’t, it’s sci-fi. Same weak dialog, plot holes, but it just holds a special place in everyone movie hearts. The franchise is just as vibrant and successful as ever. Books, games, tv, cartoon, conventions, etc… spanning well beyond what we had 15 years ago. Humans try to ruin everything, don’t let them.
Without "old fans", there wouldnt be a Star Wars today. New fans are dumb, they slob all over garbage and ruin what shouldve been left at what it was when Lucas was done. Enjoy your garbage though, I know you will.

Disney SW has a big problem on their hands. I'm noticing a lot more apathy after the recent announcement. Many fans don't believe these movies and shows will get off the ground and if they do, they're not likely to be good.

Nah..many are excited.

It's the old fans that are always apathetic

Without "old fans", there wouldnt be a Star Wars today. New fans are dumb, they slob all over garbage and ruin what shouldve been left at what it was when Lucas was done. Enjoy your garbage though, I know you will.

The OT was garbage in many ways itself.

It's the nostalgia that makes it great and it was epic for its time.

Thanks to older fans for passing down the experience.

Lol. Lucas made 1-3 and jar jar binks, then got hated into selling the franchise. Stop rewriting history.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
If Luke hasn't been killed yet they need to do it already, and every other character. Like, yesterday.

You wanna make dumb sci fi movies knock yourself out...but to call em Star Wars is a joke.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Newer fans like the newer content. It's the way the franchise lives on. I dont want it to be just like the OT.

Each generation will have it's own version of Star War nostalgically.

American heritage.

Reactions: jteten
Nah..many are excited.

Nah..many are excited.

The Rian Johnson movies, Rogue Squadron, the movie from the Game of Thrones people, etc. Disney has a habit of not following through on big SW announcements. It's only natural that many fans will be apathetic about announcements.

The Rian Johnson movies, Rogue Squadron, the movie from the Game of Thrones people, etc. Disney has a habit of not following through on big SW announcements. It's only natural that many fans will be apathetic about announcements.
I am genuinely interested in seeing the first Jedi movie.

Thats an era weve never explored. Before the Old Republic.

Reactions: Long Time Lurker
The OT was garbage in many ways itself.

It's the nostalgia that makes it great and it was epic for its time.

Thanks to older fans for passing down the experience.
You think I sit here remembering it as some of the greatest movies in history or some shit? I mean yeah, I saw the first 3 as a kid. They left an impression on me. You know why? Because they were funny, they were a good time, they weren't so full of themselves with current BS narratives. They also broke new ground for sci-fi production. The first, I believe, to use cgi/digital. To talk like they were some throw away like we see today, is laughable.
Look, if you didn't get to see them when they were released I'm sorry you're butthurt about it, but it was just a better time for film and something that cant be recreated or replicated even though they keep trying and failing.
See: Indiana Jones

The OT movies didn't exist on their own. There was also the merchandising aspect of the OT. All the kids I knew wanted the toys. There were so many figures, vehicles, and play sets. it made the movie experience even better. There's a reason vintage SW toys are so valuable now.

You think I sit here remembering it as some of the greatest movies in history or some shit? I mean yeah, I saw the first 3 as a kid. They left an impression on me. You know why? Because they were funny, they were a good time, they weren't so full of themselves with current BS narratives. They also broke new ground for sci-fi production. The first, I believe, to use cgi/digital. To talk like they were some throw away like we see today, is laughable.
Look, if you didn't get to see them when they were released I'm sorry you're butthurt about it, but it was just a better time for film and something that cant be recreated or replicated even though they keep trying and failing.
See: Indiana Jones
I ignore those things. As long as liberals run Hollywood every movie will have that garbage in it

Objectively...Disney Star Wars is not good. The Force Awakens was bad and it got worse from there. The Mandalorian was decent for one season and got worse. Don't let the secretary try to run the company...

Reactions: Long Time Lurker
In Disney over Easter and just went to Hollywood studios last night. The whole Star Wars area is AMAZING - the attention to details is absolutely awesome. The new rise of the resistance experience is absolutely one of the coolest attractions I’ve ever seen. I’m not a monster fan of Star Wars but the attractions in Disney are next-level cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT