ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Bourbon drinkers?

Stagg Jr for $42 .. wow!! What state are you in ?

California -- very lucky day. 130 proof Buffalo Trace product at that price is something worth getting excited about.

Funny enough, they also had hundreds of bottles of Buffalo Trace itself that nobody was buying. It was stacked on pallets taller than me at the front.

This is when a coach KNOWS he can say what he wants, when he wants, because he is set for life. Good for him!

This is like back int he day when coaches could go out after a game and pound beers!

I coached with a guy who played FB at a lame ass small college in Nebraska and I asked him about the coaches policies about drinking...and he goes

"Well, they said that we could not drink and couldn't go to the bar, but there was nothing else to do so we would go to the bars and the coaches would be at the bars and we all just pretended like we didn't see each other"

Currently sipping on eagle rare neat. Is there a better bourbon at $40 price point? Damn this stuff is good and becoming more readily available
Walmart in Yankton SD had a whole case on the shelf the other night when I was up there. I’m stocked though so I didn’t bite.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Buddy gave me this for Christmas
SEmWPkOl.jpg

Reactions: GaRed
Currently sipping on eagle rare neat. Is there a better bourbon at $40 price point? Damn this stuff is good and becoming more readily available
I haven't gotten around to Eagle Rare but it's one of the next up on my list.

Buddy gave me this for Christmas
SEmWPkOl.jpg

Finished a bottle of this recently. It's not bad, but I much prefer the 8 year. The 8 year is a little more classic bourbon while this had some sort of strong dill aromas that might turn a lot of people off.

I pay between $25-35 for it and it's the best value in the Buffalo Trace line. I would say there are plenty of very good bourbons in that $40 range starting with Michter's, Russell's Reserve, etc.

At $25 it's hard to beat.

I pay between $25-35 for it and it's the best value in the Buffalo Trace line. I would say there are plenty of very good bourbons in that $40 range starting with Michter's, Russell's Reserve, etc.

At $25 it's hard to beat.
CA Costco?

CA has good prices on bourbon (which is counter intuitive)
Booze is expensive here in Washington. (Highest alcohol tax in the nation). Beer and wine are cheap, but anything for 20 percent alcohol gets an added tax that comes out to a 20.5% tax. My friends and I all put in a booze order if one of us goes to California. It is so much cheaper than here.

I actually tried them side by side last night, and Blanton’s still gets the nod if you can get near $65 msrp
Agreed, but Blanton's is not worth the $120+ price that a lot of independent liquor stores want for it. I'm in Kentucky, and you can't get ER or Blanton's from the chain liquor stores where it is fairly priced unless you are there when the truck arrives.

ER is by far the best bourbon you can get for the price. I've still got about 4 bottles from pre-Covid when you could actually keep track of where the truck was. They were $28/bottle at Kroger back then.

Agreed, but Blanton's is not worth the $120+ price that a lot of independent liquor stores want for it. I'm in Kentucky, and you can't get ER or Blanton's from the chain liquor stores where it is fairly priced unless you are there when the truck arrives.

ER is by far the best bourbon you can get for the price. I've still got about 4 bottles from pre-Covid when you could actually keep track of where the truck was. They were $28/bottle at Kroger back then.

What part of the state? I don't have a problem getting either.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I recently got a bottle of the Representative...not overly expensive....if you are looking to try something different, it is definitely worth a try.

The Representative

As one of the most selective and oldest whiskey-only competitions on the planet, the World Whiskies Awards are famous for uncovering often overlooked gems. In 2023, over 200 judges tasted 1,400 whiskeys and named The Representative the World's Best Bourbon. It's a small batch bourbon made by industry legend David Schmier at Proof & Wood in Connecticut.

I recently got a bottle of the Representative...not overly expensive....if you are looking to try something different, it is definitely worth a try.

The Representative

As one of the most selective and oldest whiskey-only competitions on the planet, the World Whiskies Awards are famous for uncovering often overlooked gems. In 2023, over 200 judges tasted 1,400 whiskeys and named The Representative the World's Best Bourbon. It's a small batch bourbon made by industry legend David Schmier at Proof & Wood in Connecticut.
Thank you.

Reactions: HuskerJag
What part of the state? I don't have a problem getting either.
There’s going to be a bloodbath for Bourbon prices I think. Some companies have ramped production to where I think supply will outpace demand. You already can buy good scotch at Walmart for up to 30% less than the same bottle at HyVee. Blantons still seems to be in short supply at HyVee but WalMart has cases of other good bourbons.

There’s going to be a bloodbath for Bourbon prices I think. Some companies have ramped production to where I think supply will outpace demand. You already can buy good scotch at Walmart for up to 30% less than the same bottle at HyVee. Blantons still seems to be in short supply at HyVee but WalMart has cases of other good bourbons.

Here's a pro tip if you're a regular drinker near a populated city (might even work in smaller areas depending on locale). Every time you go to a WalMart, Target, Sam's Club, Albertsons/Safeway/etc, check the liquor section for clearance tags or red tags. Stock up at that point. You will save hundreds to thousands depending on your tastes.

My recent scores over the past year have been Glenfiddich 12 and Chivas Regal 12 for $9 a bottle, Wild Turkey 101 for $11 a bottle, and Rabbit Hole Cavehill for $17 a bottle. I've heard when Target needs to clear their inventory they drop up to 90% on even the most premium stuff. I've yet to score there but have been close a few times where the tags were up but the shelves were empty.

Highly doubt you will ever see Blanton's or other hyped stuff like that at clearance but you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT