ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Bitcoin

CRO from crypto.com might be on a long term run

On Oct 19th the cronos mainnet is launching.

They continue to have massive user growth.

They also offer a visa debit card and pay rewards in CRO tokens.
Ml1sb8L.jpg
Cronos mainnet was delayed, but has now launched. Will be big going forward. New highs recently reached.

TTc08IP.jpg

So I buy egld? Or did I miss something from "Into The VR Metaverse:"? I'm interested in crypto, but I just have a coinbase account and some of the Greyscale ETFs.
Egld is good to buy for everything.

Bloktopia $blok could be good for metaverse.

Again, it's super super early. But blok has already seen some good gains.

OQuPX8L.jpg

What is metaverse? How do you invest in it?
decentraland (mana) is probably the 2nd best metaverse token...that's on coinbase.
it's probably dipped now too

enj is also metaverse...on coinbase

the best is probably sand
blok is probably the 3rd best
both of them are on kucoin

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Any idea why I can't buy blok on coinbase? I picked up some amp this morning though, think it was $0.06.

Edit: nevermind, redwine65 explained it. Thanks.
it maybe still early on blok, heck the whole metaverse thing...but sometimes early is good..gives time to research different projects. ku coin has a pretty good selection of crypto...I use coinbase pro as an exchange to and from the bank,,,then just send btc from coinbase to kucoin, to invest in other things.

to look up different crypto/ or make a portfolio use coingecko or coin market cap, coin gecko seems to have more accurate prices.

always remember everything moves with bitcoin, if it drops they all 99.9% of the time drop. only put in what you can lose, and better to pull money off the table.

this is an ok thing for seeing what the top 100 are doing or have done.

ntvrk and wild are smaller metaverse deals I been looking at

Last edited:
decentraland (mana) is probably the 2nd best metaverse token...that's on coinbase.
it's probably dipped now too

enj is also metaverse...on coinbase

the best is probably sand
blok is probably the 3rd best
both of them are on kucoin
So how does EGLD compare to MANA, ENJ, SAND, BLOK? Is EGLD different from the latter 4?

So how does EGLD compare to MANA, ENJ, SAND, BLOK? Is EGLD different from the latter 4?
all these projects have different things about them but egld is like defi, like ada, dot, etc....where the latter 4 are like metaverse plays.....it's difficult to say everything......but for a good overview coin market cap is good, then you can go to their webpage links, read the whitepapers, twitter, etc...

Elrond is a blockchain protocol that seeks to offer extremely fast transaction speeds by using sharding. The project describes itself as a technology ecosystem for the new internet, which includes fintech, decentralized finance and the Internet of Things. Its smart contracts execution platform is reportedly capable of 15,000 transactions per second, six-second latency and a $0.001 transaction cost.

The blockchain has a native token known as eGold, or EGLD, that is used for paying network fees, staking and rewarding validators.

Elrond was first announced in August 2019, and its mainnet went live in July 2020.

From what I'm reading there isn't much time left to put in and expect a big roi this bull market. I think we'll go up big the next 2 months with btc going over 100k then there may be a dip with the bull market going into the summer with a blow off top with btc possibly hitting 200k+ and eth going 20k+.

I recently put a decent amount in illuvium. It's looking like it will be a popular game and you can currently earn 400%+ in the ilv/eth sushi lp. You have to stake it for a while to get the better rates but I think it will do good even in the bear market. It will be play to earn like axies but the game looks much better. *with gas fees being high you'll need to realistically put in at least 10-12k to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: redwine65
So are you saying that Elrond is trying to be better than the blockchains that bitcoin and ethereum use, and in addition to being a better blockchain, they use their own crypto, called egld?

Did I get that correct?

So are you saying that Elrond is trying to be better than the blockchains that bitcoin and ethereum use, and in addition to being a better blockchain, they use their own crypto, called egld?

Did I get that correct?
egld is one of a few ethereum competitors. All eth competitors are doing well because of ridiculous trasaction costs with eth ($50-$500+). egld should do good this bull market but long term it will do good as long as eth 2 keeps getting delayed. If eth 2.0 comes out sooner a lot of the eth competitors (avax, bnb, ftm, egld, matic, etc) could be in trouble.

Last edited:

Did I get that correct?
bitcoin is old, slow, it's just a (best secured) store of value now, 21 million (no more no less)
ethereum was made to be faster than bitcoin, 50% of defi (decentralised finance) is built on ethereum
egld is like 3rd generation to run much faster then ethereum...and it does other things

ethereum had a team with 3 big boys
vitalick (who still runs ethereum) and upgrading it, to 2.0
hoskins (who went on to built cardano - ada)
woods (who went on to build dot)

rmrk, could be the next axie, as far as gaming / nft

Last edited:

Did I get that correct?
The Elrond network is like taking the best features from all of these cryptos. Egld is the untility token on their network. The team from Elrond is friends with all those guys from Eth.

Elrond is building up it's ecosystem at blazing speed. They have the Maiar wallet, an easy to use, secure wallet to store your egld and send to anyone in the world. They just launched the Maiar.Exchange and the Mex utility token which has went from $.0002 to $.0014 in about 3 days. It has been compared to the swap tokens (uni, sushi, etc) which are trading anywhere from $10-50 at any time.

As the Maiar.exchange grows it will be massive due to the low fees.

There have been 103,000 new Maiar accts created with egld in the last 12 days.

Egld will likely be a top 10 crypto by market cap soon.

Last edited:
$Dot is around $40 right now. Pays 12.5% interest on crypto.com will likely be over $100 in the next year.

$Dot is around $40 right now. Pays 12.5% interest on crypto.com will likely be over $100 in the next year.
You can stake on dot fearless wallet for 18% but there is a 28 day unstake. Kusama is also a good play as it gets 20% apy on fearless with a 7 day unstake.

You can stake on dot fearless wallet for 18% but there is a 28 day unstake. Kusama is also a good play as it gets 20% apy on fearless with a 7 day unstake.
Have not heard of "fearless wallet" does that require Ethereum for fees? How does restaking work? Will check it out. Thanks.

When you buy and stake on crypto.com there are no eth fees.

Have not heard of "fearless wallet" does that require Ethereum for fees? How does restaking work? Will check it out. Thanks.

When you buy and stake on crypto.com there are no eth fees.
https://fearlesswallet.io/ You can stake through the app or through the polka js site. Its for dot & ksm only. Its a mobile only wallet right now. Probably best to have a dedicated device for it. Only small dot or ksm fee when sending or staking.

Hey what app are you guys using for Bitcoin. I was using Coinbase but the fees are just killing the gains I’m making. I need to find something to use that is cheaper but still quality. Any ideas?

Hey what app are you guys using for Bitcoin. I was using Coinbase but the fees are just killing the gains I’m making. I need to find something to use that is cheaper but still quality. Any ideas?
I think kucoin or orion is the cheapest for fees. But there may be something better I'm unaware of.

Reactions: Nate004
yeah I just use coinbase pro to pass money (via bitcoin) from the bank to kucoin and back

coinbase pro has lower fees. If you have a coinbase account you can use the pro. If you think coinbase fees are expensive try to do anything with ethereum, I minted an nft that cost $350 and to claim some illuvium rewards was about $500.

So I've bought some MANA on coinbase pro, and ethereum and solana. How can I get going with these other things, like CRON and stuff? Do I have to keep creating new accounts like I created my coinbase account?

You mean if you "stake" it, you get 12.5%? I don't even know what "stake" means lol. Where do I open an account to do this?
Crypto.com has it.

As mentioned above there are other apps and wallets as well.

Staking means locking your funds in for x amount of time. They're still yours, but when locked you usually can't withdraw immediately. Each situation has its own terms.
l9SIjul.jpg

If I set up an account at crypto.com, will I be able to get access to other stuff being talked about here, like egld and cron and blok? And why do some people type these names with a $ included as part of the name?

right now I have:
eth
ewt
kda
rndr
rmrk
uos
blok
atom
anc
all on kucoin.....

I also have
mvi and pls....but that on my metamask wallet

but I trade alot and keep my eye on it.

Last edited:
If I set up an account at crypto.com, will I be able to get access to other stuff being talked about here, like egld and cron and blok? And why do some people type these names with a $ included as part of the name?
if you use coin gecko it shows where you can get the tokens...

the big US exchanges are:
coinbase pro (sanfrasiko)
crypto.com (ny)
ftx (miami)
voyager (I think ny)
binance is the largest in the world but US residents are not supposed to use it...
kucion is on a island in the indian ocean...lol (but they didn't make me do an exhaustive kyc)

then they have swaps, where if you have a metamask wallet you can swap coins for other coins..
(but it costs a lot to swap cause gas (eth) costs a lot to trade with)
like:
uniswap
pancake swap
1 inch

crypto.com and kucoin probably makes most tokens available for US people...ftx is pretty good too

be careful, folks don't know when the bull run will end....bitcoin and eth (and the top 10) probably hold their value most in a bear market

Last edited:
Something crazy happen with Bitcoin today? The chart I’m looking at makes it look like it went to the moon for a bit today and then went right back down.

edit- I’m going to assume it’s a charting error because I’m not seeing anything else about a huge run up anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: NikkiSixx
Something crazy happen with Bitcoin today? The chart I’m looking at makes it look like it went to the moon for a bit today and then went right back down.

edit- I’m going to assume it’s a charting error because I’m not seeing anything else about a huge run up anywhere.
I woke up around 5am in Indonesia (4pm central) and picked up my phone.. Bitcoin was like some crazy number like 200 billion dollars per coin, along with huge increases for all the coins on the list. I think it was a coin market cap error, but even coinbase had BNB listed at some astronomical figure. On Binance, things looked normal except for USDT, which was listed at like 100 grand per tether.

I went to their exchange market for btc/tether thinking I would cash in some tether at that price, but market looked normal on the trading interface.

Something weird def went on a few hours ago. I haven't been able to find much else about it.

Reactions: Nate004
From May before a 50% + drawdown:

When the Fed talks, you should listen. The most appropriate quote: “Asset prices may be vulnerable to significant declines should risk appetite fall,” Governor Lael Brainard, one of the most influential members of the Fed’s board, said in the report.

Of course, this relates to the stock market as well. Tread carefully out there...

That was from Nov...looking like $35k is almost a certainty.

Sell sell sell! Rebuy the coming liquidation if you really want to hold it.

Seems to be hitting the low 40's and then rebounding a tad. With the coming market crash (get in on SQQQ - it shorts the NASDAQ, I'm up about 20% in two weeks) I think people will use bitcoin as a store-of-value. Might not get to $100K, but I don't see it tanking.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT