ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Metallica song

I assume you mean post Cliff Burton, because the best version of Metallica hands down was with Cliff. I will throw hands with anyone who says he wasn’t one of the best bassists of all-time.

Yes. Cliff was a great bassist. I just didn't like the way it all went down with Newsted. He just wanted to play music with his side band while James was in rehab for a year. They basically kicked him out over it.
Then the whole documentary therapy whining bitch fest between Lars and James was just lame. Jason was the only real one left in the group. The egos just got too big for the rest.

Reactions: resdog851
Yes. Cliff was a great bassist. I just didn't like the way it all went down with Newsted. He just wanted to play music with his side band while James was in rehab for a year. They basically kicked him out over it.
Then the whole documentary therapy whining bitch fest between Lars and James was just lame. Jason was the only real one left in the group. The egos just got too big for the rest.

Reactions: HuskerO
Yeah. Lars is a bitch. Jim Breuer has a funny impersonation of Metallica on YouTube. Worth a watch

I assume you mean post Cliff Burton, because the best version of Metallica hands down was with Cliff. I will throw hands with anyone who says he wasn’t one of the best bassists of all-time.

I'm pretty sure he meant Jason Newsted. Yes, Cliff Metallica was better than the Jason Metallica. But Jason Metallica was better than Robert Trujillo Metallica.

He quit the band

Because the rest were control freak egomaniacs.
Hetfield and Ulrich are choads. That whole Napster stuff really turned me off. Rush never GAF that their fanbase would trade live audio & video boots. They are a-holes to their fans when it comes to that. Cliff was their soul. Hetfield and Ulrich are robots. And I'm probably in the minority here, but I felt that the beginning of the end for Metallica was the Black album. They sold out and made bank. They were never headliners during their thrash days. It took all those slow plodding snoozefest songs on Black to hit the airwaves before Metallica became a household name. Master of Puppets was probably their best album. They just hit all the right riffs. Conceptually, it meshed. Loved Kill 'Em All. Seek and Destroy was my favorite song that I've heard live. ...And Justice for All was just so much amped. Loved Blackened. And of course, Garage Days Re-Revisited. Last Caress/Green Hell.

I had this on my version of Kill 'Em All. I have this on vinyl, cassette and CD. Used to blast this when I was in the Navy.

Last edited:
Hetfield and Ulrich are choads. That whole Napster stuff really turned me off. Rush never GAF that their fanbase would trade live audio & video boots. They are a-holes to their fans when it comes to that. Cliff was their soul. Hetfield and Ulrich are robots. And I'm probably in the minority here, but I felt that the beginning of the end for Metallica was the Black album. They sold out and made bank. They were never headliners during their thrash days. It took all those slow plodding snoozefest songs on Black to hit the airwaves before Metallica became a household name. Master of Puppets was probably their best album. They just hit all the right riffs. Conceptually, it meshed. Loved Kill 'Em All. Seek and Destroy was my favorite song that I've heard live. ...And Justice for All was just so much amped. Loved Blackened. And of course, Garage Days Re-Revisited. Last Caress/Green Hell.

I had this on my version of Kill 'Em All. I have this on vinyl, cassette and CD. Used to blast this when I was in the Navy.

I still liked them even after they made the Black album and got labeled "sellouts" by some fans.
I liked them after they all got haircuts and did Load and Reload and were called sellouts again. Still making good music.
S&M with an orchestra. Labeled sellouts again. Still good music.
They made St. Anger. Only Metallica CD I ever returned. Then Napster and the Jason thing with the millionaire rock star bitch and moan cry fest therapy documentary I was done.

May think he's a choad, but Hetfield along with Burton were BY FAR the creative ones in the band. No Metallica at all without Hetfield. Hammet is a fine guitarist and Lars is decent on drums but they aren't creative at their core like Hetfield is.

He is like John Fogherty to CCR. Would not exist without him.

And yet you probably complain that ticket prices are through the roof now days because its the only way bands can make money anymore.

I think the Judo toss was on stage at a concert. The next day they tossed him and put him on a bus back to SF from NY. He's got 3 black belts and was a violent drunk. :oops: But James and Lars needed a good beating.
You could be nice guy and want to punch Lars in the face. Dave is so brutally honest there. Mustaine was the lead guitarist when he was in the band.

And yet you probably complain that ticket prices are through the roof now days because its the only way bands can make money anymore.
They sell more everything when they let their fans trade boots. If they actually made anything worth buying that is. 😛

They sell more everything when they let their fans trade boots. If they actually made anything worth buying that is. 😛
Bullshit. Many bands never see the light of day because it now. Most bands backed them but had no balls to say anything. The fact that people like you literally stole music then rather pay for it gave rise to the current situation where you literally have to cough up a grand to see a concert now. Bootlegging and trading is completely different than flat out theft.

With Napster and Limewire it wasn't bootlegs. It was entire albums. I'll admit to downloading some. Lars is a sanctimonious ass and not likeable. But he was right about Napster.

And **** Mustaine. An angry violent drunk that has one song anyone knows or a true artist in Hetfield. I think I'll go with the artist.
Like asking if I would pick sides with Van Gogh or Thomas Kincade. If we are discussing the art and not the person, it's not very ****ing hard a choice.

Agree with most everything you say here. James is the main talent in the band these days at least for his songwriting. Lars and Kirk are average musicians. Does Kirk even write? I like the Black album but yeah they went a little mainstream on it. The first three albums are the best by far. I heard Fade to Black when it first came out and was a fan immediately. I knew it was over when Load came out. Listen to some Diamond Head to hear the original Am I Evil. Exciter was another really heavy band from that period.

Bullshit. Many bands never see the light of day because it now. Most bands backed them but had no balls to say anything. The fact that people like you literally stole music then rather pay for it gave rise to the current situation where you literally have to cough up a grand to see a concert now. Bootlegging and trading is completely different than flat out theft.
I'm not talking about commercial releases. I'm talking about non-copyrighted bootlegs. But you go on about the poor artist. We can start another thread if you want to talk about the music industry and their practices if you want. Go ahead and start your own thread.

I blame Bob Rock. Oh, and Ross Robinson, he's to blame for everything else. Oh and also Robert "Mutt" Lange, he also has to take some of the blame.

This is my vinyl and CDs that I own. And paid for. There's a cassette of Kill 'Em All somewhere. It was my Navy tape. LOL. Not to mention the money they got paid when i saw them in concert. They have lots of my money.

1ySXLGY.jpg

JEIzjzb.jpg

Did somebody say Rush ???

Reactions: bigboxes
One is my favorite song by my favorite band. Lots of good songs after that, but I'd have to say Leper Messiah and Sanitarium are the two most underrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT