ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best heavyweight boxers

I don't know boxing. I know what I like and expect. A heavyweight fight should not last more than 4 or 5 rounds. Not with the power those men have. No need for scoring cards. The ref points to the man standing and says "He won" and then points to the man laying on the canvas and says "He lost" That's a heavyweight fight. I respected Larry Holmes as a champion, but I didn't watch him much. jab jab jab
I watch heavyweights because of their power, which is why, for me, watching Ali was so damn boring. I just remember him always putting a glove behind his opponents head and pushing down. The ref would warn him, and he would do it again 10 seconds later. No power. He would throw a jab, and grab on.
I loved watching Tyson fight. He was exciting as hell. No laying back on the ropes, no dancing. The bell rang and it was a fight. He did everything he could - every second he was in the ring - to rip the other guys head off. He only went forward. He attacked. Sometimes, you could see the fear in his opponents face, especially Spinks.
Tyson was a great heavyweight champion.

I don't know boxing. I know what I like and expect. A heavyweight fight should not last more than 4 or 5 rounds. Not with the power those men have. No need for scoring cards. The ref points to the man standing and says "He won" and then points to the man laying on the canvas and says "He lost" That's a heavyweight fight. I respected Larry Holmes as a champion, but I didn't watch him much. jab jab jab
I watch heavyweights because of their power, which is why, for me, watching Ali was so damn boring. I just remember him always putting a glove behind his opponents head and pushing down. The ref would warn him, and he would do it again 10 seconds later. No power. He would throw a jab, and grab on.
I loved watching Tyson fight. He was exciting as hell. No laying back on the ropes, no dancing. The bell rang and it was a fight. He did everything he could - every second he was in the ring - to rip the other guys head off. He only went forward. He attacked. Sometimes, you could see the fear in his opponents face, especially Spinks.
Tyson was a great heavyweight champion.
And when Tyson fought Holyfield and Lewis you could see the fear in his eyes. And for good reason, he was fighting 2 men who weren't afraid of him, and of course, they both whipped his ass convincingly.

And when Tyson fought Holyfield and Lewis you could see the fear in his eyes. And for good reason, he was fighting 2 men who weren't afraid of him, and of course, they both whipped his ass convincingly.
A name not brought up enough IMO is Riddick Bowe.

He would have trashed Tyson.

Where is Apollo Creed, Rocky Balboa, Clubber Lang, and Ivan Drago they are some of the best boxers I have ever seen.

Back in the day Rocky Balboa was quoted as being like punching Iron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT