ADVERTISEMENT

OT-George Foreman vs Lennox Lewis, who would win

moralvictories

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 22, 2022
Prime for Prime, who would win if Lennox Lewis and George Foreman fought. I would have to go with Lennox Lewis, I don't think George Foreman could handle his reach.

Wrong. Lennox Lewis would beat any version of Mike Tyson
Wrong answer 1st 3 rounds in his prime period. Tyson woulda been quick to get inside as that's what he did all the time to others that had Lewis's reach and there many in Tyson's career that had his reach and none of them could keep him from getting inside and Lewis would be no different. Those other fighters thought the way you do and they were dead wrong and Lewis would be no different.

Wrong answer 1st 3 rounds in his prime period. Tyson woulda been quick to get inside as that's what he did all the time to others that had Lewis's reach and there many in Tyson's career that had his reach and none of them could keep him from getting inside and Lewis would be no different. Those other fighters thought the way you do and they were dead wrong and Lewis would be no different.
Lewis was a much better fighter than the bums that Mike Tyson destroyed. Buster Douglas exposed Mike Tyson's weaknesses and Lewis is 10x better than Buster Douglas.

Reactions: Chuck003
Rocky Marciano would have beat them both.
Eddie Murphy Laughing GIF

Tyson was overrated. His biggest wins in his prime were a natural light heavyweight (Spinks) and Tony Tucker. He lost to Douglas when he was 23 years old.

Reactions: moralvictories
Foreman got taken in the rope a dope fight. Ali and the loose ropes was a perfect fit against him.

Foreman can handle the Lewis reach and think he would handle the Tyson power. The power of Foreman and his ability to one punch is something those two can handle but not easily.

Foreman would be the favorite against either for me. Others can certainly try to convince me otherwise with their views

Prime for Prime, who would win if Lennox Lewis and George Foreman fought. I would have to go with Lennox Lewis, I don't think George Foreman could handle his reach.
At the heavyweight level, boxing is nothing but styles. Examples: Frazier beats Ali in Fight 1, Foreman destroys Frazier, Ali beats Foreman. Foreman destroys Ken Norton, Norton beats Ali. You can go on and on and on with styles.

Tip: for any of you guys who ever bet boxing. If two boxers have fought twice, always take the guy in fight 3 who won fight 2. Almost a certainty if you follow the sport for 60 years like I have.

Of course, when Sugar Ray, Hearns, Duran, Hagler, and so many others were great in the 80's. After about Lewis and Tyson, and Holyfield whipped Tyson's ass, i kinda quit watching. Don King and Bob Arum ruined the sport by not letting the top guys face each other. Examples in this group, Duran beats Leonard, Sugar Ray beats Hearns, Hearns destroys Duran, Sugar Ray beats Hagler, Hagler destroys Hearns. It was and will always be about styles.

All I know is the Gypsy is the champion and he's nothing but a tall stiff.

Last edited:
Reactions: baseball31ne
Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson. He wasn't unbeatable.
He beat Tyson because Tyson wasn't focusing on boxing anymore. The Tyson 2-3 years before that was as close to unbeatable as anyone except Ali.
It's really unfortunate there wasn't anyone else around during Lennox time. I'd love to see him in another era.

He beat Tyson because Tyson wasn't focusing on boxing anymore. The Tyson 2-3 years before that was as close to unbeatable as anyone except Ali.
It's really unfortunate there wasn't anyone else around during Lennox time. I'd love to see him in another era.
I would like to see how Lennox Lewis would have fared during the George Foreman era. I think he would have a good chance against guys like George Foreman and Joe Frazier. He would get beat by Muhammad Ali, Ali is just to fast and too skilled.

I would like to see how Lennox Lewis would have fared during the George Foreman era. I think he would have a good chance against guys like George Foreman and Joe Frazier. He would get beat by Muhammad Ali, Ali is just to fast and too skilled.
I don't know that Foreman could have gotten past Lewis' jab. And for one of the few times, Foreman would be fighting a taller, bigger man with great overall skills. And I thought Foreman was great, couldn't knock him out, even at 50, but could stay around long enough for him to run out of gas. I was at the Foreman/Norton fight, never seen anyone get hit so hard in my life. Second hardest hit I've seen is when Thomas Hearns KO'd Duran. WOW.

For a big man, Lewis had WAY more skill than the tall guys like Cleveland Williams that Ali ever faced. But, like we all know, when Ali was in his prime, so fricking hard to hit.

Bu

Buster Douglas did not beat in his "Prime" Tyson. He beat coked out, women problems Tyson
The day Tyson married Givens I told my son that is the beginning of the end for Tyson. And it was.
He needed that constant overseeing by Cus D'Amato and Teddy Atlas. Even now, Atlas says he never
thought Tyson was "great".

Like I always say, "Tyson defeated all opponents in front of him, except the letter "s".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT