ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best heavyweight boxers

Ivan Vasilyevich Drago should be added to the list. Literally killed a prime Apollo Creed.
It really is amazing to think just how BIG boxing used to be and now how insignificant it has become.

The new Creed movie will garner more fans/interest than the next 10 HWT championship fights combined.

Reactions: BigRedTed and WHCSC
It really is amazing to think just how BIG boxing used to be and now how insignificant it has become.

The new Creed movie will garner more fans/interest than the next 10 HWT championship fights combined.
Boxing is so crooked. And the promotions keep elite fighters from fighting each other in there prime. It's hard to watch now a days. Although I try never to miss a Crawford fight. Get him and Spence on a card it would be huge.

1 - Joe Louis
2 - Muhammad Ali
3 - Larry Holmes
4 - George Foreman
5 - Lennox Lewis
6 - Evander Holyfield (best cruiser of all time by far)
7 - Joe Frazier
8 - Rocky Marciano
9 - Jack Johnson
10 - Jack Dempsey

With all this said... And I know a lot about boxing history. Wins and losses do not tell you everything. I would rank all 10 of these fighters ahead of Mayweather in a P4P all time rankings. And Mayweather is probably ranked 6th in simply welterweights from 1980 - present.
Wish ppl knew more about it all. He's not even really undefeated, Jose Luis Castillo beat him. IDGAF if the judges gave it to FMjr. Doesn't matter on paper, he lost that fight.

And Mayweather is the biggest bore in the sport. It would be like going to a movie, having no rising actions, no climax, no conclusion....... then being told by critics that you enjoyed it.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Tyson lost to all of the good heavyweights he fought during his era. He was way overrated. It wasn’t a mistake that Buster Douglass beat him.

you should go watch the clowns that are in Mike's corner for that fight. It was a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
Tyson haters are more impressed by dudes that lose to each other over and over than they are with what Tyson did as a 20 year old.

dude was crazy good. it's hard to even believe a 20 year old in the 80s could be built like he was.

1 - Joe Louis
2 - Muhammad Ali
3 - Larry Holmes
4 - George Foreman
5 - Lennox Lewis
6 - Evander Holyfield (best cruiser of all time by far)
7 - Joe Frazier
8 - Rocky Marciano
9 - Jack Johnson
10 - Jack Dempsey

With all this said... And I know a lot about boxing history. Wins and losses do not tell you everything. I would rank all 10 of these fighters ahead of Mayweather in a P4P all time rankings. And Mayweather is probably ranked 6th in simply welterweights from 1980 - present.
Wish ppl knew more about it all. He's not even really undefeated, Jose Luis Castillo beat him. IDGAF if the judges gave it to FMjr. Doesn't matter on paper, he lost that fight.

And Mayweather is the biggest bore in the sport. It would be like going to a movie, having no rising actions, no climax, no conclusion....... then being told by critics that you enjoyed it.
Why did you put George Foreman ahead of Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield? Holyfield beat George and Lennox Lewis is faster, stronger, and likely hits just as hard as George.

While clearly not an all time great , I really liked Jimmy Young. Best counter puncher I have ever seen. Totally got screwed by the judges against Ali imo.

Reactions: moralvictories
Why did you put George Foreman ahead of Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield? Holyfield beat George and Lennox Lewis is faster, stronger, and likely hits just as hard as George.
Honestly did that as an accident. You’re right, I have LL over Foreman.

As for Holyfield, GF was in his 40s for that fight and it still went the distance. Holyfield would agree on the age thing, he lost 5x in his 40s.

Spinks was a Cruiserweight and a Light Heavyweight. Not a Heavyweight. Tucker was just a guy.

Spinks is an all time great LH. Tyson's KO of him is a great win.

Foreman refused to fight Tucker - he was definitely more than just a guy. Went the distance with Tyson and Lennox. That's a dude in my book.

Joe Lewis was champion for 12 years and never ducked anyone.

Joe Louis was an American boxer who was world heavyweight champion from 1937 until 1949, the longest reign in the history of any weight division. Louis successfully defended his title 25 times, more than any other champion in any division, scoring 21 knockouts.

Reactions: auski
1. Muhammad Ali
2. Lennox Lewis
3. Evander Holyfield
4. George Foreman
5. Joe Frazier
My list of the best of the best
Rocky Marciano (Only undefeated Heavyweight) the original Rocky
Tyson Fury (Could join Marciano as undefeated)
Muhammad Ali
Joe Frazier
Lennox Lewis
Joe Lewis
Evander Holyfield

Reactions: TOMHP
Tyson Fury is the greatest heavyweight of all time from a talent perspective, you couldn't build a better heavyweight. He's huge and moves like a much smaller fighter. Wilder would be up on that list without Fury, noones every had the KO power Wilder has.
Yep. Fury beats them all. Too big and too good of a chin.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
anniversary of Buster Douglas KO of Tyson today (Feb 11 1990)

hqdefault.jpg

Yep. Fury beats them all. Too big and too good of a chin.
I agree.
To refute the previous claim that the top fighters are not fighting, Fury and Wilder fought 3 times, in their primes. Amazing fights. Both undefeated after first tight.

Tyson Fury may be the best yet. He beat Klichitsko, to win it all first, then beat the shit out of Wilder twice to win it back.
All three of those guys dwarf Ali, who was the greatest!

Sonny Liston was the Sham to Ali's Secretariat. Sham would've been an all-time great had he not been foaled the same year as Secretariat. I feel similarly about Liston, guy was an absolute beast but ran into the greatest. Had I won that 2 billion dollar lotto you best believe I'd clone Sham and win the Triple Crown with Sham 2 'Lectric Boogaloo.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Tyson died when Cuz did. Pre- Cuz. Top 5. As it stands...Not top ten. Could have been. though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT