ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best heavyweight boxers

2qm4ua.gif

Wished Tyson would not have fallen so hard, so fast. We'll never know how great he could have been. Losing Cus when he did derailed his shot to be a top 10 fighter but the weird thing is had he had Cus for several more years I wonder if he could have been the best ever....and IDK that answer.....I do know he fell off a cliff faster than I've ever seen an athlete fall.

Loved gathering with my buds during his reign to watch three minutes of boxing....haha. But we always watched.

Tyson Fury is the greatest heavyweight of all time from a talent perspective, you couldn't build a better heavyweight. He's huge and moves like a much smaller fighter. Wilder would be up on that list without Fury, noones every had the KO power Wilder has.
As far as movement goes, a young Ali says hello! Lol. Considering power, there's a guy named Foreman.

Reactions: moralvictories
Wished Tyson would not have fallen so hard, so fast. We'll never know how great he could have been. Losing Cus when he did derailed his shot to be a top 10 fighter but the weird thing is had he had Cus for several more years I wonder if he could have been the best ever....and IDK that answer.....I do know he fell off a cliff faster than I've ever seen an athlete fall.

Loved gathering with my buds during his reign to watch three minutes of boxing....haha. But we always watched.
Tyson lost to all of the good heavyweights he fought during his era. He was way overrated. It wasn’t a mistake that Buster Douglass beat him.

Reactions: moralvictories
Like I said...I don't even consider Tyson a top 10 fighter. BUT...had Cus been around for a few more years, who knows....and there is no way anyone can say one way or the other how it would have ended with him....if that had happened. Edit...I could be talked into him being a top 10er....but whatevs on that. 10...outside top 10...meh.

He never knocked out anyone very good. He knocked out a bunch of ham and eggers.
Would have liked to seen Tyson fight old George Foreman. I think young George, who beat Joe Frazier would beat Mike, but Mike and old George would have been good.

Reactions: auski
Would have liked to seen Tyson fight old George Foreman. I think young George, who beat Joe Frazier would beat Mike, but Mike and old George would have been good.
Michael Spinks was Tyson’s best win. Spinks was a cruiserweight. Maybe weighed 190 lbs when they fought.

Tough for me to leave Larry Holmes and Tyson Fury out of the top 5. Fury is the most complete Heavyweight (movement, power, ability to switch styles) I’ve ever seen. He’s able to look like Floyd in there, or use his weight to smother you (wilder 2).

Lennox Lewis in his prime vs young George Foreman would have been fun to see. I think Lewis would wear down George with his reach and his speed.

Probably more amazing than just Iron Mike's skills and rise and asskickingness before Don King and the death of Cus and going to prison...is that. the heavyweight boxing division has never recovered. and never will, since he has left the sport.

It really is amazing what he did, when he did it, how he did it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT