ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Are Chiropractors legit

The right "ONE" is worth every penny. Had a great one for 8 years, then he left town. Tried 6-7 others over the years, none of them ever seemed to get the adjustment done right.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Doctors think pills cure all
Chiropractors think cracking your back cured all
Surgeons think their surgeries cure all

Diet and functional medicine combined with exercise and combatting stress can cure anything

Also, make sure you purge your body of parasites.

Banana GIF by Topshelf Records
You just need to find the Right one.

No they are bullshit (literally)

The man who invented chiropractic was a snake oil salesman in Iowa who claimed a ghost told him to crack someone’s neck and it would cure their deafness (not kidding)

The first chiro school is still named for him

They are not doctors, they are not licensed or accredited by anyone but themselves.

Do yoga and lift weights and stretch and be more active/less sedentary instead

"Every team in the NFL employs a chiropractor as part of their medical team to help manage and prevent injuries. According to people in the NFL, chiropractic care is essential to their profession, and it demonstrates the vital role chiropractic care plays in optimizing athletic performance."

So does Nebraska, BTW. And every MLB team, etc., etc. These are cutting edge wellness staffs that fully believe in the benefits and would absolutely not put their multi-million dollar players in jeopardy.

It's not the same practice or treatment from that guy in the 1800's. There are several schools of chiropractic adjustive techniques. These have been studied and perfected over many generations. Like doctors, lawyers, teachers and everyone else....there are good ones and bad ones, and everywhere in between.

Why The Elite Athletes in the NFL Rely on Chiropractic Care

"Every team in the NFL employs a chiropractor as part of their medical team to help manage and prevent injuries. According to people in the NFL, chiropractic care is essential to their profession, and it demonstrates the vital role chiropractic care plays in optimizing athletic performance."

So does Nebraska, BTW. And every MLB team, etc., etc. These are cutting edge wellness staffs that fully believe in the benefits and would absolutely not put their multi-million dollar players in jeopardy.

It's not the same practice or treatment from that guy in the 1800's. There are several schools of chiropractic adjustive techniques. These have been studied and perfected over many generations. Like doctors, lawyers, teachers and everyone else....there are good ones and bad ones, and everywhere in between.

Why The Elite Athletes in the NFL Rely on Chiropractic Care
Oh wow the league responsible for the most severe mangling of its athletes while playing dumb and turning a blind eye?

The league that hands out vials of toradol like they’re after dinner mints?

“Would absolutely not put multi-million dollar players in jeopardy”

Surely you’re not serious?

There’s a reason NFL contracts aren’t guaranteed.

I had no idea what I was unleashing when starting this post. Touched a chord here
Yes they do work and no they don’t, the biggest problem is some of these so called chiropractors are nothing more than a massage therapist, then you have the ones that want you to come back every other day for several weeks, the best ones are that make adjustments and you don’t come back for 4-6 months. I’ve been going to one since 1987 always helped me.

Oh wow the league responsible for the most severe mangling of its athletes while playing dumb and turning a blind eye?

So who do you like besides Georgia covering against Clemson? lol

Husker line has to come down quite a bit for me to touch it

West Va +10.5 vs pennst

Over whatever the number in SMU-Nevada

Sparty -11.5 vs FAU
If I'm not mistaken, I think in games with a 29 point spread, NU is 1-4 and UTEP is 0-4. I likely won't bet anything for 2 weeks until I get a feel for some of the teams. So many teams with so many new players from the portal makes me take a wait and see approach.

Reactions: king_kong_
Athletes use chiropractic care a ton. Know a guy who treats the U of Wyoming athletes or at least he did at one time. I am going to guess that Nebraska has several available to athletes.

I have been to several over my lifetime - some are better than others. But then, there are some MD's that are better than other and I wouldn't take my cat to them. How many MD's were quacks during covid?

I have had headaches for years and chiropractic adjustments by the right person can eliminate a headache almost instantly. I do a lot of stretching, exercise and it all does help but the body does get out of sorts.

I have been through the "you need to come back twice a week" drill before as well. I guess think of the problem as a minor dislocation and the muscles adapt. The muscles want to keep pulling the joint the wrong way if it has been that way for a while. Once everything is straight and pulling together, things work.

Is there such a thing as a pinched nerve? What kinds of problems can that cause? Did it happen all at once or over time? One adjustment isn't going to compensate for something that been ongoing for a long time.

When asked I tell people to NOT go to the same chiropractor all of the time. If you do, you will tend to get the same adjustment over and over and while it may help, he knows what worked in the past. They adjust differently, so what one does the other might not.

That popping sound is air escaping the joint.
Don’t tell @king_kong_ he is never wrong on a subject.

Yes and No

Look, A massage or cracking my back and neck and a blow job all make me feel better...

Does the blow job mean I am not going to forget how annoying girls are the other 23 hours and 58 minutes? No, of course not, I am not an idiot...but for 2 minutes it felt great.

Husker line has to come down quite a bit for me to touch it

West Va +10.5 vs pennst

Over whatever the number in SMU-Nevada

Sparty -11.5 vs FAU
I watched a little 7 minute preview of the UTEP defense and they had a lot of key players graduate. They have a new DC from Austin Peay and a defensive coach from Jacksonville State.
Looks like they lost 4 DL, they lost their #1 and #2 leading tacklers from the LB spot, and it looks like they lost 4 DB's. They're gonna run a 3-3-5 with all 5 guys in the back being new.

They brought in a kid from FSU and another from Tulsa but all their transfers are from Austin Peay, Jacksonville State, Gardner Webb and some other smaller schools. Not that doesn't mean they can't be good players.

I'd say, on the surface, and I DO remember I'm talking about the Huskers, but wouldn't be surprised to see Dylan really light them up. Not like Dylan doesn't see a 3-3-5 every day at practice. They've lost 75% of their squad and it looks like they will have 18 new starters. Their projected starter at QB was their # 4 QB last year.

Still not gonna give the points though. LOL

Last edited:
Yes and No

Look, A massage or cracking my back and neck and a blow job all make me feel better...

Does the blow job mean I am not going to forget how annoying girls are the other 23 hours and 58 minutes? No, of course not, I am not an idiot...but for 2 minutes it felt great.
You misspelled 23:59:45.

Yes and No

Art Illustration GIF by Guille Rojas

I love your takes BTF - always a new perspective.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
Yes and No

What’s “a blow job”?

What’s “a blow job”?
So you must be married...

I kid, I kid!

But, in like 6th grade we were on a field trip and I LITERALLY just found out what a BJ was...so I asked one of my friends "Dude, do you even know what a BJ is??" acting all cool

And he said "Yeah, it is when you blow on a girls pussy"

Which of course made me think that he was correct...so I basically just had to wait it out.

You changed the context. If chiropractic was a noxious practice, they wouldn't jeopardize their players with it. The goal is obviously to have players at their healthiest and peak performance levels.

I would also add that people assume all chiropractors do is crack joints. The good ones will work on soft tissue. If things are really out of place, imagine the extra pressure on muscles. Sometimes it is really painful to work those muscles but in the end it feels great!
Why would someone go to a chiropractor instead of an ortho for that?

Anyone swear by their back cracker?
I’m 70 years old. 30+ years ago I thought chiropractors were charlatans. Then I started getting nerve pain down my legs. My wife and I were scheduled for a 60 day European trip. I couldn’t walk a block without severe pain and I was getting desperate thinking I couldn’t make the trip, so I broke down and went to a chiropractor. Make a long story short -he got my bones aligned and I had a pain free trip. I’ve used them a few times since and I almost always get help. I went from doubter to believer.

Reactions: oldjar07
You changed the context. If chiropractic was a noxious practice, they wouldn't jeopardize their players with it. The goal is obviously to have players at their healthiest and peak performance levels.
nope, sorry.

the context of this thread is overall health

not peak performance for 60 minutes one day per week for only 17 weeks per year, health be damned

Reactions: bigboxes
Trust my chiropractor a lot more than my md. He told me not to take the jab and that masks didn't do anything. I take care of myself and haven't seen a md in over a decade beside annual blood work.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
No they are bullshit (literally)

The man who invented chiropractic was a snake oil salesman in Iowa who claimed a ghost told him to crack someone’s neck and it would cure their deafness (not kidding)

The first chiro school is still named for him

They are not doctors, they are not licensed or accredited by anyone but themselves.

Do yoga and lift weights and stretch and be more active/less sedentary instead
Just plain ignorant…and loud. Dangerous combination.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I'd say if you do have persistent back issues/pain, you need one, but if you don't, then they are a waste of time and money. Every time I've had any back/neck pain in the past, it just went away after a few days. Chiropractic probably isn't necessary in that instance. Over this last couple of years though, I've had back pain/issues that have never fully gone away. Chiropractic is really the only option to turn to at that point, as MD essentially ignores the issue. And considering the central nervous system affects the functioning of literally everything in your body, it's important that it's functioning right and that the spinal misalignment isn't putting pressure on nerves or other issues. Of course other things will help with that as well such as stretching and weight training. But considering chiropractic are the only professionals that want to deal with such an important area of the body, I'd say they fulfill an essential function and aren't just snakeoil salesmen.

I'm not offended because I'm not relying on you for the health of my family.

Some of us are dogmatic, perfect is example of you last year with HH, right? I'm done now.

I don't want to get pissed off and throw you back on Ignore, cause I think you and I can be really good allies in the upcoming football wagering campaign.
Ha! The ignore threat. Love it.

No matter what group of people I choose. Office, family, etc, the people who religiously believe in chiropractors are always the dumbest, poorest, and most unhealthy. It's crazy.

I know someone who took a 2 month old to the chiropractor. WTF. Shockingly enough neither parent graduated high school.

Yes and No

When my wife is mad at me she'll sometimes tell me how I'm only happy when I'm getting consistently laid. I always tell her no shit. I could be walking around with broken ribs, a brain tumor, the flu, and Lyme disease but if I got laid the night before people would still think I just won the lottery.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
When my wife is mad at me she'll sometimes tell me how I'm only happy when I'm getting consistently laid. I always tell her no shit. I could be walking around with broken ribs, a brain tumor, the flu, and Lyme disease but if I got laid the night before people would still think I just won the lottery.
I was talking with a buddy over some beers and I was like "Have you ever noticed that when you are ****ing EVERYTHING is fine?"

I could have a cough and runny nose, my back could be hurting, my ankle sprained, but during and after sex, I am perfectly fine. It is amazing.

I was talking with a buddy over some beers and I was like "Have you ever noticed that when you are ****ing EVERYTHING is fine?"

I could have a cough and runny nose, my back could be hurting, my ankle sprained, but during and after sex, I am perfectly fine. It is amazing.
And when you're not getting any everything is exponentially worse. All the school shooters probably needed some occasional box to be happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT