ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone catch the reveal today for EA Sports College Football Game?

Yes I did!!

73e44930-12c0-4f2c-b563-6b39613b1ada_text.gif

Looks freaking amazing! Super hyped. I was kinda bummed to not see any Nebraska in it, but... We have sucked for the whole decade since the last game lol.

I'm hoping thenew game is awesome, as are our Huskers with a killer turnaround this upcoming season!

Pre-ordered for Xbox

Last edited:
Guess I’ll finally have to put my XBox 1 out to pasture to play this. Hoping for a Memorial Day special on Series X.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm not spending 600$ for one game. This old model of restricting games to certain platforms needs to die.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
looks great.. I left PC gaming for the PS like 15 years ago.. you guys still 'building' pc's, with motherboards, case fans and all that stuff? man what a waste of money that model was/is.. within a year of building an awesome gaming pc, it was barely worth anything and had to give them away. The gaming was excellent, but what a complete waste of time and cash.

looks great.. I left PC gaming for the PS like 15 years ago.. you guys still 'building' pc's, with motherboards, case fans and all that stuff? man what a waste of money that model was/is.. within a year of building an awesome gaming pc, it was barely worth anything and had to give them away. The gaming was excellent, but what a complete waste of time and cash.
PC building is cheaper and easier than it ever has been. Consoles are like public transportation. It works, I guess.

My last PC lasted 10 years for 1300$. Consoles over the long term are more expensive and limited.

PC building is cheaper and easier than it ever has been. Consoles are like public transportation. It works, I guess.

My last PC lasted 10 years for 1300$. Consoles over the long term are more expensive and limited.
I've thought about making a return to it.. even spec'd out a new build here and there, but in the end, it feels so 2005, that I could never pull the trigger and can't see myself going back to a windows machine either.

New consoles look great and don't have the issues with drivers, and everything else that can go wrong. If I were to do it all over, I'd prob consider an Xbox today, but the future is moving to the cloud too, so another reason to avoid building a boat anchor.

I've thought about making a return to it.. even spec'd out a new build here and there, but in the end, it feels so 2005, that I could never pull the trigger and can't see myself going back to a windows machine either.

New consoles look great and don't have the issues with drivers, and everything else that can go wrong. If I were to do it all over, I'd prob consider an Xbox today, but the future is moving to the cloud too, so another reason to avoid building a boat anchor.
With xbox and playstation games coming over to PC, I have no real need for those platforms. Charging for online and being stuck in their walled garden just doesn't appeal to me anymore. With PC, you can do anything you want, use any input, any display, any headset, etc. Games look better, run better and are often cheaper. Tons of free games on PC as well with Epic giving away games every week.

I use an ultrawide monitor and consoles don't support them or mouse/keyboard. Those are my biggest reasons for staying on PC, in addition to all the other perks.

I’m gonna wait a month or two for patches to come through to fix bugs. Then a lesser priced used ps5 for me!
I picked up a PS5 about a year and a half ago, and (knock on wood) haven't had any problems with it at all. I don't think a lot of games are even taxing it, as the fans never really spin up. On some multiplayer stuff, I am sure they are turning down the graphics when you have like 64+ people in a game, but it's been a smooth experience so far.

The bad side, is, Sony raised the prices for PS Plus Essential to like $79 bucks.. but you do get 3+ games a month, and usually one of those is interesting and pretty good. The next level up, where you can game from the cloud from a list of games worked pretty good in the US when I last tried it.

The Xbox series X was $150 during Christmas so I bought one for $349. I find it more relaxing to play on my couch in front of my big OLED TV. The last thing I want to do after sitting at a desk all day at work is to sit at another desk to play games. Plus I didn't buy the series X just for one game. GTA 6 will probably be out first for consoles as well sometime in mid 2025 so I will get plenty of use of this console.

I'm not going to buy the deluxe version just to get three days early access but since I have a month of vacation to use, I took the week after it's being released to do nothing but relax and enjoy the game.

The Xbox series X was $150 during Christmas so I bought one for $349. I find it more relaxing to play on my couch in front of my big OLED TV. The last thing I want to do after sitting at a desk all day at work is to sit at another desk to play games. Plus I didn't buy the series X just for one game. GTA 6 will probably be out first for consoles as well sometime in mid 2025 so I will get plenty of use of this console.

I'm not going to buy the deluxe version just to get three days early access but since I have a month of vacation to use, I took the week after it's being released to do nothing but relax and enjoy the game.
I sometimes game at my desk and sometimes on my adjustable bed with my TV mounted on the wall. PC gaming allows everything and anything you can think of.

Consoles just run games so poorly that it is a shame good games are held hostage on dated hardware.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT