ADVERTISEMENT

OT - AI's taking our jobs!

rgrachek

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004

It makes me laugh so hard to listen to these really strange people who just happen to have some tech acumen make proclamations about the future. It's a classic example that when someone becomes "somewhat" an expert on something (i.e. they got rich quick) they extrapolate their success into the notion that they know something about everything. It's the same thing when politicians or celebrities opine on the economy, the environment, technology, social order, or anything else with the notion that they're experts because they have the microphone and an audience.

Evolution of jobs is something that has been at play since, like, the beginning of time. 80% of the people who work in the USA today work in jobs that didn't exist in the 1850s. By 2100, 80% of the current jobs will be gone also, but will be replaced by different jobs or more leisure time. That's my take, but the point is that their take isn't any better than my take, someone who's only platform is the RSS. They're using their platform as someone in technology to put their guesses (or fantasies) out there when they have the same level of "don't know what they don't know" that I or any Joe Blow does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News