ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon's NON Con opponents have allowed 1200 combined total yards in their other 2 games....

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
Virginia allowed 540 yards to Richmond, an FCS team in week 1.
UC Davis allowed 662 yards to Southern Oregon, an NAIA team, in week 2.

Ironically, Fresno State plays UC Davis on Saturday.

Oregon has 4 new offensive linemen starters whom redshirted last season. Their QB, Dakota Prukop is obviously a transfer from Montana State. He's never played on the road in front a crowd bigger than 26,000 fans.

UC Davis is an FCS teams. The only Power 5 Defensive Front 7 he's ever faced was Virginia. This 2016 Virginia team is potentially looking at an 0-11 season. They play at UCONN on Saturday where they are a dog. The following week, they have Central Michigan at home. That CMU team just beat Oklahoma State in Stillwater. If UCONN doesn't win either of those games, they will be at least touchdown dogs in every other game this season, even a trip to Wake Forest.

I realize Oregon is extremely talented. They have 4 excellent receivers, an NFL tight end, and potentially the best RB in college football. But their new pieces on offense have NOT seen real Power 5 competition.

You can easily question Nebraska's competition as well. And my point is not about the quality of the non con foes, its strictly about the inexperience and how its been tested so far. Nebraska is playing at home with a pretty experienced roster minus RT, RG one DT spot. Nebraska hasn't played anyone of merit yet in 2016, but the bulk of their roster has played vs. a lot of good football teams.

This new group of Oregon's o-line, QB, and most of their front 7 on defense doesn't have that type of tenure.

I think this topic is worthy of discussion.

I know their competition was weak but their O looks legit and I think they will move the ball. I am also worried about their punt returner against our punt team (BTW, I would love to see DPE get a shot at a couple returns against their punt team). On a side note, I was very impressed with Virginia's punter last weekend against Oregon, he was good.

Last edited:
I know their competition was weak but their O looks legit and I think they will move the ball. I am also worried about their punt returner against our punt team (I would love to see DPE get a shot at a couple returns). On a side note, I was very impressed with Virginia's punter last weekend against Oregon, he was good.

You should worry about Nebraska's punt team. It's a dumpster fire.

I just think we should pump the brakes a bit on their offense. They're getting really good athletes out in space vs. opponents that can't stop air in space.

I think we're gonna win. I don't think Oregon will give up or meltdown (aka wyoming qb) though. And, I also think Oregon is going to score a lot of points. They have the offensive personnel, and I count the qb in that group. In terms of college qb's, he's seen his share of playing time.

Can we stop Oregon's ground game without sacrificing pass coverage? That's my question mark going into this game. Quite a bit of the angst is carryover from last year, right or wrong, but it's there. A spread team, maybe the best RB in CFB, and a qb that can run or throw. If they get their athletes out in space, can we effectively and consistently stop so many weapons? Or, are we gonna be relying on them stopping themselves.

They've had their share of problems this year, new defense/new DC, penalties, a qb new to the system. If their defense is hot garbage, we can't piss away opportunities and shoot our self in the foot.

Reactions: arf_man
Team speed concerns me but their D is very suspect.

This is a very winnable game and I'll be disappointed if they don't pull it out.

Virginia allowed 540 yards to Richmond, an FCS team in week 1.
UC Davis allowed 662 yards to Southern Oregon, an NAIA team, in week 2.

Ironically, Fresno State plays UC Davis on Saturday.

Oregon has 4 new offensive linemen starters whom redshirted last season. Their QB, Dakota Prukop is obviously a transfer from Montana State. He's never played on the road in front a crowd bigger than 26,000 fans.

UC Davis is an FCS teams. The only Power 5 Defensive Front 7 he's ever faced was Virginia. This 2016 Virginia team is potentially looking at an 0-11 season. They play at UCONN on Saturday where they are a dog. The following week, they have Central Michigan at home. That CMU team just beat Oklahoma State in Stillwater. If UCONN doesn't win either of those games, they will be at least touchdown dogs in every other game this season, even a trip to Wake Forest.

I realize Oregon is extremely talented. They have 4 excellent receivers, an NFL tight end, and potentially the best RB in college football. But their new pieces on offense have NOT seen real Power 5 competition.

You can easily question Nebraska's competition as well. And my point is not about the quality of the non con foes, its strictly about the inexperience and how its been tested so far. Nebraska is playing at home with a pretty experienced roster minus RT, RG one DT spot. Nebraska hasn't played anyone of merit yet in 2016, but the bulk of their roster has played vs. a lot of good football teams.

This new group of Oregon's o-line, QB, and most of their front 7 on defense doesn't have that type of tenure.

I think this topic is worthy of discussion.
so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jpg

If the Huskers lose to Oregon this weekend, there is a good chance that it will have a lot to do with the horrible special teams play.

How can the punt teams (both sides) be so bad? Seriously!

Reactions: headcard
Wyoming got us on the fly sweep a few times last week. I sure hope the defense figures that out. Because if Oregon turns the corner like Wyoming did, we aren't going to catch them like we did Wyomings WRs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT