ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon has been killing it in recruiting

With all due respect, do you have any idea how much money the FDIC has to bail out accounts?
They only have $ 125B in reserves. At <250 K a pop, that gets gobbled up in a day.
In a huge city like Los Angeles there are probably 100,000 people that have over 250K in the bank, that's $25 Billion right there.

Yellen already said they will only bail out the big banks, the rest are gonna be SOL. Banks will just issue people some worthless bank stocks, where you're at the bottom as an unsecured lender.

The ultimate plan is for all regional and small banks to go belly up leaving us citizens with about 6 mega banks. That's been the intent since 1913.

Read the Dodd-Frank Banking Bill of 2010. It can't be any more clear what will happen.
It's the government trust me. NOT. I don't trust anything about our government. Wish I could convert everything into gold

It's the government trust me. NOT. I don't trust anything about our government. Wish I could convert everything into gold
A lot of folks have the same sentiments.

Personally I wouldn't recommend converting all of what I have into gold. Sure, its liquid,
and its been recognized as money around the world for thousands of years.

If fiat currency isn't able to retain any value, and the USD certainly hasn't, then it's currency, not MONEY.

The very definition of MONEY is something that retains its purchasing value and is recognized as such virtually anywhere in the world.

When did you pull into cash if you don’t mind me asking? Have you been able to ride the most recent wave up?

I tend to hold it, and not time the market, knowing in general I will keep pouring into it each check and during bonus time. I’ll ride it if it goes down and will buy as much as I can while it’s on sale. And ride it back up. Other than the big one it is basically fully recovered within 2-3 years, and I’m at least 10-15 years from retirement.

Goal then is to stay aggressive and have enough to weather the storms. Don’t want to have my largest sum ever at retirement parked in cash.

We will see how it plays out. 😁

When did you pull into cash if you don’t mind me asking? Have you been able to ride the most recent wave up?

I tend to hold it, and not time the market, knowing in general I will keep pouring into it each check and during bonus time. I’ll ride it if it goes down and will buy as much as I can while it’s on sale. And ride it back up. Other than the big one it is basically fully recovered within 2-3 years, and I’m at least 10-15 years from retirement.

Goal then is to stay aggressive and have enough to weather the storms. Don’t want to have my largest sum ever at retirement parked in cash.

We will see how it plays out. 😁
You can never wrong with dollar cost averaging. I missed this big bull run in my non-401k investments. Looks like my VIX holdings will finally start to pay off though.

Bitcoin is getting absolutely destroyed. Nothing like being down 25% in a week.

Last edited:
Treasury bond market is screaming a major bull steepening which means a nasty recession is on our doorstep. Everything bubble is gonna pop.
The economy has been going so great lately, but it appears that the feds efforts to slow down the economy may finally be working. Perhaps a little too well.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
The economy has been going so great lately, but it appears that the feds efforts to slow down the economy may finally be working. Perhaps a little too well.
Powell needs to stay strong. No emergency meetings. Needs to be more blood in the streets.

I put my 401k in cash at the start of covid but I couldn't handle the stress of worrying if I was going to time my re-entry correctly. I ended up making some money but I had trouble sleeping at night and I never have trouble sleeping.
Most people who went to cash missed some of the biggest run ups. Hopefully you got back in before too much damage was done. The tough part of timing the market is that you have to get lucky on not one but two decisions-- when to get out and when to get back in. Timing the market never seems to work in real life although most people seem to have no problem with it on anonymous message boards and the financial shows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT