ADVERTISEMENT

Open those NIL checkbooks!

Frost should be putting in several hundred thousands of dollars, now (NIL). Getting 3 or 4 studs, right now, could be the difference between getting his walking papers or getting his contract back in place (gulp).

Do I get a refund if I buy a kid and then he goes to the portal a couple months later and ends up at Oregon State?
Not doubt, the taking money under false pretenses, allegations of scamming the public, or something would be tested legally.

I don't know the legal requirements, and not gonna look, but I'd be surprised there would not be legal ways to try to come recoup some of the dough.

I know I'd be pissed if I forked over real money for a kid, who I hoped would play at least a couple years, only to have him transfer out, maybe due to a better offer.

To each his own, but when I donate money I want it used for the purpose intended.

They are selling people quite literally. You belong to the highest bidder. This is f***ing bizarre.

The last time people were bought and sold in America... it was Jan 1, 1863 The Emancipation Proclamation.

We're on a train and I want to get off.

Last edited:
Great motivation to get into the gym and pump iron myself...instead of watching and paying other people to do it.

Last edited:
They are selling people quite literally. You belong to the highest bidder. This is f***ing bizarre.

The last time people were bought and sold in America... it was Jan 1, 1863 The Emancipation Proclamation.

I’m pretty sure no one is forcing anyone to take the money

I'll still watch Gopher FB & BB while they're in contention. Or if they have big potential to improve. But I won't waste my time watching all the games. Huge waste of time. And I will never watch other games, especially with all the SLEAZE involved.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I’m pretty sure no one is forcing anyone to take the money
Nah. Nobody is forcing, but they're being smart as anyone should - looking for the best deals and deciding for themselves what they like!

My reactions are due to a portal that you can buy athletes and sponsor them

Anyone who has an employer buying their services basically is in the same situation. That employer is buying you.

Pretty weird. Zero interest. Slow death of the game’s appeal continues.
I wouldn't ever expect gangbusters interest for that many kids but in all fairness it's also way too early. I doubt many people in Nebraska even know about the website yet. Businesses probably wouldn't pick up until right before the football season gets underway in August. They're going to need more publicity and/or advertising to build awareness. Anyone who's tried to market anything online knows building traffic is the key. If no one promotes it, then it will flop.

The thing the athletes can do for themselves is promote it to their Twitter and Social Media followers. For example, someone like Thompson can built a good following to promote it to because he's got a personality and likely will be a key player in the Fall. And someone who sits on the bench and has no followers any where will just languish.

Last edited:
I wouldn't ever expect gangbusters interest for that many kids but in all fairness it's also way too early. I doubt many people in Nebraska even know about the website yet. Businesses probably wouldn't pick up until right before the football season gets underway in August. They're going to need more publicity and/or advertising to build awareness. Anyone who's tried to market anything online knows building traffic is the key. If no one promotes it, then it will flop.

The thing the athletes can do for themselves is promote it to their Twitter and Social Media followers. For example, someone like Thompson can built a good following to promote it to because he's got a personality and likely will be a key player in the Fall. And someone who sits on the bench and has no followers any where will just languish.
Nebraskans are notoriously frugal (is that another way to say "cheap"?)
with mostly the only game in town, Husker nation can, one would think, be on top of this game (or one of them),
but we can be fickle....Let's see...

It’s funny how humans keep returning to their own vommit.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
What do people "pitch" to the athletes?

Teddy Prochazka-- I'll pay you $100 to ruin my bratty neighbor's birthday party.
Omar Manning-- I'll pay you $200 to play on my coed slow pitch softball team for our championship game.
Kenzie Knuckles-- I'll pay you $75 to give me advice on how to raise a puppy.
Wilhelm Breidenbach-- I'll pay you $250 to tell me what happens in the latest Walking Dead season so I don't have to watch it.

What a bad take. Seems like players were more "owned" when they had to volunteer some of the most productive years of their lives to a university just to get a shot at getting paid for it. Now they have leverage.

What a bad take. Seems like players were more "owned" when they had to volunteer some of the most productive years of their lives to a university just to get a shot at getting paid for it. Now they have leverage.

This take is worse.

They were being compensated for their time.

They could have worked full time jobs and went to college like many people do. Boy that sounds fun.

If it makes us relevant again, I'm all for it. If we stay stuck in mediocrity or worse, I'm totally against it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT