ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

Ever since the iron curtain fell and the USSR was gone the Olympics just we’re the same especially when you grow up we have to beat the Soviets, I still remember the screw job of the us mens basketball team and miracle on ice.No drama anymore just fluff. So I haven’t watched in years

I like some of the head-to-head racing events, like snowboard cross and short-track speed skating. Also might watch some hockey later in the games. But I can't sit through all the feature stories and talk-a-thons waiting to see some actual events.

Last edited:
I've been watching what I can. Unfortunately haven't seen much curling or short track yet.

I'll watch some short track and that's about it.

I remember in '08 when they were held in Beijing. 10,000 fluff pieces as to what a great thing this was as it would open up China to the rest of the world and vice versa.

That worked out well.

Not a fan of any country that enslaves its own people, devalues its currency to create unfair trade and steals intellectual property from us in the billions of dollars. Everyone remembers that the Chinese are communists right? They're not our friend. They want to annihilate us.

Nope. Just a giant commercial with brief sports interruptions.
Just so you know, American broadcast sucks. They spend 75% of their time on human interest stories. That and they only cover American-centric events. Switch to the Canadian broadcast (you'll need a VPN) and see a much better coverage of actual events. Buuuuut, I'm not watching anything more than what the news sneaks in as I try to navigate around the China Olympics. I didn't watch Putin's Olympics and I'm not watching Pooh's Olympics. It's like 1936 all over again. We have two dictators that threaten world peace. They don't support freedom of speech nor democracy. Why should I watch their big propaganda while they corral up all the news reporters? Eff Putin and eff Xi!

Immediately after posting this, boxes was labeled an enemy of the Chinese Communist Party and the Russian Federation. We'll see how free he is now!

Just so you know, American broadcast sucks. They spend 75% of their time on human interest stories. That and they only cover American-centric events. Switch to the Canadian broadcast (you'll need a VPN) and see a much better coverage of actual events. Buuuuut, I'm not watching anything more than what the news sneaks in as I try to navigate around the China Olympics. I didn't watch Putin's Olympics and I'm not watching Pooh's Olympics. It's like 1936 all over again. We have two dictators that threaten world peace. They don't support freedom of speech nor democracy. Why should I watch their big propaganda while they corral up all the news reporters? Eff Putin and eff Xi!

Immediately after posting this, boxes was labeled an enemy of the Chinese Communist Party and the Russian Federation. We'll see how free he is now!
Anyone know where Boxes went? He hasn’t been seen on this board since this post.

I hope he’s ok… at the very least, a message in which he retracts this post and calls China and Russia the best places ever.

I expect we will have to wait a few weeks for that post…

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes
I'm watching some NASCAR being ran inside the L.A. Coliseum. That is about as much sporting activity being ran in a Communist state than I can handle.
Seemed like an interesting idea, so I tuned in. Watched 5 minutes, got bored, so switched to watching grass grow and watch paint dry.

• Haha
Reactions: resdog851
Won't watch. Hope our athletes do well and hope they get just as political there as here. Let's see how many stones they really have if they're the correct political.

Won't watch a minute of it. Screw the Chinese they gave me the Wuhan flu

Won't watch. Hope our athletes do well and hope they get just as political there as here. Let's see how many stones they really have if they're the correct political.

Won't watch a minute of it. Screw the Chinese they gave me the Wuhan flu
For some odd reason I don’t see the USA athlete’s going anywhere political smack talk unless it’s pro Chinese

Being from CO, love the Winter Olympics. Just watched women’s moguls—incredibly difficult to do what those ladies are doing. Sad to see Mikaela Shiffrin skid out on her first giant slalom run, but she’ll be back (snow looks like complete crap). I know one of our snowboard cross racers so will be rooting for him on Wednesday night. Go Mick go!

Reactions: 250vertical

Did you realize that the broadcasters are in a remote location in Connecticut and most of the media are communist they should relish the opportunity to go to China

Last edited:
too bad that burrows lost, but the guy that beat him won 4 ncaa championships, so he did'nt get beat by a bum, and he had a helluva run

Anyone watching them? I haven’t had any interest but wondering if I’m alone in this regard.
ent with faniAnyone watching them? I haven’t had any interest but wondering if I’m alone in this regard.
Not watching. The games should not be in China. Part of the reason they are is so very few countries even bid for them. The Olympics need to be scaled back in size to make hosting them easier for more countries. Get rid of the fringe sports that didn't exist 50 years ago and sports that require special unique venues like curling. Stop turning the opening ceremony into a massive brag-fest for the host country. Stop forcing countries to build gleaming hotels for elitist media and dignitaries.

As far as China, they covered up the true origins of Covid-19, enslave and abuse their own people, and are threatening to take over what should be a free, independent country in Taiwan. Our political leaders sold our economy to China and we have a president with family business dealings with a corrupt communist regime. We should be trying to move manufacturing out of China and partnering with countries in Latin America to do that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT