ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss Star RB Judkins to enter the portal

That's exactly what teams like Colorado and Ole Miss are doing. Deion did use the portal last year to try to rebuild almost the entire team, which was an anomaly. But he's doing exactly what you're talking about this year. As is Kiffin. Time will tell if it works out. USC did it when Riley went there and it worked out pretty well.
Kiffin took 20 hs recruits, Deion took 8. What Deion is doing is not common.

Yeah, you're not understanding me. I know what's been done. I'm talking about what the future looks like. Things are not the same as they've been and they're trending more that way. And again, unlike oldjar, I'm not saying it is guaranteed that loading up on mostly portal players is necessarily going to be the future. But I think it's naive to say for certain that it won't be. As more and more talent goes into the portal every year, teams will have to shift their focus more toward it. Simple math says they'll just have to. Hell, maybe it ends up being 50/50? I don't know. But it'll be more than what's been done in the past.
Well so far it's not playing out that way, other then a few outliers. Most teams are not loading up in the portal. Most teams, especially good ones, are using it strategically.

Yes, besides Dowdell.
Good lord. In your attempt to move yourself into some insider level that only you care about, for whatever reason, you’ve turned yourself into a complete dipsh!t.

Just take a lap.

And when you get back, you need to take another couple laps. And when you’re done with those, there will be plenty of up-downs.

If the rules dont change you better get used to doing so.

Teams are losing up to 20 players at a time.
And the last count I saw on another site showed the total number of players still in the portal is 2100+. So a good number of those 20 player at a time are being asked to leave or the player sees there is no opportunity for him at his current school.

And the last count I saw on another site showed the total number of players still in the portal is 2100+. So a good number of those 20 player at a time are being asked to leave or the player sees there is no opportunity for him at his current school.
Thats an entire recruiting class of players.

To be replaced by freshmen...yikes

Reactions: Landomatic
Yes, besides Dowdell.
you-dont-know-that-you-know-nothing.gif

Reactions: dinglefritz
You could take the top dozen on this list. Some of the rankings after that aren't that good. I'd have Chaney and Ward a lot closer to the top 10, for example. But there's probably at least 30 there better than anything on our roster. Boise State guy was also in the portal for a bit before returning to his school.
From what I see only 1 or 2 are as good, but I'm not the expert level genius you are.

Reactions: beaglehusker
Good lord. In your attempt to move yourself into some insider level that only you care about, for whatever reason, you’ve turned yourself into a complete dipsh!t.

Just take a lap.

And when you get back, you need to take another couple laps. And when you’re done with those, there will be plenty of up-downs.
Okay well if I'm wrong, then name them.

Posting this again for @oldjar07. I think you missed this one. Are saying you know more about roster management and recruiting than the above coaches?
I'm saying I've been ahead of the curve and have completed original work in multiple different fields, problems of which were much more difficult than anything these coaches have faced. Read into that what you will.

Kiffin took 20 hs recruits, Deion took 8. What Deion is doing is not common.

Yeah and Kiffin has a 3 year head start on Deion, so again it's back to that timeline thing. Deion has had far more holes to fill than Kiffin...and they both have far more than Saban, Kirby, etc. But yeah, no doubt what Deion is doing is very unorthodox. It's kind of impossible not to have this conversation without including him, but it's such an outlier that you also almost have to disregard it.

Last edited:
Well so far it's not playing out that way, other then a few outliers. Most teams are not loading up in the portal. Most teams, especially good ones, are using it strategically.

But it is playing out that way, at least to some degree. As more and more talent enters the portal, more and more teams are shifting their focus to it. You think all these talented players are just going to go unsigned? Or end up at FCS schools?

And maybe the key to this whole thing is that, as you said, the good teams aren't doing it as much as the bad ones. Well, last I checked, we're not a good team. To compare our optimal strategy to Saban and Kirby is apples and oranges. So, you might have sort of made my point for me there.

Again, want to reiterate, I'm not dug in on either of the strategies (portal vs recruit), I'm just looking at both sides of the coin. In today's landscape, I don't think any of us can claim that the way to build a team is to recruit heavily and use the portal for a handful of players. Yeah, that's been the best strategy in the past, but things are shifting away from that without a doubt.

Last edited:
i think that’s Kongs point, IGC isn’t reliable. So the total of snaps is low… but hey he will be right there for UTEP and the first half of Colorado. him and G Erving Jr.

But don’t worry Gabe will take a ton of gym selfies this summer to quench your man crush thirsts
Some in Mississippi are accusing an unnamed school of tampering - while others connected to the school are claiming he was a cancer on the team.

Reactions: king_kong_
Yeah, Rhule did say that. And to be clear, those "one year rentals" I was referring to can have a major impact immediately. That's why I was actually more excited about McCord than DR simply because McCord had experience and was a proven winner. Granted, he was winning at Ohio State surrounded by NFL-level talent, but he won nonetheless.

Five-star recruits are a bit like First Round draft picks. You never know what you're gonna get. That's why I'm glad my NFL team (the Rams) strike gold in the later rounds. Fvck them picks lol.

But it's all a moot point now. DR's the man so let's hope he is every bit as good as his rating says he is. Then let's hope he stays at Nebraska.
I think it has become clear thru the end of the recruiting process that Dylan is home.

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT