ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma and Texass are officially SEC now

Yeah, and the past 6 years that Stoops has been gone, OU is 5-1 against Texas. Got any other great comments?
Didn't ya hear? The Big 12 is a major conference. They got Iowa State... uh... um.... Nebra... no they left... um... Missouri... no they left... who can forget Oklahom..a... nope, they left... Texas A&... shoot, they left too... uhhhh... Texas!... there, I got one!... what?? Texas left too?? Damn. Let's start again. Iowa State... uh... um...

And not doing as good as he needs to. Another few seasons like last year and he'll be gone, and he doesn't have a great QB to bail him out for 2024.
riley's an elite offensive coach. he's brought in some new defensive coaches. fix that side and usc will be salty. i'm anxious to see how they deal with travel and weather out here in the flyover zone. those two variables should not be taken lightly, methinks.

Last edited:
i'm not sure where you guys get this "bend over" nonsense. texas and k-state had some great games. the last comment from their fans i read after last year's 33-30 thriller in austin: i don't want to ever see those sons-a-bitches again. the b12 ended 11-7 texas. in mbb it ended 22-22 in conference play. in wbb, k-state led the series 34-18. so there was no 'bending over' to the horns.

sorpresa.gif

there was no trophy at play for beating iowa. i suppose N has one though as it is a b10 thing to trophy some pretty awful stuff like the ole broken bucket and somebody's hog.
Are you referring to the Old Oaken Bucket? If so, that dates back to 1925 - so, nearly 100 years - and is rewarded to the winner of the Indiana-Purdue game.

I know that's not a game that really anyone outside of those two schools care about, but it is steeped in history and tradition. Which is one of several in the B1G.

I would think that any true college football fan would appreciate that, seeing as how one of the top complaints these days is how the game is losing so much tradition and regionality.

But then again, things like history and tradition are not known to anyone left in the Big 12, so your take is not surprising.

Are you referring to the Old Oaken Bucket? If so, that dates back to 1925 - so, nearly 100 years - and is rewarded to the winner of the Indiana-Purdue game.

I know that's not a game that really anyone outside of those two schools care about, but it is steeped in history and tradition. Which is one of several in the B1G.

I would think that any true college football fan would appreciate that, seeing as how one of the top complaints these days is how the game is losing so much tradition and regionality.

But then again, things like history and tradition are not known to anyone left in the Big 12, so your take is not surprising.
i was not the one suggesting a trophy for beating iowa. i was making light of the thought. and i have attended several purdue/iu games having lived in the state on two separate occasions. i know the tradition over there. and yes, the game is meaningless and has been pretty much for our entire lifetimes to all but hoosiers. basketball on the other hand - whew!
images

i was not the one suggesting a trophy for beating iowa. i was making light of the thought. and i have attended several purdue/iu games having lived in the state on two separate occasions. i know the tradition over there. and yes, the game is meaningless and has been pretty much for our entire lifetimes to all but hoosiers. basketball on the other hand - whew!
images
He was not suggesting a trophy simply for beating Iowa. He was just showing you that a couple of victories over Iowa has not added any trophies of any kind to the vast wasteland of a trophy case in Manhattan Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT