ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma and Texass are officially SEC now

This must be @AVeritas. X account. America's conference? Nobody cares about the new watered down group of retreads..
39520043.jpg

This must be @AVeritas. X account. America's conference? Nobody cares about the new watered down group of retreads..
I just don't see much interest in the new Big 12. The SEC has a bunch of must see games. The Big 10 has several must see games and a bunch of intriguing ones like PSU vs. USC or Oregon vs. Wisconsin. The casual fan is going to be hard pressed to tune in to very many Big 12 games.

I just don't see much interest in the new Big 12. The SEC has a bunch of must see games. The Big 10 has several must see games and a bunch of intriguing ones like PSU vs. USC or Oregon vs. Wisconsin. The casual fan is going to be hard pressed to tune in to very many Big 12 games.
Yea, big 12 is just above group of 5 teams. Is it power 5 now that the pac has basically dissolved and all the big names are out of the big 12?

Yea, big 12 is just above group of 5 teams. Is it power 5 now that the pac has basically dissolved and all the big names are out of the big 12?
Seems like a tweener. Definitely better than the MAC but no marquee teams that would make me want to tune in. They might get a Deion bump but how long will that last if CU has another 4 win season, Shedeur gets hurt, or after Shedeur leaves?

Seems like a tweener. Definitely better than the MAC but no marquee teams that would make me want to tune in. They might get a Deion bump but how long will that last if CU has another 4 win season, Shedeur gets hurt, or after Shedeur leaves?
When your powerhouse school is Iowa State, you are officially part of the G5.

unlike you, i suspect texas will rule the sec. maybe immediately. olympic sports will be theirs. wbb will be fun with usc,e so dominating. mbb, they'll be upper tier, albeit in a meh league which doesn't improve with the b12 additions. baseball, they just poached aTm's coach.

but it's football that's the draw, isn't it. texas will battle for league championship, without doubt. and i hope they win it for the b12 year one. ou, on the other hand, well, you know how that feels having lived it in the b10. i suspect it will be like times in norman.

unlike you, i suspect texas will rule the sec. maybe immediately. olympic sports will be theirs. wbb will be fun with usc,e so dominating. mbb, they'll be upper tier, albeit in a meh league. baseball, they just poached aTm's coach.

but it's football that's the draw. they'll battle for league championship, without doubt. and i hope they win it for the b12 year one. ou, on the other hand, well, you know how that feels having lived it in lincoln. i suspect it will be the similar times in norman.
I cannot even fathom this response. How on God’s green earth would any Big 12 fan root for Texas? This is absolutely mind boggling to me.

And it remains to be seen if Texas dominates the SEC right off the bat, but that seems pretty delusional to me.

just don’t get this post.

I cannot even fathom this response. How on God’s green earth would any Big 12 fan root for Texas? This is absolutely mind boggling to me.

And it remains to be seen if Texas dominates the SEC right off the bat, but that seems pretty delusional to me.

one doesn't have to root for texas to believe they will dominate the sec. that said, i'll root for them. i'm up to my ears and beyond with espn's league being (so-called) dominating. we'll see how they handle the horns to determine that.

one doesn't have to root for texas to believe they will dominate the sec. that said, i'll root for them. i'm up to my ears and beyond with espn's league being (so-called) dominating. we'll see how they handle the horns to determine that.
I get that you don’t have to root for them… but you have chosen to do just that. The team that, in my opinion, has as much to do with the lack of stability in the Big 12 than any other team, hands down. Or should I say horns down?

This is Stockholm syndrome at its finest. Wow.

I get that you don’t have to root for them… but you have chosen to do just that. The team that, in my opinion, has as much to do with the lack of stability in the Big 12 than any other team, hands down. Or should I say horns down?

to be clear, i won't miss texas. they are what they are though. the riches. the most gifted. that said, their fans i met in austin were always classy and welcoming. compare that to ohio state's who were complete a'holes. plus, i worked with a lot of texans during my days and appreciate their conservative views on life.

To be fair this is coming from a purple Kitty fan who lives on a Nebraska board. Nebraska is Big 10. KSU is Big 12. Weird one for sure.

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn

Just like the Big 8 teams that willingly bent over for Texass, he likes bending over. It doesn’t have to make sense.

Just like the Big 8 teams that willingly bent over for Texass, he likes bending over. It doesn’t have to make sense.
They have sucked so much burnt orange wang over the years they have a permanent orange ring around their collective mouths. And after all that bending over to the almighty masters, Texas left them to fend for themselves and scrounge for leftover table scraps in the Big 12. Sick

i'm not sure where you guys get this "bend over" nonsense. texas and k-state had some great games. the last comment from their fans i read after last year's 33-30 thriller in austin: i don't want to ever see those sons-a-bitches again. the b12 ended 11-7 texas. in mbb it ended 22-22 in conference play. in wbb, k-state led the series 34-18. so there was no 'bending over' to the horns.

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
i'm not sure where you guys get this "bend over" nonsense. texas and k-state had some great games. the last comment from their fans i read after last year's 33-30 thriller in austin: i don't want to ever see those sons-a-bitches again. the b12 ended 11-7 texas. in mbb it ended 22-22 in conference play. in wbb, k-state led the series 34-18. so there was no 'bending over' to the horns.
You're delusional. You know damn well what bend over is. You were at the front of the line! Probably went back for seconds.

oliver-twist-beg.gif

You're delusional. You know damn well what bend over is. You were at the front of the line! Probably went back for seconds.

oliver-twist-beg.gif
perhaps you should explain it to us all since the record suggests otherwise?

Last edited:
I don't think Texas is going to dominate the SEC but I do think they will be successful there.

Oklahoma, on the other hand, is going to get wiped out.

Reactions: AVeritas
unlike you, i suspect texas will rule the sec. maybe immediately. olympic sports will be theirs. wbb will be fun with usc,e so dominating. mbb, they'll be upper tier, albeit in a meh league which doesn't improve with the b12 additions. baseball, they just poached aTm's coach.

but it's football that's the draw, isn't it. texas will battle for league championship, without doubt. and i hope they win it for the b12 year one. ou, on the other hand, well, you know how that feels having lived it in the b10. i suspect it will be like times in norman.

Reactions: leodisflowers
to be clear, i won't miss texas. they are what they are though. the riches. the most gifted. that said, their fans i met in austin were always classy and welcoming. compare that to ohio state's who were complete a'holes. plus, i worked with a lot of texans during my days and appreciate their conservative views on life.
Texas fans were everything but classy in the 09 rape job in Dallas, bunch of red dirt f!cks if you ask me.

OU is 17-8 the past 25 years against Texas. I see OU to keep winning their share against the horns. OU's recruiting is every bit as good as Texas the past 4 years, and their 2025 class looks super solid so far. OU will be fine if their coaching can equal their talent.

OU is 17-8 the past 25 years against Texas. I see OU to keep winning their share against the horns. OU's recruiting is every bit as good as Texas the past 4 years, and their 2025 class looks super solid so far. OU will be fine if their coaching can equal their talent.
bob stoops is a hof coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT