ADVERTISEMENT

Official Seedings

Can't argue with the 4 teams, though I would have put Oklahoma ahead of MSU personally, it doesn't freaking matter.

Interesting match up OU-Clemson. Tigers smashed them a year ago. Venerables/Stoops match up again.

I think OU is lucky. I would not have put them in due to lack of CCG.

So you would lock the Big 12 out of the playoff due to the NCAA not allowing the Big12 to have a conference championship game? And who would you put in? Two loss Stanford? Ohio State that couldn't even make their conference title game? Oklahoma won the Big 12 outright. They are playing some of the best football right now. They deserve to be in.

Reactions: Raging_Bull
Beyond stupid to let an NCAA rule against OU playing a 13th game keep them out of the playoff. They played everyone in their conference and won it outright. No need for a conference title game unless the conference is too big to play everyone. If OU had split their conference title then you'd have a point. They didn't. You don't.

Beyond stupid to let an NCAA rule against OU playing a 13th game keep them out of the playoff. They played everyone in their conference and won it outright. No need for a conference title game unless the conference is too big to play everyone. If OU had split their conference title then you'd have a point. They didn't. You don't.
Iowa can make a bigger claim than OU can. Iowa has 12 wins. OU doesn't even have that.

+1
Some people don't understand simple math.

Having won a conference title is one of the most important factors in the selection committee's guidelines. It's in their set, written protocol for selecting teams. It's probably the most important factor. OU has one. Iowa doesn't.

Reactions: scarletred
I was hoping for a Clemson - MSU pairing, Alabama - OU pairing. I would like to see a MSU-OU championship game.

Looks like the game kick off for the early game is 3 PM on Dec 31 Central time.......I was a little surprised to see them start that early on a work day. Yes I know alot of people will be off work or out early.....but for West Coasties that is an early start

Last Saturday night was the Big 12 CCG.
No, that's just what their pathetic marketing department called it. 12 games, vs 13 for teams from power 4 conferences.

Edit: not saying Oklahoma doesn't belong in the playoffs. Just hate the big 12 claiming to have to play in a championship game when they don't.

Should have been
Clemson
MSU
Okla
Bama

Bama has Blair impressed me this year. $EC isn't as good and they haven't beaten anyone with a complete team offense and defense all year.

Will lose this year possibly in semi finals vs MSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT