ADVERTISEMENT

Official NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread

Do you have any upset picks for round 1? I like Little Rock over Purdue...

GBR

My 2 sleeper picks to make a run in the tournament play each other the first round.

No. Iowa and Texas. I will take No Iowa for the first round upset.

Crazy one. Stonybrook over Kentucky.

Michigan over whomever they play the first round.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
South Dakota State over the Terps.

Iona over Iowa State (I don't trust the Big XII anymore except KU)

Texas to the Elite 8.

High-seed-someone over really-low-seed-someone that absolutely no one saw coming.

This 2016 tourney is gonna be wild chaos. But just remember a blue blood has won it, like, 95% of the time!

South Dakota State over the Terps.

I like this pick - Maryland is talented, but seems to sleepwalk at times. I also think VCU is a good bet to beat Oregon State. But that's not so much an upset as a case of Oregon State getting inexplicably over-seeded.

I don't get the texas love. They played well for a stretch, but they really stunk it up the last few weeks.
Cal had their stud recruiter fired for sexual harassment so will be interesting to see how they respond.
Maybe another first round loss for Dook?

I didn't feel the Texas love either until I found out their huge center is back from injury..Ridley I believe is his name. Big difference maker and they have Shaka Smart. Honestly I'm just going based off of power coaching and blue bloods. I just have a hard time picking Oklahoma because they live and die by the 3.

I'm feeling Hawaii over Cal too.

I don't think Duke will lose first round, though I wish it were so. If they get past the first round, Coach K will whine to the refs enough that it gets them past Baylor and Oregon. It's all about about 6 or so blue bloods when the Elite 8 comes around, and 1 or 2 surprise teams.

Reactions: jeans15
I like this pick - Maryland is talented, but seems to sleepwalk at times. I also think VCU is a good bet to beat Oregon State. But that's not so much an upset as a case of Oregon State getting inexplicably over-seeded.

I like the Rams too in that matchup. I don't think Oregon State deserved a 7. I think the Beavers should be the 10 seed and VCU the 7 seed. I guess the committee really liked the Pac-12 this year.

Did anyone else notice one of the officials in Michigan's game last night was Kip Kissinger. I believe he played for Nebraska Wesleyan and is a Nebraska native. I'm not sure if he still lives in Nebraska or not.

-Hawai'i over Cal.
-Arkansas Little-Rock to the Sweet 16.
-Northern Iowa over Texas
-Kentucky knocks out UNC.

Kansas, Texas A&M, Xavier, Virginia final four.

If we end the first weekend without a single one of these being correct, I would not be the least big surprised.

Reactions: leodisflowers
My darkhorse is Indiana at the 5 seed...I know Crean hasn't done well as a coach in the tourney, but I really like this team and think they have the talent to make it deep into the tournament. That said, there are realistically 20-30 teams that they could get beat...

Good luck to all in their brackets:
My final four: KU, Indiana, Oklahoma, and Mich St

Congrats to Wichita State. Any team that can send a whining, screaming, petulant troll like Sean Miller home for the summer has my wholehearted support.

I see Miller actually got a technical foul tonight. Luckily it wasn't called by a PAC-12 official, or Miller would be on the phone tomorrow trying to get the guy fired.

Reactions: tpmcg
Wichita St's D is what won them the game. I believe they have the best (lowest) opponent fg% in the nation. If I'm an AZ fan I'm not happy...there's a ton of talent on that team and clearly underachieved this season.

Should be another fun day of games today. Good luck on your bracket(s)

How were Wichita and Gonzaga 11-seeds? Arizona and Seton Hall got kind of screwed on the seeding there.

Wichita lost a few games when VanVleet was injured, but with him healthy they are more of a 3 or 4 seed. Gonzaga is a Top 30 team in most rankings (KenPom, BPI, polls).

Yale was my biggest Upset pick:) Didn't see Purdue losing till the sweet 16:(.

I have Iowa as a sleeper in a lot of my pools. I think they can do some damage. I also like A&M as a sleeper.

One of my Iowa buddies that I watch Basketball games with doesn't think they will reach the sweet 16. I can see them winning today but losing to Villanova on Sunday too.

Both Wich St and Gonzaga hit rough patches during the regular season..the Zags lack quality gaurd play and Wich St had injuries. As we've seen, both are good teams and playing well now.

This weekend will be ripe for major upsets. Should be entertaining to watch.

Can easily see Wichita making it past Miami. Will be a good game tomorrow because both teams are heavy loaded with experienced players.

I will admit I really didn't watch too much NCAA basketball this year, and I only caught a little of the selection show. The part I did catch was when they announced Syracuse was in, and Doug Gottlieb we ape s#*% about them getting in. Well I see they boat raced Dayton today and looked pretty good.

Firstly it is always nice to see Gottlieb have to eat his words. Which I know won't happen because an ANALyst is never wrong, or at least they never admit to it.

Secondly, maybe because I am getting older and more cynical, but I have come to the conclusion that any half way knowledge able person off the street could be a sport analyst. I listen to these guys along all sports spew out crap like what they say is scripture, but at the end of the day it is just an opinion. I have realized this for quite some time, but as more and more sports channels are popping up the on-air talent and analyst talent is really getting watered down.

The PAC 12 continues to stink up the tournament.
PAC-12 teams can't find their butt with both hands when they are not on their home court. The road team almost never wins in that conference, unless it's a total mismatch. I was mildly surprised Arizona lost, but none of their other results surprise me. Especially Oregon State, which should have been about an #11 seed but was gifted a #7, because OMG OMG OMG - Gary Payton, Jr!

PAC-12 teams can't find their butt with both hands when they are not on their home court. The road team almost never wins in that conference, unless it's a total mismatch. I was mildly surprised Arizona lost, but none of their other results surprise me. Especially Oregon State, which should have been about an #11 seed but was gifted a #7, because OMG OMG OMG - Gary Payton, Jr!

No argument here. I live on the left coast and all we hear is how great the PAC 12 is. PAC 12 has been exposed for the fraud they are.

During the selection show, Charles Barkley was so high on the PAC 12...Arizona, Cal, USC, etc. and at that very moment I knew how much that conference (except for Oregon and Utah, top 2 teams) would lose in this tournament. Big 10 has absolutely laid an egg so far.

During the selection show, Charles Barkley was so high on the PAC 12...Arizona, Cal, USC, etc. and at that very moment I knew how much that conference (except for Oregon and Utah, top 2 teams) would lose in this tournament. Big 10 has absolutely laid an egg so far.

Barkley doesn't know crap Ola about college basketball teams..... Stick to the NBA Chucky.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Yale with a nice second-half comeback against Duke. Hope they can keep it going.

It pains me to root for Coach Scream/Harbaugh's brother-in-law, but against UK, I'll suffer. Tight game here at the end.

Do you have any upset picks for round 1? I like Little Rock over Purdue...

GBR

That one hurt one of my brackets bad. Had Purdue in the final 4. Looking back, I'm still not sure how I justified that in my mind.

ACC looking good.

PAC12 and SEC looking like trash.

Wichita St was an 11 seed because they had an unremarkable season. Some even wondered if they should have made the tournament. Utah was really their only decent non-conference win and the MVC is really weak. There is no shame in losing to N. Iowa twice, but that leaves them with only one notable conference win to go along with Utah. Their RPI was 47 so it seems about right. People think of them as better than that because they have Baker, Van Fleet, etc and know what they have done the previous seasons, but that doesn't really apply to this year, fair or not.

I know no team is immune to upsets, but Michigan St/Izzo just seemed like 'Least likely..' especially with Valentine usually being so clutch.

Ben Jacobsen could be getting a big pay offer from someone. Seconds from slaying the 2 Texas giants in 2 games.

I thought it was a 12 point lead, with 34 seconds left. How on earth does that happen???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT