ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Thread, Summer Filler...

Was it though? I was a youth in the 80's and we did not have places like Urban Air where you can bounce on amazing trampolines and climb walls and shit like that.

We did not have cool ass inflatable water slides that we could just set up in the backyard (we did have a slip and slide)

I did not have the ability to listen to any song I wanted at any second, unless I owned the tape. If not, just had to hope it came on the radio.

There was literally NOTHING to watch during the day except for soap operas.

Had almost no chance to find my friends unless I was with them first thing in the morning.

I suppose we had malls, those were kind of fun.

Anything we could do back then, kids can do today and more.
You made some great points of course. On the other hand, less can be more. Kids can pretty much watch any team pro or college play on TV that they wish, but I think I actually got more enjoyment anticipating the Saturday afternoon baseball game on NBC or the ABC Monday Night baseball game when I was a kid. We didn't have 100+ club baseball games in a summer (although I would have loved that) so we played a lot of pickup baseball games. You never see that today. And the list goes on.

But one thing I will say that I've seen this summer is a lot of kids out fishing at our local neighborhood pond. It's like stepping back in time when go there. Kids fishing, not a smart phone in sight. And there's a lot of kids out there too. Pretty cool to see.

But one thing I will say that I've seen this summer is a lot of kids out fishing at our local neighborhood pond. It's like stepping back in time when go there. Kids fishing, not a smart phone in sight. And there's a lot of kids out there too. Pretty cool to see.
My kids love fishing and I actually give a lot of credit to YouTube for that. Guys like Andrew Flair and Jon B really got them into it.

You made some great points of course. On the other hand, less can be more. Kids can pretty much watch any team pro or college play on TV that they wish, but I think I actually got more enjoyment anticipating the Saturday afternoon baseball game on NBC or the ABC Monday Night baseball game when I was a kid. We didn't have 100+ club baseball games in a summer (although I would have loved that) so we played a lot of pickup baseball games. You never see that today. And the list goes on.

I live really close to a decent sized pond and I also see kids out there all the time fishing.

Again, roundabouts.

-1x-1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT