ADVERTISEMENT

off topic thread, least favorite part of thanksgiving...

Jaemekon

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
what is your favorite and least favorite part of thanksgiving?

favorite part, no school for a couple of days. least favorite part, thanksgiving food, not a big fan of the thanksgiving spread. I'd rather just eat some tacos or something.

least favorite part, thanksgiving food, not a big fan of the thanksgiving spread. I'd rather just eat some tacos or something.
This. Not a huge fan of the food served, the whole day revolves around food that I typically don't eat the other 364 days of the year (for a reason).

• Love
Reactions: Jaemekon
Been in siesta key for nearly two weeks. It’s odd that I want to come home. But it’s tradition.

Least favorite part: that it takes a holiday to be reminded to be thankful.

As I’ve grown as a person I have to constantly remind myself that I’m blessed. Trust me, I’m not perfect by any means but I’m blessed beyond belief just to be who I am

The two hours of talking after you eat when it's nap time. Learn how to sleep with your eyes open.

Favorite - food and football
Least - in-laws that drink all your bourbon. Ask for Blanton’s, then add ginger ale 😒
I have a brother in law and dude loves expensive booze. We will be at his place, usually for Xmas, and he is like "Hey, do you want a drink?" of course I do, so he will pour me a glass that is basically like 4 drinks at once, of his expensive stuff. And if I don't finish it fast enough he looks at me like he is upset with me! Haha

favorite part, no school for a couple of days. least favorite part, thanksgiving food, not a big fan of the thanksgiving spread. I'd rather just eat some tacos or something.
One year, maybe like 10 years ago, I had a roommate. Wednesday I ran out and grabbed some Papa Murps take and bake pizza. On Thanksgiving Day we cooked those up, drank beer and Wild Turkey, watched FB all day and just shot the shit.

It was just a total chill day doing exatly what WE wanted to do. No stupid traveling, no having other people over, no big clean up. It was fantastic.

Been in siesta key for nearly two weeks. It’s odd that I want to come home. But it’s tradition.

Least favorite part: that it takes a holiday to be reminded to be thankful.

As I’ve grown as a person I have to constantly remind myself that I’m blessed. Trust me, I’m not perfect by any means but I’m blessed beyond belief just to be who I am
You poor thing.

Reactions: c3o
for some reason got up and did the the goose step across the floor while doing nazi salute with one arm and faking a hitler stache with the other. broke us all up in histerical laughter. cant ever remember laughing so hard at something so bad

• Love
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
It’s the perfect holiday. Family, food, sports. It also brings the very worst type of humans out from the rocks they live under when they spew their hate against Thanksgiving. F*ck those ppl.

Happy Day After. Getting leftovers ready for the game. At least we can officially start the offseason today, amirite? It’s officially the most exciting part of Nebraska’s season…

One of the best days of the year, easily. And one of the best holidays because you can let it end without too much regret, knowing Christmas break is right around the corner.

Worst part is probably being comatose after too many rolls and too much stuffing. But even that leads to one of the best parts: waking up a few hours later and going right at those leftovers.

It was a lot of hard work this year. I am the cook. My wife did a great job getting the table ready. I wet brined an eighteen-pound turkey for 2 days. I started cooking on Tuesday. I had turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, dressing, Greek green beans (Fresh beans cooked with onion, garlic, a little tomato and olive oil), fresh cranberries and French Silk Chocolate pie. We had 4 old orphans like me for dinner. My wife's mom is very much alive and my wife is not 60 yet, she does not meet the criteria. I had one neighbor make her really good dinner rolls, our neighbor (and his out-of -town sister) and my fishing buddy made really good appetizers and one of my wife's guitar lessons friends who I don't know I was very specific and ask her to bring a Costco pumpkin pie. Oh, yea the best part. I made fireball and vodka pumpkin pudding shots. All the cooking is easy. The constantly cleaning while cooking gets old real fast. It was a beautiful day here and I did manage to get out for a little more than an hour with my bird dog. We got into a huge covey of quail.

The non spoken "free" day you get on Friday. Lets just be real and start appointing and naming any day after a holiday that ends on a weekday. National day after Thanksgiving day, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT