ADVERTISEMENT

Odds the season isn't cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it’s a matter of time before this thread is locked. I don’t get it, don’t get it at all. We sports related threads and they get ignored or barely any responses and then we get a thread like this and it gets nothing but back and forth crap.
you are correct. I believe people are tired of all that is going on, and the fear that there might not be any sports for a long time.

Reactions: huskerssalts
D2 school has cancelled their season, PGA tour has a small amount of players and caddies dropping out.

I think chances are pretty low of anything resembling a normal season happening at this point. I still think travel restrictions will be the real nail in the coffin, sending 100+ players/coaches/support staff to cities week after week for games just seems highly unlikely.

If they worked on a central location like the other US sports it could be possible, but unlikely. Football will be the hardest just because of the sheer volume of participants.
Maybe we’ll have to settle for intramural football this year.

Well, it’s a matter of time before this thread is locked. I don’t get it, don’t get it at all. We sports related threads and they get ignored or barely any responses and then we get a thread like this and it gets nothing but back and forth crap.

You don't think a respectful discussion about whether or how sports will be conducted in the midst of a pandemic qualifies as a sports-related thread?

I’m calling it now, this thread will have a lock on it by the end of the day...worst case end of the weekend. ;)
yea you're right. this entire board should be locked and only open for 5 minutes after a recruit announces his decision to come to NU or during the actual season.

otherwise how could we be sure someone's delicate sensibilities aren't imposed upon?

yea you're right. this entire board should be locked and only open for 5 minutes after a recruit announces his decision to come to NU or during the actual season.

otherwise how could we be sure someone's delicate sensibilities aren't imposed upon?

I actually get it, this Huskers recruiting message board has taken a hard turn to political views and medical issues and a number of mods have been locking more threads now then ever before. We even had rrthusker beg everyone from the very beginning on page 1. The mods have asked, they have begged and we just keep on keeping on....and this thread, from a simple “odds of the season isn’t canceled or not” has taken a hard turn.

I gave my opinion page 1 I believe and moved on...now I see this thread still going and 4-5 pages long and seeing what’s being posted now and it’s like wow guys....is it that hard?

Reactions: scarletred
what gets things shut down is hospitalizations and deaths going up

if society really wanted to favor the economy, then impose restrictions on who gets hospitalized - who gets ICU beds, etc

certain age with x y or z comorbidities and you get compassionate palliative care centered around comfort

people want freedom on the front end to act in any manner they choose but also want freedom to demand any degree of health care for themselves or their loved ones if they get sick - unfortunately having both those things doesn't necessarily work in the midst of a pandemic

I actually get it, this Huskers recruiting message board has taken a hard turn to political views and medical issues and a number of mods have been locking more threads now then ever before. We even had rrthusker beg everyone from the very beginning on page 1. The mods have asked, they have begged and we just keep on keeping on....and this thread, from a simple “odds of the season isn’t canceled or not” has taken a hard turn.

I gave my opinion page 1 I believe and moved on...now I see this thread still going and 4-5 pages long and seeing what’s being posted now and it’s like wow guys....is it that hard?
what do you care if posters expand on the topic?

I don't see anyone getting offended by what's gone on here, nor do I really see anything political.

of course medical/political issues are topics being posted on the husker recruiting board. medical experts and politicians literally will decide whether we have a season or not, what recruiting looks like and how schools like NU will proceed with sports moving forward.

those factors are the only things that drive the 'odds the season is cancelled'.

I don't see anyone getting offended by what's gone on here, nor do I really see anything political.

of course medical/political issues are topics being posted on the husker recruiting board. medical experts and politicians literally will decide whether we have a season or not, what recruiting looks like and how schools like NU will proceed with sports moving forward.

don't like it? don't click.

myself, I don’t. But I’m making another prediction and i am predicting this thread to be locked like all others before it...that’s all. Processed brotha...no reason to take offense if you are doing nothing wrong. GBR

those factors are the only things that drive the 'odds the season is cancelled'.

What does wearing masks or not wearing masks in North Carolina have to do with “ will we have a football season” your post in my opinion is derailing this thread..

What does wearing masks or not wearing masks in North Carolina have to do with “ will we have a football season” your post in my opinion is derailing this thread..
200.gif

outlawing masks could potentially increase infections and decrease the likelihood of a season, or at least one with fans in attendance

DUH

not to mention nobody responded to the post or mentioned it until you did. your insistence on derailing this thread is derailing this thread

200.gif

outlawing masks could potentially increase infections and decrease the likelihood of a season, or at least one with fans in attendance

DUH

not to mention nobody responded to the post or mentioned it until you did. your insistence on derailing this thread is derailing this thread

What’s wrong Top Gun getting your feeling hurt because two of us disagree with.Laughing
Typical millennial..

Reactions: Baxter48
200.gif

DUH

come on bro, you are better then this. You and I normally see eye to eye on most Husker stuff. This time, on most of these threads getting locked some of you guys are taking things to far, it’s why they get locked.

I noticed that too...I went back and looked at all recent locked threads and it is the same few people in every single thread that gets locked and imagine that...it’s the same few now.

this is a free web site - I suspect part of the reason it is viable as a free service is traffic and clicks
I profess I don't know if this is the case - would love to hear if my assumption above is correct

anyway, it doesn't appear the "2020 walk-on tracker" and like threads are paying the bills at present

this is a free web site - I suspect part of the reason it is viable as a free service is traffic and clicks
I profess I don't know if this is the case - would love to hear if my assumption above is correct

anyway, it doesn't appear the "2020 walk-on tracker" and like threads are paying the bills at present

none of these are “paying the bills”
my man, like I said in the other thread, you are in on every thread that’s been locked as of late. If you are doing nothing wrong, then why are all those threads getting locked? Seems the mods don’t see it your way my man...

Reactions: scarletred
What’s wrong Top Gun getting your feeling hurt because two of us disagree with.Laughing
Typical millennial..
you don't disagree, you're crying into your fiber-Os about people carrying on a discussion you're not interested in

you don't like it or want to participate? plenty of other threads

Reactions: JoelBittner
come on bro, you are better then this. You and I normally see eye to eye on most Husker stuff. This time, on most of these threads getting locked some of you guys are taking things to far, it’s why they get locked.
why do you care? I thought you gave your opinion and 'moved on'.

why do you care? I thought you gave your opinion and 'moved on'.

that’s good way to cherry pick my post. That’s what i originally did. Then I said I seen this thread is still going and 4-5 pages along and jumped in to give another prediction about it getting locked. I have been right about the other 4-5 threads that have been locked. Seeing if I can get another one right ;)

that’s good way to cherry pick my post. That’s what i originally did. Then I said I seen this thread is still going and 4-5 pages along and jumped in to give another prediction about it getting locked. I have been right about the other 4-5 threads that have been locked. Seeing if I can get another one right ;)
thank you for your valuable input.

none of these are “paying the bills”
my man, like I said in the other thread, you are in on every thread that’s been locked as of late. If you are doing nothing wrong, then why are all those threads getting locked? Seems the mods don’t see it your way my man...

the mods will give me a vacation if needed, heck I might deserve one
I'm sure they are appreciative of the assistance policing the board

MV5BMTYzNjQyOTU4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTg5MTAxNTE@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
you don't disagree, you're crying into your fiber-Os about people carrying on a discussion you're not interested in

you don't like it or want to participate? plenty of other threads

Same discussion different thread that I had posted about Fauci saying No Football this Fall..

So don’t tell me I’m not interested because that thread was locked too with the same drivel..

No problem brotha...we will see if I’m right about this thread too. Just be careful bro, you already had TopGun banned, you don’t need another name banned. We actually have some good football chats...GBR

Lordy, I’m not trying to get him banned.. In fact I pleaded to get his original name back;)..

And he isn’t the only culprit in these derailing of threads..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
No problem brotha...we will see if I’m right about this thread too. Just be careful bro, you already had TopGun banned, you don’t need another name banned. We actually have some good football chats...GBR
lol

I appreciate your concern :rolleyes:

with positive cases on the rise and panties bunching uncontrollably, college football is focusing on the real issues (while nearly every team has reported for duty and are preparing for mini-camp):
wow... unreal

covid is not a real issue, but college football is somehow focusing on 'real issues'? like the name of a rivalry.. oh dear.

not your best day I guess.

there was no 'joke' there dude.. but, I'm happy to watch your meltdown.. you deserve it this time.
there wasn't? weird, I could've sworn I knew the intention of my own post.

guess I was wrong. thank you for pointing it out, nikki. you remain the hero on this board absolutely nobody asked for.

and deserve what, exactly? to have a meltdown? your drivel was poorly worded.

Reactions: JoelBittner
there wasn't? weird, I could've sworn I knew the intention of my own post.

guess I was wrong. thank you for pointing it out, nikki. you remain the hero on this board absolutely nobody asked for.
aww John.. I know you wanna be like me, and it's flattering, but there is only 1 original. Don't aspire to be a cheap Chinese knockoff.. you can do so much more.. don't throw your life away like this buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT