ADVERTISEMENT

NW Holding

Let me ask you this....."Was a holding penalty called on a passing play against a Nebraska conference opponent during the time frame in question?"
Now you’ve got me. Was waiting for it. Yes, a flag was thrown. Good detective work. But still, the graphic is only pointing to called and accepted penalties.

Still, to your point, the flag was thrown. Thanks for spending so much of your morning at the office playing detective on a husker message board.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Nah. It’s implied. People actually need to use a little bit of critical thinking to understand the graphic.

Good luck with that.

Reactions: headcard
Now you’ve got me. Was waiting for it. Yes, a flag was thrown. Good detective work. But still, the graphic is only pointing to called and accepted penalties.

Still, to your point, the flag was thrown. Thanks for spending so much of your morning at the office playing detective on a husker message board.

"Office"
a947e368eda5ee85f5f2070cb2650524.jpg

Offices are for schmucks who can't be relied upon to do their work without supervision.

I'm currently sitting on the back deck while reading about a delusional fan base come up with preemptive excuses in case their beloved Huskers lose to the Wildcats this weekend.

The program has fallen a long ways in the last 20 years, and at some point you guys need to face the facts.

Tom Osborne ain't walking through that door.
Tommy Frazier ain't walking through that door.
Lawrence Phillips ain't breaking down that door and then assaulting a woman.

Offices are for schmucks who can't be relied upon to do their work without supervision.

I'm currently sitting on the back deck while reading about a delusional fan base come up with preemptive excuses in case their beloved Huskers lose to the Wildcats this weekend.

The program has fallen a long ways in the last 20 years, and at some point you guys need to face the facts.

Hmmmmmmm... pretty sure a little while ago you were working. Now it’s on a deck. Forgive me for not believing the message board troll.

Hmmmmmmm... pretty sure a little while ago you were working. Now it’s on a deck. Forgive me for not believing the message board troll.

Yes, I have something called WiFi. It allows me to take my laptop to various places and still work.

I know your headset keeps you tethered to your desk while you try to explain cable charges to your customers, but someday maybe you can move up in the world.

Lol means he doesn’t work at Walmart like yourself, means he’s high enough at his company that he gets to work from home, hard for you to comprehend I guess...

Yes, I have something called WiFi. It allows me to take my laptop to various places and still work.

I know your headset keeps you tethered to your desk while you try to explain cable charges to your customers, but someday maybe you can move up in the world.
Lol! That’s some high quality trolling now! You can claim to be highbrow and better than the rest, and yet you are on an opposing fan’s message board constantly waiting for the next response.

Actions speak louder than words, and your actions and strong desire to post right away speaks volumes.

Lol means he doesn’t work at Walmart like yourself, means he’s high enough at his company that he gets to work from home, hard for you to comprehend I guess...
Wow. Someone else with nothing better to do but pretend they are something behind a keyboard on an opposing fan base’s message board. Super impressed with your effort here. Walmart, huh? At least our guy posted a pic, something you probably don’t even know how to do...

Wow. Someone else with nothing better to do but pretend they are something behind a keyboard on an opposing fan base’s message board. Super impressed with your effort here. Walmart, huh? At least our guy posted a pic, something you probably don’t even know how to do...

Posting pics is easy....do you post videos, too?

Or do you just let your running backs distribute those?

Posting pics is easy....do you post videos, too?

Or do you just let your running backs distribute those?
Gotta admit, you are upping your game. Would be nice to know who you are a fan of so that we could reciprocate, but alas, that likely won’t happen. Well played, way to pick the low-hanging fruit.

I must have missed where the graphic said only accepted penalties. The graphic says "called" and is flat out wrong. It's really that simple. You want it to be right, but it is not.

Frazier and Osborne walk through the door all the time. But thanks for your input. Now back to the register.

I must have missed where the graphic said only accepted penalties. The graphic says "called" and is flat out wrong. It's really that simple. You want it to be right, but it is not.
It really is simple... I’m not trying to make it something it’s not. The graphic exists. How do you explain it? They obviously are talking about accepted penalties called against the other team. It takes someone to actually use their brain to try to understand what is being said. It’s called critical thinking. You have to make an inference. Do you know what that is? I have explained this like 4 times in this thread, but still posters such as yourself can’t utilize the critical thinking required to understand the graphic. The Iowa screen name tells me all I need to know, so I am trying to show grace to you in this.

The level of obsession required to make new profiles and screen names, just to troll in threads like this one is truly creepy.

Reactions: SkerInCo
It really is simple... I’m not trying to make it something it’s not. The graphic exists. How do you explain it? They obviously are talking about accepted penalties called against the other team. It takes someone to actually use their brain to try to understand what is being said. It’s called critical thinking. You have to make an inference. Do you know what that is? I have explained this like 4 times in this thread, but still posters such as yourself can’t utilize the critical thinking required to understand the graphic. The Iowa screen name tells me all I need to know, so I am trying to show grace to you in this.

Condescension is unbecoming, but if it makes you feel smart, carry on. What would be the point of limiting it to accepted penalties? If you're making a comment about teams not being penalized for holding against Nebraska, limiting to ones Nebraska chose to accept is pretty damn stupid. Limiting to accepted penalties is of no value. For you to use it in support of the idea that officiating is biased is equally stupid. But again, if it makes you feel better, carry on.

Condescension is unbecoming, but if it makes you feel smart, carry on. What would be the point of limiting it to accepted penalties? If you're making a comment about teams not being penalized for holding against Nebraska, limiting to ones Nebraska chose to accept is pretty damn stupid. Limiting to accepted penalties is of no value. For you to use it in support of the idea that officiating is biased is equally stupid. But again, if it makes you feel better, carry on.
No condescension here then, even though it is a message board and you’re miffed that it happens, which I think is hilarious that your miffed...

Now you are an idiot and a troll who hasn’t read this thread in its entirety. I have said REPEATEDLY that this graphic doesn’t amount to bias. All I am trying to do is make sense of the graphic. Why post it? Is it a mistake? Could be. But what if they intended to say that it had been 21 conference games since a holding penalty benefited nebraska? It’s plausible, and quite frankly, the only explanation that makes sense. How does the BTN whiff so badly if they intended it to be any other way?

FTR, again, I AM NOT CLAIMING BIAS.

Understand?

We didn’t make up the stat and it’s still very telling. Carry on with the obsession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT