ADVERTISEMENT

NW Holding

These trolls are coming out of the wood work like freaking cockroaches. Agree these people just need to go away
Good news/bad news scenario... bad news is that they're here. Good news is they are primarily relegated to this thread.

Hoping it doesn’t spread.

Good news/bad news scenario... bad news is that they're here. Good news is they are primarily relegated to this thread.

Hoping it doesn’t spread.
I guess I don't mind because I sort of get it. Message boards are for fun and dicking around and face it, Iowa boards (I imagine) are probably lame and boring,

Reactions: timnsun
You are the only one confused. To go along with ignorant and obsessed.
Not really. Follow the thread all the way through, and you'll see the he/she is right.

Someone even claimed that Chryst has made holding a big part of his game plan. Kind of an interesting comment that someone would claim that Wisconsin makes holding on pass plays a big part of their game plan when their bread and butter is grind it on the ground, smash-mouth football.

To me, the BTN messed up. They may have meant accepted penalties, but to me, a "called" penalty is an official observing a rules infraction, throwing the flag, and announcing the penalty has having been called. The only ones responsible as to whether or not it was accepted would be, in this instance, Nebraska, so you can't put that on the officials, the Big 10, etc.----unless you really think that the officials decide "hey, I'll go ahead and flag so and so for such and such, because Nebraska will likely decline it."

Not really. Follow the thread all the way through, and you'll see the he/she is right.

Someone even claimed that Chryst has made holding a big part of his game plan. Kind of an interesting comment that someone would claim that Wisconsin makes holding on pass plays a big part of their game plan when their bread and butter is grind it on the ground, smash-mouth football.

To me, the BTN messed up. They may have meant accepted penalties, but to me, a "called" penalty is an official observing a rules infraction, throwing the flag, and announcing the penalty has having been called. The only ones responsible as to whether or not it was accepted would be, in this instance, Nebraska, so you can't put that on the officials, the Big 10, etc.----unless you really think that the officials decide "hey, I'll go ahead and flag so and so for such and such, because Nebraska will likely decline it."
No. This person, like you, is so completely obsessed with another school that they are living on another teams message board grasping at straws trying to make a point (unsuccessfully) and be part of a conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with them. It is sad.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Cmon zebras! Where the hell us the false start on NW LT right there man! Blatant false start not called!!!

I think every conference has a team or two that is irrelevant. The bad calls are going to fall on us until we prove we are big 10 worthy

I'm not going to complain, but there was video shot today showing NW blatantly holding our D.

That is all.

The rationale is what we see and feel and what we were told before we even came to the conference. We watch, see photos of and talk about blatant holds, etc that aren't called on our opponents, and at the end of the day penalties are something like 9 to 1. We have tried to explain why and show some stats to back it up. You don't have to agree.

As to why, who knows. There may not be a why, it could just be a coincidence, like you believe. I believe it is because of the culture of the conference, the Big Ten is a good ole boys club. We are not a respected member and aren't treated as such. Many PSU fans still feel the same way. We could all be wrong, but that is my theory. No matter what the troll earlier in the thread tells you, we did not have this problem in the Big 8 or the Big 12 (minus the last year, which is pretty understandable, all things considered).
Has anyone ever considered that maybe God just hates Nebraska and is using the Big 10 officiating crews as his tool of divine justice?

So basically you're saying that a Husker fan has to believe that they're always getting screwed by officials.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that Nebraska went 2 seasons without an opponent being called for holding. Throwing the BS flag on Matt Davison.

Are you one of those fans that think the Huskers would be 22x defending national champions if it weren't for the officials?

Yeah....Huskers fans complained about Big 8 officiating, Big 12 officiating, and now B1G officiating.

Tell us...why would officials be biased against a team that hasn't done anything in over 20 years?
Shows what you don't know. You can pick up your BS flag that you threw in for a challenge. You would be wrong.

In the 13 months since you guys made these posts Nebraska has won ONE game.

13 months. One victory.

LMAO.
Serious question. What's your life like in person? It has to be pathetic, digging up 1 year old threads. About a game. Played by 19 year olds. Hilarious that it plays such a big part in your life. I wish i could meet you in real life, i would laugh so hard at you.

I intend to watch those SOB zebras this Saturday and how many times they miss or flat out DO NOT throw a flag when NW Holds the $#%+ outta our LBs and DL! The past few years have been an absolute joke. F the BIG ten zebras and their stuck up agenda!
Welp... it’s been a year and still zero holding penalties on Husker opponents. What is going on!!!! Illinois, Iowa, and NW again held the hell outta our guys and no calls for Big ten refs man! This aggression will not stand man!

So basically you're saying that a Husker fan has to believe that they're always getting screwed by officials.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that Nebraska went 2 seasons without an opponent being called for holding. Throwing the BS flag on Matt Davison.

Are you one of those fans that think the Huskers would be 22x defending national champions if it weren't for the officials?

Yeah....Huskers fans complained about Big 8 officiating, Big 12 officiating, and now B1G officiating.

Tell us...why would officials be biased against a team that hasn't done anything in over 20 years?

Why come here and act like a dick? Do you have proof of the Big 8 or does it just makes it sound better to you? Seems like you like to throw a lot of thing out there with exaggerated number looking for something that might stick. What's up in Iowa that makes you all so arrogant? You all are so quick to point out every little thing going on at other schools but yet ignore the crap at your own. Go back to your own home and shit on your own carpet.

Welp... it’s been a year and still zero holding penalties on Husker opponents. What is going on!!!! Illinois, Iowa, and NW again held the hell outta our guys and no calls for Big ten refs man! This aggression will not stand man!
Our guys put absolutely no pressure on the offensive line explains most of it. When Ty Robinson gets driven back 5 yards every play, there's no reason for the other team to ever hold.

ADVERTISEMENT