ADVERTISEMENT

NU's fumbled the bag on NIL

More like the other way around if anyone follows the history..

You have the biggest hard on for me for the exception of Frost and Davidson..

Everyone is seeing it.

I’m sorry you lost your safe space, snowflake. You’ve been having a tough time since you didn’t get to bang Scotty poo. Keep hitting that report button!

Would you two just fvck and get it over with.

Kids like having a shiny locker room but you ask most 21-18 year olds, they’d rather have $35k in their pocket then a flashy screen in their locker

Most of them want both and there are a lot of programs that provide both.

If you know Matt Davison, you would realize that Matt has the personality to be an excellent fund raiser and salesman. The potential is still there. I say give him a chance.
Yeah, no. The only people that would buddy-buddy with that fake-ass weasel are the ones living off Mommy and Daddy’s success. Self made, successful people wouldn’t be caught dead around such a leech.

Buffett became rich because he was smart with his money. Squandering multi-millions on deals for players is not a smart monetary investment.
I agree. Plus I'm sure he's been approached thousands of times about donating to all kinds of causes. I doubt that the cause of paying college kids to play football is very high on the list.

Buffet loves Husker football but won’t spend a dime on it. However, people in charge need to think creatively. Who does business with Hathaway? Basically everyone. Get them so spend money on local commercials with football Husker players to catch his attention. You dam well know Buffet has all of the cable news and market channels going all day in his office. Putting a Husker kid in local commercials on these channels might get him to look up from his desk and pay attention. Advertising is for a target market. Sometime that target can be a lot of people or a select group. The outside sources that want Buffers attention and use for Husker players to help catch that attention is endless and much cheaper then most people are willing to spend
Buffet is a brilliant guy who supports other Nebraska things that need more support than our football team. Cancer research/treatment facilities etc.

Not sure why I never made the connection before (others have probably said it already), but a huge NIL advantage for Nebraska is to make it easier for top recruits to be able to count on having the ability/potential to fly their families in for games. That breaks down one of the significant barriers to having a wider geographical footprint.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm sure he'll use it when appropriate but I see Rhule wanting to rely less on NIL as a way to close the deal than some other schools. He seems to prioritize players who aren't in it just for the money. He seems to have no problem rewarding them financially but he's probably also not interested in the money grabbers just looking for the highest bid.

But who knows, we'll see how that shakes out.
Most kids who want to work and grind will be less likely to want the cameras and accolades. The moral character of the athlete will dictate how they perceive NIL. If $$$ is more of a driving force than work, do you really want thrm on the roster and be a potential cancer in the locker room? #3 is an example this.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT