ADVERTISEMENT

NU-Indiana will be the Big noon game 10-7 PC Notes

Wake Up Coffee GIF by Good Morning GIFs
A nice sleepy crowd ?

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz

Matt Rhule off-week presser #Huskers-Did a normal Monday. Will practice Tuesday through Thursday then be off through Sunday.-Happy with the turnover margin.*a couple of false starts on this presser because of reporters' phones falling lol*-Being a physical team is a work in progress-Against Illinois, got caught looking at the scoreboard instead of just playing-Culture of execution, in terms of penalties, would like to see improve. Especially pre-snap penalties and personal fouls and such. Drawing a lot of penalties too.-Special teams is a tale of two things: punts landing inside the 10, fake a punt, stop a fake...but giving up blocked kicks and punts.-Run game offensively "is not where it needs to be"-A lot of things to work on. Doing a good job self-scouting right now.-Riley Van Poppel played on Saturday, something that was planned ahead of time.-Some potential redshirt guys have played 2 or 3 games already.-James Williams impacted the game against Rutgers after the tough decision to redshirt last year.-Dylan Raiola "has been great". Has had some wow moments.-Was hard to get into a rhythm offensively with starting field position in the second half, though that's not an excuse.-Not just a "do your job guy". "Do your job AND go make a play".-Guys on offense need to do better at not getting tackled.-"Those 12 yards runs have to start being 50 yard runs"-Ceyair Wright "has done an excellent job"-Goal line stand was "good calls by Tony (White) with great plays by players"-Not sure of the rotation for DBs if/when Tommi Hill is good to return.-Isaac Gifford blocked the wrong guy on the first blocked punt.-Personal protector missed a block on the second blocked punt.-Wishes he would have done the fake punt earlier.-One of the best things Rhule has ever seen is Brian Buschini struggling through pain but getting throws in during halftime in advance of the fake punt.-"That last punt was as big a play as I've been a part of"-Fake punt was a call and not a decision by the punt team in the moment.-Tristan Alvano is beginning the phase of testing where he's at for health and returning.-Blye Hill is set to play four of the final six games to hold onto his redshirt. A good backup if Tommi can't go and Ceyair would be out.-Heinrich Haarberg needs to play more.-The challenge in getting Haarberg in more and getting him the ball is having so many talented players on offense.-Not surprised by the 6-0 start for Indiana.-Brought over a lot of guys who know how to win with new coaching staff. Already had some good players there.-"You would have never though Alabama would have lost to Vandy"-The transfer portal has changed the game on who can have success.-Great teams of the 90s and 2000s were stacked with talent. That talent is being spread out a little more with the portal and NIL.-No one has talked with Rhule about wanting to redshirt and hit the portal.-Ty Robinson is a force this year because of his development. Allows him to be out there for multiple different packages.-"I still wake up at night upset we lost to Illinois"-Proud of the work and growth by the team through the first half of the season.-Rare for Rhule to have the team with two tackling days during the week, something they did last week ahead of Rutgers.-James Williams can be anyone he wants to be.-"My kids love him; my dogs love him"-Terrance Knighton has done a good job of building a room of comradery.-Won't do much recruiting during the off week. Going to do more on the second off week.-"I'm a button pusher, no doubt."-Unbelievably physical in the spring and training camp and then aprehension in season about player load.-"In order to play great defense you have to practice great defense."-Not allowed to quit. You can lose, don't want to lose, but people aren't paying to watch the team lie down.-No thinking with pregame physicality drills. Just about coming together and celebrating the team being physical.-Happy for Micah Mazzccua getting in and playing well. Can be whatever he wants to be but has to stay focused day by day.

I think one of the coolest parts of coaching at that level would be hitting up the "free gear" room.
I don't even like a lot of the NU gear but to be able to just grab what you want when you want, that would be awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT