ADVERTISEMENT

Midway Point: What will be Nebraska’s final regular season record be?

What will be Nebraska’s final regular season record be?

• 5-7

• 6-6

• 7-5

• 8-4

• 9-3

• 10-2

• 11-1

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think 7 wins is likely, IMO.

Earlier in the year, everyone said Illinois sucks, Rutgers sucks, etc and now they are decent after we beat them?
I watch a lot of football and we are not a good team loaded with good players. We don’t execute well most of the time on offense.
The offensive scheme sucks, though it is better than last year.

We could win 8, but my thought is we are more likely to win against UCLA and one of Indiana/Iowa/Wisky
USC and tOSU are still sure losses IMO

I am pleased with progress, but it is Crystal clear that Satt is sub par and Foley is a fvcking joke
Not ready yet to put the ‘L’ out there for the USC game. How motivated will USC be as I see them no better than .500 over the next 4. Also would not surprise me that a key skill player or two shuts it down if they are no better than 5-4 before they welcome us.

I actually think we win in 2 weeks. Dylan had an off day (yesterday), the O-Line needs repair. I'm very ecstatic w/ the BLACKSHIRTS. White has done a tremendous job. We actually know that he turned at least 1 HC jobs to stay here. That tells me alot.
Part of DR problem yesterday was they had a different defense than what they prepared for. There was some parts they expected but not everything. This was according to Rhule. A true freshman will struggle with this

I said 8-4. I think we win 3 of 4 against IU, UCLA, Wisconsin, and Iowa.

If Minnesota can beat USC, I’m not ruling out NU going out there and winning.

Not ready yet to put the ‘L’ out there for the USC game. How motivated will USC be as I see them no better than .500 over the next 4. Also would not surprise me that a key skill player or two shuts it down if they are no better than 5-4 before they welcome us.
I am still not sold on Lincoln Riley. He left for the PAC 12 because it was an easy conference to win in... NOT. He is in over his head in the B1G.

I mean, The huskers suck too. The reason these crappy teams have been getting wins vs NU is not because they are good teams it has been because NU has been lame.
One of two things can be true about the B1G.

1) It is not as crappy as you and others say it is. Or,
2) Penn State, Nebraska, USC, UCLA and Washington are just as crappy as everyone else in the league not named OSU.

The fact is, every team that has joined the conference in the modern era has struggled. And each thought they were going to make the B1G “adjust to them.” Maybe they will in time. But it hasn’t been the case yet.

The jury is still out on Oregon.

I mean, The huskers suck too. The reason these crappy teams have been getting wins vs NU is not because they are good teams it has been because NU has been lame.
That’s exactly right. It’s been hard to take all the losses we have because Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa, Minnesota etc are not good programs. Yet for several years we were our own worst enemy and repeatedly lost to them. I’m hopeful we’ve stopped the part of being our own worst enemy and start to beat those guys all the time.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
One of two things can be true about the B1G.

1) It is not as crappy as you and others say it is. Or,
2) Penn State, Nebraska, USC, UCLA and Washington are just as crappy as everyone else in the league not named OSU.

The fact is, every team that has joined the conference in the modern era has struggled. And each thought they were going to make the B1G “adjust to them.” Maybe they will in time. But it hasn’t been the case yet.

The jury is still out on Oregon.
I think the new teams turn into the programs they keep company with. We’ve become just like all the teams not named Michigan or Ohio State or Penn State. Though I hope we are at a place where we can separate from the homogenous bottom 2/3 of the conference and routinely finish top 5

I think 7 wins is likely, IMO.

Earlier in the year, everyone said Illinois sucks, Rutgers sucks, etc and now they are decent after we beat them?
I watch a lot of football and we are not a good team loaded with good players. We don’t execute well most of the time on offense.
The offensive scheme sucks, though it is better than last year.

We could win 8, but my thought is we are more likely to win against UCLA and one of Indiana/Iowa/Wisky
USC and tOSU are still sure losses IMO

I am pleased with progress, but it is Crystal clear that Satt is sub par and Foley is a fvcking joke

There is definitely some truth in here. I'm not ready to say Sat is sub par YET but so far I'll say he's been average at best AND like I said when he was hired we could have done better. Until I see more I'll stand by that .

No arguments whatsoever on your Foley thoughts. He's stealing and should show up with a ski mask and a pistol to pick up his checks lol

Holla

• Haha
Reactions: GaRed
All the games outside of Ohio State we have a chance but special teams is going to cost us a few games. Also if our offense only appears for one half, we could lose another one so I chose 8-4.

9-3

...and Rhule will have his pick of good OC's who should, I'd think, want to hitch their wagon to DR for next season. Probs is 9-3 makes it somewhat hard(er) to can Satt...but it needs to happen or there will be zero improvement on offense next year and we'll be in the exact same boat.

I was @7.5 preseason and still there. Voted 7-5 with guessing losses to Indiana/Ohio/USC/and 1 of Wisky or Iowa. Hope they can win 2 of the IU/UW/UI trio for 8-4

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Man, the season is already half way done. Amazing how fast it goes.
Amazing how good, yet how bad the defense can look from game to game regardless of opponent.

Amazing to see how sharp the offense was against Colorado and yet how flat they've played most of the other time.

The team is a real enigma, never for sure what we're gonna see on game day other than the one constant and that is piss poor ST play.

I see 2 keys to staying on track to have a winning season:

1) Can't have any more games where we are good in only one aspect and bad in the other two (offense, defense and special teams)

2) Have to continue to win the turnover margin battle. If we have to continue to rely on the defense to carry the team with a shaky/inconsistent offense and terrible special teams, and turnovers start rearing their head again, we may be hard pressed to win another game.

Lot of optimism, I just don’t see it. They’ll beat UCLA and that’s about all I see. Until they can beat Wisconsin I don’t know how you can pick a W in that game. They rarely beat Iowa. Buckeyes and Trojans are L’s. 6-6 final record

Amazing how good, yet how bad the defense can look from game to game regardless of opponent.

Amazing to see how sharp the offense was against Colorado and yet how flat they've played most of the other time.

The team is a real enigma, never for sure what we're gonna see on game day other than the one constant and that is piss poor ST play.
They kind of blew their load during the first half of Colorado. If they can keep that intensity for all 4 quarters rest of the way they can beat every team on their schedule outside of osu.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
They kind of blew their load during the first half of Colorado. If they can keep that intensity for all 4 quarters rest of the way they can beat every team on their schedule outside of osu.
The thing is, OSU and Oregon play Saturday and I hope, and think they will win. We don't want to catch OSU in Columbus coming off a loss and a bye week cause we will really catch a top effort from them.

Now, if they beat Oregon, I think they could overlook NU and we could sneak up on them and make things interesting for awhile. It that were the case, it could prove to be a fantastic confidence builder for NU down the stretch.

Not a fan of OSU, but it is in our best interest, I think, for them to get out of Eugene with a win. I expect a 24-14 type game. Oregon has had trouble protecting the QB and they also haven't scored many points this year, all signs point to the Buckeyes winning. IMO

The big dogs rarely lose in big upset fashion at home, it’s usually always on the road. Were any of those big upsets over the weekend on the favorites home field? You have to catch them at home, hostile crowd, the refs will get caught up in that underdog energy and help out. It’s so damn hard to knock off these top 5 type teams in their building

The thing is, OSU and Oregon play Saturday and I hope, and think they will win. We don't want to catch OSU in Columbus coming off a loss and a bye week cause we will really catch a top effort from them.

Now, if they beat Oregon, I think they could overlook NU and we could sneak up on them and make things interesting for awhile. It that were the case, it could prove to be a fantastic confidence builder for NU down the stretch.

Not a fan of OSU, but it is in our best interest, I think, for them to get out of Eugene with a win. I expect a 24-14 type game. Oregon has had trouble protecting the QB and they also haven't scored many points this year, all signs point to the Buckeyes winning. IMO
Great post Easy. I’m anxious to see how the “two time zone difference” applies to a team like OSU.

I voted for 8-4

Our schedule is ridiculously soft (the people who think Rutgers and Indiana are good make me laugh)

We’ll lose to ohiost and another team because of talent, then a 3rd because of coaching

A good season all in all. Plenty of places to keep getting better
Both teams will probably end up with 8 wins , those are good teams to me.

Oh No Omg GIF

According to the 134 savants who have voted in the poll (that includes me) there is a 68% (one standard deviation) of winning 7 or 8 games. Now don't you feel better because of statistics?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT