ADVERTISEMENT

NU athletics

Oahe

Walk On
Dec 10, 2012
Our athletic programs are average at best. Aside from Volleyball we're not sniffing a big 10 championship in any sport, and it's not even close. Kind of hard finding a sport to follow that's not hard to watch. When a game is on the BTN I find myself looking at something else. Bowling anyone?

No doubt we seem to be middle of the pack in most sports. Tough times these days.

We did win the Men's Indoor track and field B1G Championship last year....

Obvious it isn't Football, Basketball or Baseball but never the less it's still a conference Championship.

Nebraska athletics are mediocre right now. Definitely needs to improve. I think we have the right guys in place for the most part.

It's been that way for years. It was ignored until a couple years ago. Weird.

Can't really ignore winning a volleyball national championship, but I agree it's tough right now. It's crazy how all our men's programs seemed to be up at he same time and now they are all struggling big time.

Well since this is titled NU athletics and not simply saying the men's big three sports, the women athletic teams are currently ranked second in the Capital One cup rankings. I believe their shooting and bowling teams are some of the best in the nation and track and gymnastics usually fair well. So I'll disagree with the assessment that our athletic teams are mediocre.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Agreed, i was thinking this same thing earlier, the women have done there part or at least better then the mens side of things. Its almost like when our football team goes the rest of the mens sports tend to go. I was hoping our baseball team when have a good season and looked good Friday then Saturday and Sunday happened and our boys got a good ole fashion beat down done to them (20 to 8 in total, is that correct for the past 2 days for the score board?). Hopefully they get the ship corrected and I hope for big things next season for football.

I am a big proponent of women's sports, but no A.D. has even been fired or hired based on the success of the women's teams. Football and men's basketball are the only sports that really matter in terms of revenue and national attention, and we have been mostly mediocre in both of those sports for the past 15 years....despite major upgrades in facilities and very good fan support.

Reactions: donahues17
The wrestling team is ranked 11th nationally. Of course they are in the SEC of conferences in terms of wrestling. T&F is perhaps not as competitive as last year, but Nebraska guys litter the top ten B1G lists in the sprints, hurdles and field events. They could win the B1G indoor with a good meet.

https://www.tfrrs.org/lists/1598.html?gender=m

The XC team is awful, but NU puts no emphasis on recruiting blue chip distance runners.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT