ADVERTISEMENT

NU Akron Contract

What happens if there's no makeup? What does it mean to be "refunded basically"? Did you get your money back or a promise that you can attend a makeup game? Thanks.
This is TBD. The ticket has value at this point if you didn't throw it away. I think lost tickets can be reissued for a fee at the ticket office.
Now IF there is no make up game, I would like to think the AD's office is working on alternate plans. A lot of things are still fluid at this point.
Keep in mind, this is a first. We have to be a little patient.
Anything we think or say is pure speculation.

Reactions: 9and4
This is TBD. The ticket has value at this point if you didn't throw it away. I think lost tickets can be reissued for a fee at the ticket office.
Now IF there is no make up game, I would like to think the AD's office is working on alternate plans. A lot of things are still fluid at this point.
Keep in mind, this is a first. We have to be a little patient.
Thanks. What is the average face value of a ticket? Multiply that by 90,000 and you get a sense of how much is at stake — several million dollars.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Are you talking about Akron? Then, yes; $1.17 million isn't a huge deal.

If we give up a home game and have to refund tickets, that's several million dollars.

Doubtful anyone is getting a refund. Possibly the season-ticket holder‘s, but that would be it.

Still chump change considering it’s happened once in the past 40 years. Not sure why so many want to make such a huge deal out of something so unavoidable. Reschedule the game if possible, if not, move on.

Reactions: JDskibum
Thanks. What is the average face value of a ticket? Multiply that by 90,000 and you get a sense of how much is at stake — several million dollars.
Very true. I have to go read my fine print. However, there might be a difference between legal obligation and what is a goodwill gesture.
IF there's no make-up game I don't expect to get a refund. We can not operate our program with one less home game.
You're right. It's a large sum of money in the$5M range.
So keep that in mind.

Reactions: 9and4
Pretty sure that they won't be issuing refunds. When the spring game was cancelled 3-4 years ago they didn't give refunds and the cost of that would have been maybe $500,000.

Pretty sure that they won't be issuing refunds. When the spring game was cancelled 3-4 years ago they didn't give refunds and the cost of that would have been maybe $500,000.
The good news for NU is that they still sold a ton of concessions during the delay. I can't imagine that there was much left for food. Putting on my tin hat, it may have been one of the reasons they were so reluctant to just go ahead and cancel the game any earlier than they did. Some estimates put concession sales in to the 7 figure range as well.

The good news for NU is that they still sold a ton of concessions during the delay. I can't imagine that there was much left for food. Putting on my tin hat, it may have been one of the reasons they were so reluctant to just go ahead and cancel the game any earlier than they did. Some estimates put concession sales in to the 7 figure range as well.
So maybe NU could pay Akron the full $1.17 million, but subtract out the value of everything Terry Bowden ate during the delay? That might soften the blow by a few thousand.

One article stated that looking back at the contract now it could be said that a better use of the verbiage should have been put in place. Like storm instead of tropical storm. WTF! Don't act like this has never happened in college football or in sports? Of course it has. Why in the hell wouldn't an attorney take all past instances into account when creating a contract? Now there is someone who shouldn't get paid.

One article stated that looking back at the contract now it could be said that a better use of the verbiage should have been put in place. Like storm instead of tropical storm. WTF! Don't act like this has never happened in college football or in sports? Of course it has. Why in the hell wouldn't an attorney take all past instances into account when creating a contract? Now there is someone who shouldn't get paid.
My guess is that our ol' buddy Shawn brought that form with him from Miami and, having a law degree, didn't see the need to run it by someone who had a brain.

Reactions: DuecesWild969
Actually you have not been on here longer than I have. Look at the start dates and I was actually on prior to that date also. But that makes no difference. I do not care about it .. I have been on the board long enough to remember when this was a positive husker board. That is no longer the case IMO!

Please let me understand what the hell you a referring to. Your start date shows July 4th 2007 & mine January 2003? I’m so freaking lost by your post that I actually want to know what the hell you are talking about?

I mean I don’t care how long anyone’s been on this board. But that’s just a strange response my friend

I did look at your start date incorrectly I thought it was 2008 and it is 2003. I sit corrected but I was on this board for years prior under a different handle. I quit for a short time when cancelled my pay account and came back awhile later under this name.

I did look at your start date incorrectly I thought it was 2008 and it is 2003. I sit corrected but I was on this board for years prior under a different handle. I quit for a short time when cancelled my pay account and came back awhile later under this name.
Cool. I mean no harm. We had a disagreement. I hold no ill will. GBR

I’m freaking getting old. That’s all my start date means. LOL

I'd say wait and see how beat up we are, and how much we need the game.
if we don't need it have pearlman go after a fair settlement.

I heard lloyds of london makes unique insurance polices for this kinda thing.
have them take the years since ww2 times 12 (12 games a year average).
then that total of games divide by the cost of replaying a game like this.
and that would be the cost per game for insurance.

or ask warren buffet to build a indoor stadium :Cool:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT