ADVERTISEMENT

NU Akron Contract

Would need to see more of the contract as far as date and timing goes.

Reactions: tpmcg
fabulous, we can put that money towards our walk on program, infrastructure is key. Bobby's kid should have hung out a while and took his beat down, daddy wouldn't have run, i was there for 17-13, hot day indeed.

Reactions: torp1
So without seeing more of the contract, at the very least Akron gets to keep 170,000. Worse case scenario for them, they don't get the 1.17 million plus owe us $1M and just wrote a check for travel expenses . Stay tuned.

Looks to me like the agreement is void. I could see an easy argument for paying some of the their travel costs, but I don't think we would have to pay out the full amount here. They did produce their team, so I am not sure #10 comes into play. I guess it depends on the rest of the contract.

Akron showed up at the scheduled time for the game. The game was postponed by weather. They were not at fault. There is nothing that talks about them having to show up again for the reason the game was called!

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
The Huskers should sleep on cots in various locations in Omaha on Friday night and then eat pizza for pre-game meal on Saturday to show Akron how its done.

The contract was for a game on Saturday. They were there to play at the assigned time. The game was not cancelled due to Akron not showing up. Unless there is something in writing saying they have to show up again they fulfilled their part of the contract. I doubt that is in the contract. I repeat they fulfilled the contract and the game was not played due to no fault of Akron. Any good attorney would know this and no way they are liable for the game not being played!

Which listed peril happened to void the contract? I’m not seeing extended electrical storm listed...
You could also say the last part, a prohibited order by a judicial or government official (i.e. a govt/state official prohibited the game, due to weather)

We also did have a kickoff, so both teams were present. #10 doesn't apply

The contract was for a game on Saturday. They were there to play at the assigned time. The game was not cancelled due to Akron not showing up. Unless there is something in writing saying they have to show up again they fulfilled their part of the contract. I doubt that is in the contract. I repeat they fulfilled the contract and the game was not played due to no fault of Akron. Any good attorney would know this and no way they are liable for the game not being played!
Oh.. thanks for repeating

Please tell me that no one really cares about this either way.

You do realize that middle class people spend time and money to travel to these games? People from all over.

Hell my extended family alone caravanned from east, west, south, and north of the US to get to this game. My group alone took 4 cars from down south on a two day drive to get to Lincoln. We drove with little kids screaming, staying at terrible hotels on side of the road to get to this game. If nothing could be done, hell, we get it. But if Bowden was looking to escape Lincoln anyway he could without a loss, then it’s kind of a jerk move to fans.

And it would be an insult to think they are still getting paid for it. That’s why. Cause it was kind of a cowardly move by Bowden. He’s always been the weak one in that family. Bobby would have had him team camp out on the field back in his WV days.

We stay at the Hilton in the haymarket. That’s like $400+ a night on game days. Luckily my wife gets ridiculous points for her job so we don’t pay that. But people do, and it sucks to pay that for nothing. Maybe you live In Lincoln and don’t understand that. But Husker Nation is called Husker Nation cause we come from all parts. And this weekend really sucked for that

Last edited:
You do realize that middle class people spend time and money to travel to these games? People from all over.

Hell my extended family alone caravanned from east, west, south, and north of the US to get to this game. My group alone took 4 cars from down south on a two day drive to get to Lincoln. We drove with little kids screaming, staying at terrible hotels on side of the road to get to this game. If nothing could be done, hell, we get it. But if Bowden was looking to escape Lincoln anyway he could without a loss, then it’s kind of a jerk move to fans.

And it would be an insult to think they are still getting paid for it. That’s why. Cause it was kind of a cowardly move by Bowden. He’s always been the weak one in that family. Bobby would have had him team camp out on the field back in his WV days.

We stay at the Hilton in the haymarket. That’s like $400+ a night on game days. Luckily my wife gets ridiculous points for her job so we don’t pay that. But people do, and it sucks to pay that for nothing. Maybe you live In Lincoln and don’t understand that. But Husker Nation is called Husker Nation cause we come from all parts. And this weekend really sucked for that

So...when you attend a game you are concerned about what the home team is paying the visiting team?

Relax, you aren't...you are mad that your "event" got ruined, not that Akron got paid for a contract that they signed 2 years ago.

What would the other Bowden had camped out in? Did they bring tents? Frost himself said he would have done the same exact thing as Terry.

I am going to the Michigan game in a few weeks. If it doesn't get played that is fine with me! I will just have a good time at the bars with my friends.

Last edited:
So...when you attend a game you are concerned about what the home team is paying the visiting team?

Relax, you aren't...you are mad that your "event" got ruined, not that Akron got paid for a contract that they signed 2 years ago.

What would the other Bowden had camped out in? Did they bring tents? Frost himself said he would have done the same exact thing as Terry.

I am going to the Michigan game in a few weeks. If it doesn't get played that is fine with me! I will just have a good time at the bars with my friends.

So your saying that football isn’t the main reason you go? The main reason is to get out and get drunk?

Too each his own friend. I know many of people like that. The ones that talk during the game, like a critical points in the game. That’s you and I know that now. I’ll keep that in mind about you. It’s really cool. If games don’t get played, who cares. You come for the company and booze

No he said that he would not be upset. Nice job of turning his words against him by taking them out of context totally! What has happened to this board??

Will be interested to see how this plays out. NU is raking Akron over the coals pretty good in the press for not playing the game. Sounds to me like the Zips thought they could get out of dodge with their money without having to play so they did.

If they didn't believe the contract was void, no way to they fail to play the game on Sunday. They'd have told those kids to sleep on the floor of the damn Hawks for 1.17 million.

If I'm NU I at least put the feelers out there to see if there's a case for going after the million.

No he said that he would not be upset. Nice job of turning his words against him by taking them out of context totally! What has happened to this board??

Sorry I turned his own words against them...

No that is not what he said. He said he would not be upset and just go enjoy the trip and the day at the bars. You turned that into he only went for the party!

Ok? Some people go for the experience of game day and some only really care about the game. He’s the one who made it clear that he’s going to have fun regardless. Nothing wrong with that. Me and my friends do a bucket list game day location every year. I get JRE’s point of view. If I missed out on a Florida game when we do Gainsville this year, I won’t be butt hurt about it. But I’d empathize with the fans that were

Ps I like how you said “What happened to this board” in reference to my post. You have like 200 post and realize I have actually been on here longer then you.

Last edited:
maybe we could pay Akron the 1.17 million if they agree to forfeit.

Ok? Some people go for the experience of game day and some only really care about the game. He’s the one who made it clear that he’s going to have fun regardless. Nothing wrong with that. Me and my friends do a bucket list game day location every year. I get JRE’s point of view. If I missed out on a Florida game when we do Gainsville this year, I won’t be butt hurt about it. But I’d empathize with the fans that were

Ps I like how you said “What happened to this board” in reference to my post. You have like 200 post and realize I have actually been on here longer then you.

Actually you have not been on here longer than I have. Look at the start dates and I was actually on prior to that date also. But that makes no difference. I do not care about it .. I have been on the board long enough to remember when this was a positive husker board. That is no longer the case IMO!

Will be interested to see how this plays out. NU is raking Akron over the coals pretty good in the press for not playing the game. Sounds to me like the Zips thought they could get out of dodge with their money without having to play so they did.

If they didn't believe the contract was void, no way to they fail to play the game on Sunday. They'd have told those kids to sleep on the floor of the damn Hawks for 1.17 million.

If I'm NU I at least put the feelers out there to see if there's a case for going after the million.
I think NU did that by releasing the part 9/10 of the contract.

You know that isn't how this works. This is where everyone with an amateur law degree comes out of the woodwork. "It's just best to let 'em finish, Clark." Winking
Hahaha! I know, I know that you are right, it is so true. It becomes so personal for people it blows my mind. But like you said, some of the posters have locked on to that leg and it is just best to let them finish.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
The most important contract to look at right now is what it says on the back of any standard-issue ticket to the game. Is there a rain-check clause? A refund policy?

The most important contract to look at right now is what it says on the back of any standard-issue ticket to the game. Is there a rain-check clause? A refund policy?
We were refunded basically. The ticket is still good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT