ADVERTISEMENT

Not impressed...

hskr_bdgr

Walk On
Nov 26, 2017
With any B1G team that has played so far. Purdue looked absolutely terrible, Wisconsin got decently lucky that USF the USF receiving core just choked as a whole, and Michigan States offense might be worse than it was last year.

Thought Wisky looked pretty good personally, did not watch any other B1G team, but I'm also not sure Wisky could have played much sharper for a first game.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Thought Wisconsin looked good. In the beginning USF had a few dropped balls that could have made game a little more interesting. Michigan States offense is terrible.

Reactions: hskr_bdgr
Usf qb was bad, slow blinker, had no help from any of his recievers.
Usf got worse as the game wore on, not wiscys fault.
Wiscy looks like I thought they would, great running game, though I thought their passing game would be better, and they tried, hard, to smooth it out, it never got there.
Their defense was ok, too hard to say,usf kept blowing themselves up.

Too early yet, not convinced
When we roll usa today, I'm looking for consistency,smooth look on offense, and domination.
It's what we saw with wiscy, and Ive heard everything from usf getting better to theyll be horrid.
They played horrid, mostly them, but part because of wiscy.
I expect we blow up usa today, but I wont have this game define us, like wiscys game, when we do what we're supposed to do.

With any B1G team that has played so far. Purdue looked absolutely terrible, Wisconsin got decently lucky that USF the USF receiving core just choked as a whole, and Michigan States offense might be worse than it was last year.
Wisconsin strengthened its view as best in West. They will be in title game this year.

Every year people make judgments based on the first game. These games do not reflect what these teams will be like when we play them. You cannot look at Wi and say they are favored in the west until you see how USF ends up doing.

I will say what I look for is QB play and I am not really impressed with Coan or any of the other Big10 Qb's that have played so far

Reactions: Sinomatic
If Nebraska had gone down to Florida under the exact same circumstances, everything being equal to what Wisky faced (away first game, Florida weather, same opponent, etc), and did what Wisky did, this board would be freaking thrilled.

I’ll take 49-0 at home in an 1100 start and be freaking thrilled. IMO, it would be nice to see something on the field that justifies the talk about this team. 49-0 would be a nice start. It has been a long time since the product on the field matched the talk.

What I want to see out of Nebraska today is a defensive performance just like MState and Wisky had, along with solid special teams. Husker offense should do well.

Reactions: Sinomatic
What I want to see out of Nebraska today is a defensive performance just like MState and Wisky had, along with solid special teams. Husker offense should do well.

If our defense can be just half as good as the Spartans.....we'll be ready to roll!

Reactions: F5Tornado
gee, who could've seen purdue and minnesota both being trash?

undeserved hype is just that. these programs are second rate at best

Hope you come back here after the Husker game when other B1G 10 teams are saying the same thing about us. Would hold judgement until after the 2nd game of the season to make sweeping assessment of the league. Fitz is a notorious slow started at NW and always seems to find a way to circle the wagons come conference time.

Reactions: saluno22
I saw quite a bit of holding from the Wisconsin offensive line on the small bit that I watched.

(wasn't actually called by the refs though)

I saw quite a bit of holding from the Wisconsin offensive line on the small bit that I watched.

(wasn't actually called by the refs though)
speaking of linemen, is it legal for a defensive player to go up to an O-lineman and grab them and throw them to the side with two handfuls of jerseys? I saw that common last night.

I mean...the badgers were on the road...favored by about 12...won by 49...and shut out USF.

Exactly! I think someone is trying really really hard to nitpick Wisconsin...when they won eleventy-hundred to zero.

gee, who could've seen purdue and minnesota both being trash?

undeserved hype is just that. these programs are second rate at best
This hurts! Big 10 and West, in particular, needs to start looking like a power 5 division. If they don't Nebraska is gonna have a hard time getting highly ranked when you play shit like this.

Attrition due to transfers, more focus on academics, and massive amount of turnover on coaching staffs mean teams are less prepared for game 1 now than at any point in the past. If you want to be critical you can basically critique teams that win 49-0 or whatever...even Clemson's all god QB had a really poor game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT