ADVERTISEMENT

Not good

tjhusker

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2002
Apparently 650 lbs fell on Khalil Davis's thumb per moms tweet. Has surgery on it tomorrow.

So...racking a squat with a wide grip? That doesn't make much sense as the thumbs are on the inside of the grip. Spotting someone else and catching it in the rack? Bouncing clean/deadlift bar hitting the thumb?

waiting for the inevitable reply of "Only 650 lbs! I did that when I was in 8th grade" comment from one of our beloved tough guy squad. :)

As I said in a thread a couple of weeks ago....that 650 lbs is ONLY what I usually squat....plus my body weight with a couple of extra plates thrown on for good measure.... Lol.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
waiting for the inevitable reply of "Only 650 lbs! I did that when I was in 8th grade" comment from one of our beloved tough guy squad. :)

You don’t know how it’s done anymore. They have gone stealth mode with their messages about athletic prowess. Someone will now come on here with something like...”Man he’s so much stronger than I ever was. The most I ever did was 648 pounds. I used to think I was strong. My goodness he makes a joke out of me. LOL.”

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Man he's so much stronger than I ever was. The most I ever did was 649 lbs. Man he makes me look like an idiot. LOL. RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Not to undersell the injury, because I am sure the weight was significant. But I can’t see how all 650 lbs was on his thumb. Seems as though physics would show that to be virtually impossible.
I was running a Lull lift a couple years ago. Guy I work with was adjusting the fork and got the tip of his index finger in there. That was around 375 ft/lbs of pressure they said. While driving the kid to the hospital, he turned white and I was sure he was gonna pass out. Took 3 hours for them to get a doctor into see him in the St. E. ER. Would have taken him to Bryan, but we were working close to St. E. Took them almost 45 minutes to put a shot in there so the pain went away. It was ridiculous. The owner of the company showed up, and my patience was done. They were slow, and took forever to help him. Still pissed me off to think about. If it was truly 650, that thing is hamburger and gone

Geez guys, show a little sympathy for the guy, it has to hurt like hell and he's having surgery. Was he planning to throw this year again? Which hand was it?

Apparently 650 lbs fell on Khalil Davis's thumb per moms tweet. Has surgery on it tomorrow.

Poor spot.

If Khalil has that amount of weight on the rack, there should be no chance his thumb gets worked over. Either he's holding the bar near the hooks or his spot sucks. Either way.

Poor spot.

GBR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT