ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina NCAA Sanctions?

Land Shark7

Walk On
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2004
I thought North Carolina had all kinds of academic violations associated with their athletic department but I don't recall and sanctions. It seems kind of strange to me. It's hard to understand how the NCAA functions.

It's easy. N Carolina is favored status with NCAA so it will be their other sports programs that get punished and good ol' Roy might get a slap on the wrist. Expect a ruling 20 years from now.

Aw shucks, ol' Roy don't know nuthin' 'bout no NCAA violations. He's just a poor ol' basketball coach (whose wardrobe allowance is more than most schools' entire basketball budget) who just don't have the ree-sources t' make sure any of his players go to class.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
New issues were self reported so they are investigating those. The new issues aren't major issues like the ones you are talking about.

Conveniently, those investigations will last until after football signing day, and after their preseason #1 basketball season is over, so if they do face sanctions, they did a good job of delaying them past this year.

NCAA doesn't want to strip the cheaters of 3 basketball banners, it's that simple. They hope this story just fades away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT