ADVERTISEMENT

No Spring Game for Minnesota?

I mean, they are horrible and lived off PJ trying to murder that one RB each Saturday.

They recruit horribly and they will never get great transfers...
That's funny and would get a lot of credit on Gopherhole. We all wondered why he'd run that poor guy 35+ times per game. Then dude gets injured and it's like, "no sh*t".

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
On a side note, I'm jealous. Any 18-20 year old living there, ah such a great life. Hope he makes the most out of it!
Thanks, I think he's having the time of his life. Making lifelong friends with a bunch of guys that wear Gopher and Vikings hoodies and talk like they're on Fargo. St. Cloud feels like Lincoln North.

Never understood this point of view. You are correct. It's not an actual game. But it is an event. Happens only one time of year. I don't care about going. But a lot of people can take young families there relatively cheap and get a feel for a game day atmosphere that may not have that option in the fall. Also I think a lot of people take advantage of it as an event coming out of winter. Gets them out and socialize, eat drink and just enjoy the day.
👍
I used to go in the 70's, 80's etc. for the above reasons but mostly to see the new crop of players and start dreaming of who was the next great IB, QB, DE... good stuff!

Here's a honest statement that will get me nailed to a cross - I think Nebraska fandom's never ending fascination with the spring game is dumb. It's a practice, it almost never correlates to anything that happens in the fall and I've got better things to do on a Saturday in April. It's great for Lincoln's economy but other than that, it's way overblown to the point of being embarrassing that we make such a big deal about it.
exactly. one of sport's most boring exhibitions is the spring game. klieman doesn't do them down here. his explanation: i don't see k-state on our schedule. but ron prince once drew 40,000 to his.

exactly. one of sport's most boring exhibitions is the spring game. klieman doesn't do them down here. his explanation: i don't see k-state on our schedule. but ron prince once drew 40,000 to his.
Again the game isn't the only point. . But I wouldnt expect someone so dense to understand

Reactions: Huskers123456
Grimace? 39,000 of those 40,000 were kids hoping he would bring his friend Ronald McDonald.

NU uses the spring game as a major recruiting tool. It's basically a chance in the spring to show recruits the support and atmosphere they will experience if they choose NU. And recruits who cant attend the game get to watch it on tv. It's basically a free 2 hour commercial for the football program. But I can understand why programs who can't match that support and intensity would choose to drop it.

Reactions: timnsun
It used to be so folks who couldn’t get tickets to season games get to see the Huskers play once a year live-hopefully can be that way again

Reactions: timnsun
It’s quite embarrassing that they have beaten us for five straight years.
That's what I was thinking. This board constantly trashes Big 10 foes who beat us on the field year after year. It's like people are in denial.

That's what I was thinking. This board constantly trashes Big 10 foes who beat us on the field year after year. It's like people are in denial.
You can still bash other university decisions even though we lose to them. Bad decisions deserve to be bashed. That doesn’t mean we are in denial.

Here's a honest statement that will get me nailed to a cross - I think Nebraska fandom's never ending fascination with the spring game is dumb. It's a practice, it almost never correlates to anything that happens in the fall and I've got better things to do on a Saturday in April. It's great for Lincoln's economy but other than that, it's way overblown to the point of being embarrassing that we make such a big deal about it.
When pascal likes your post, you may want to consider deleting it.

Embarrassing? Really? Yeah, it doesn’t mean much, but it is generally a fun event for the fans and players I think. I’m not aware of anyone who takes it very seriously.

You can still bash other university decisions even though we lose to them. Bad decisions deserve to be bashed. That doesn’t mean we are in denial.
I agree with that 100%, but some of those posts sure have a vibe of superiority to them. I don't think some of our fans on this board can fathom how bad Husker football really is. We had zero players invited to the combine this year. We talk about how awful the Big 10 West is year after year and then lose to pretty much every halfway decent Big West team.

Sorry for the rant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT