ADVERTISEMENT

No alternative unis for 2024

No to all red.
No to surrender whites.
No to messin' with the N.
Just get back to a traditon of winning.

animal-house-lets-do-it.gif

If ”philosophical” decision is to eliminate all distractions and keep focus - I can understand. I love the alt uni’s, but I like the thought of no distractions and keep the focus on the basics and winning!

If ”philosophical” decision is to eliminate all distractions and keep focus - I can understand. I love the alt uni’s, but I like the thought of no distractions and keep the focus on the basics and winning!
If this team is distracted by uniform changes then we are in for a long year.

Good decision as long as we're still with Adidas. They've never gotten an alt uniform right in their life. Of course, a better decision would be to just, you know...dump Adidas!

Good decision as long as we're still with Adidas. They've never gotten an alt uniform right in their life. Of course, a better decision would be to just, you know...dump Adidas!
I never did understand the idea with the helmet that look like a jockstrap diagram on the helmet…

Why they never came up with chrome red helmet helmet ever is another head scratcher to me as well..

Reactions: RBigredMax
Just because the program is not having Adidas design a special alternate uniform doesn't mean they couldn't wear scarlet jerseys and pants for Colorado. But I don't think that's Rhule's style.

I think sometimes we tend to think these guys are soooo ****nig mentally fragile that a jersey that looks a bit different than usual will totally **** with their minds and their focus.

They claim it takes two years to develop the alternates. What I saw on the field took about 3 weeks from a kindergarten class...

Maybe Rhule is just running interference and it will be revealed right before the 400th?
^this is my guess. They will make some big production out of it, bring in some generic 'football guy' model with a blacked out face shield to flex and throw the bones a bunch, maybe have him holding an american flag or something, get it all on video, show the team doing double takes, putting their hands over their mouths, shaking their heads, going nuts over them. Half the fan base will love them, half will hate them, just like literally every other aspect of anything to do with the program. Sorry, but this part of sports is just so, so dumb.

Reactions: leodisflowers
If the young athletes of today like all kinds of different alternative uniforms then I guess it is something we need to pay attention to if for no other reason the ability to attract talent.
That said... I don't like them as a fan of the sport. There are a handful of blue blood programs whose helmets and jerseys have an iconic status. They are part of the brand. Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama, USC, Nebraska, and Oklahoma all fall into this status. There have been subtle changes of course over the years to all of these uniforms, but they have remained essentially the same for decades.
As we struggle to regain our standing as a winning program amongst the blue bloods, I think it is wise for us to emulate the big boys instead of the flashy newcomers like Oregon. Having an alternate uniform once a year is probably no threat. But making it a habit is a bad idea. I for one am happy that we will just see NU in its typical iconic uniforms all year.

Just because the program is not having Adidas design a special alternate uniform doesn't mean they couldn't wear scarlet jerseys and pants for Colorado. But I don't think that's Rhule's style.
Time to bring the Nebraska brand back and let the Ws speak for themselves

Reactions: bigboxes

I take it you didn't watch much of Baylor when he was coaching there? They were Oregon 2.0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT