ADVERTISEMENT

Good call UNL

Education and medical industries have increased in price far in excess of inflation primarily because of the growth in administration.
I retired from education at multiple levels. I would submit that government regulations at both the federal and state level have led to this "growth in administration" due to increased regulations and records maintenance. All of the new social norms have created layers and layers of laws and regulations, both written and understood and there seems to be no end to them. They exist not only in the hiring and maintenance of personnel, in a school they exist in the classroom and all activities.

I look at the district I came to in 2005 and see the number of people in admin and support positions (support is much more than admin) and I can't imagine being in the system now. Teachers are crying because they can't get bigger raises even though the state is pumping millions into a system with declining enrollment but increasing social problems. A recipe for disaster.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Read an interesting article about it that anyone can find....interviewed two of the people who worked there. It was pretty pathetic...."Where are people supposed to go now if they have a problem...."? To which I thought, the same place everyone else goes???

I’m not sure what sure what your point is.
joan baez duck GIF

Here's just a few universities that have eliminated dei departments: Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Iowa st, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, all Texas public universities, Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, and of course NU.

Here's just a few companies that have done the same or scaled back: Harley Davidson, John deere, Polaris, tractor supply, meta, Google and Microsoft. I'm sure this is just a drop in the bucket. Most have quietly done it without publicity.

I thought our DEI program was a waste of time. But that was just my opinion and it is not the point.

Do you think your average African-American athlete thinks better of a university that gets rid of its DEI program or worse?
Why would we be recruiting average athletes?

Spoiler alert they don't give a fck about a DEI program. This may come as a shocker to you but most sports, especially at this level are based on merit. The opposite of DEI. Showing us all what a fry cook you are.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT