ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Rolovich

You mean the "sniffles" my perfectly healthy father passed away from at age 62 this last Saturday? Or the row of people on ventilators because of this shit? Its ****in serious and until stupid people start treating it that way we will have to deal with it while it keeps ruining lives.
99.98% beat it.

Being put on a ventilator and pumped full of opioids will kill you for sure

Biden just gave management at large companies cover to do what most of them wanted to do already for the good of the country, the economy, and their companies. The problem with people like you and others is that you think and act and speak like you know what you're talking about when it often couldn't be further from reality. You hear bullshit from idiots like Marjorie Taylor Greene who's nothing but an attention whore and distribute it as gospel or as if she has any idea wtf she's talking about. Don't get the vaccine. Nobody hates you for it. If your company tells you to get one, go work somewhere else. Just refrain from spreading stupid to others. You're not helping anyone. I can assure you of that.
Good of the economy? Lol... He had to do nothing, literally nothing and the economy would have been booming instead it is an inflation machine that is nowhere near the growth models. Also, go look at unemployment. The red states outside of Vermont and maybe one other blue state have great numbers. I'll give you a guess what states are dragging ass.... hmmm wonder why that could be. You spew more bullshit than anyone, and once again you have to go to Marjorie Taylor Greene, a nut that most folks don't like including Repubs.. Nice try.

You mean the "sniffles" my perfectly healthy father passed away from at age 62 this last Saturday? Or the row of people on ventilators because of this shit? Its ****in serious and until stupid people start treating it that way we will have to deal with it while it keeps ruining lives.
Ventilators aren't really used anymore for multiple reasons. Might be a few cases, but don't just start saying shit.

You're arguing that Obesity is the same as an infectious disease? If you're a fatty stay away from me then.. Try again.

If we had higher vaccination rates over the past 6 months the virus would negligible. People wouldn't still be dying by the 10's of thousands and hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed. The hospitality and travel industry would be thriving. Yes. It's a huge and completely avoidable situation we find ourselves in today.

Wrong again. Cruise lines, airlines and Healthcare providers were all pushing mandates before Biden got involved. Senior management at all of these companies knows how important it is to get the worst of thus behind us. They all wanted a federal mandate to give them the leverage they needed to enforce them. They need their workforce healthy and their customers to feel safe.. There's a solution that's freely available to all that are willing to take it.
You're so weird. You don't even know what irony is. Making crap up like this is so sad. Who brought China up in this discussion about vaccines? Who defended China in this thread? Nobody hates the unvaccinated. We might laugh at the inane excuses and lame justifications for not getting them. We might ridicule the "evidence" behind your rationalizations. We will certainly spew venom towards those who deliberately spread misinformation to others resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths. If you don't want to get a vaccine don't get one. Let others carry your water so that the country can fully get back to business. Just don't discourage others from getting them by spreading a bunch of bullshit. Capisce?
Biden just gave management at large companies cover to do what most of them wanted to do already for the good of the country, the economy, and their companies. The problem with people like you and others is that you think and act and speak like you know what you're talking about when it often couldn't be further from reality. You hear bullshit from idiots like Marjorie Taylor Greene who's nothing but an attention whore and distribute it as gospel or as if she has any idea wtf she's talking about. Don't get the vaccine. Nobody hates you for it. If your company tells you to get one, go work somewhere else. Just refrain from spreading stupid to others. You're not helping anyone. I can assure you of that.

1*18UKy0Qh5eGY21SRNIBJ7A.gif

God help you for sure. Maybe you should apply a little more blame to China for creating this mess.
I'm also pointing the finger at China but guess what, it's here and we have to address it NOW that it's here and many aren't. BTW, I'm a Republican

Biden started a war on the non-vaxxed.
Non-vaxxed aren't keeping the country hostage, politicians are.
I think the public should know the pros and cons of the "vaccines"
You are free to disagree.
Politicians aren't filling up the hospitals and the cause for people still dying with Covid

Good of the economy? Lol... He had to do nothing, literally nothing and the economy would have been booming instead it is an inflation machine that is nowhere near the growth models. Also, go look at unemployment. The red states outside of Vermont and maybe one other blue state have great numbers. I'll give you a guess what states are dragging ass.... hmmm wonder why that could be. You spew more bullshit than anyone, and once again you have to go to Marjorie Taylor Greene, a nut that most folks don't like including Repubs.. Nice try.
Yes. For the good of the economy. Less Covid is good for the economy. If you don't understand that I don't know what else to say.

We are one of the most vaxxed countries on the planet. Still having mask mandates in most states and cities including our own.
We are NOT one of the most vaxxed countries. Nebraska has 55% of it's population vaccinated. That's 2 points lower than the country which is 57%. There are more than 30 countries with higher rates than the U.S. but none with greater accessibility to vaccines than here. Mask mandates??? Please. Governors in many red states have banned them because of freedumb. Where they are present, nobody enforces them so nobody follows them.

We are 82% vaxxed in Lincoln. At 70% we were supposed to reach herd immunity. Now? We need booster shots and 98% vaxxed to get over the 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

The goalposts get moved every month. Hell, almost every week.

How is this virus 25x's more deadly in America than any other country?

People complaining that booster shots were never in the picture are suffering from amnesia. The discussion of if/when boosters would be needed has been ongoing since the vaccines were released. Look it up for yourself. Nobody knew with any level of certainty how long protection would last with a new vaccine for an evolving virus. Scientists are still adjusting recommendations on boosters for vaccines that have been out for decades. Viruses, science and recommendations aren't sedentary. They evolve as conditions on the ground change. Everybody wants certainty in an uncertain world. It never works that way.

Sure they are. For the sickest patients who can no longer breathe on their own, ventilators and Ecmo are the last resort..
Yeah and basically at that point you are going to die and only like 20% end up pulling through because once you are on something like that your probably going to give up. So just like I said, we've moved on from the ventilators that were once thought to be the cure.

Politicians aren't filling up the hospitals and the cause for people still dying with Covid
Nope politicians just were responsible for killing all the elderly nursing homes in Michigan, New York, New Jersey and other states... If you don't think politics have an impact, you are burying your head in the sand.

Yeah and basically at that point you are going to die and only like 20% end up pulling through because once you are on something like that your probably going to give up. So just like I said, we've moved on from the ventilators that were once thought to be the cure.
Actual studies have shown that once you are placed on a ventilator the odds of your survival are probably less than 50% depending to a great degree on your age and overall physical health. The odds of someone who can't breathe on their own without a ventilator are close to zero.. Who are "we" exactly that are simply letting everyone die?

BTW, ventilators were never thought of as a "cure". They are simply a machine that pumps oxygen into your body providing time for your body to recover from the disease before you die from a lack of oxygen. It doesn't cure anything.

FYI. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33119402/

Maybe they shouldn't politicize these things in an attempt to earn political currency.

In other news, driving to work everyday can be dangerous. I'm surprised we haven't politicized that too..

You're been getting blown out of the water dude. You keep relying on sites that lie to your face.
You didn’t answer his question. Where in the report that YOU POSTED is the information that more vaccinated patients had higher death rates than the unvaccinated? You should probably read articles before posting them, thinking they back up your opinions.

I don't know if you are a real doctor or not, but some of your shit gets old. Yes, there are plenty of people who are fried that are front line workers that live it every day, but this country is also turning its back on a lot of those front line workers who risked it all but refuse to be vaxxed like my mother. She volunteered to work the Covid section of her hosptial from the beginning because she didn't want the younger nurses with young children or looking to have children to have to potentially be exposed. Now her hospital could potentially shut down and ruin our small town because guess what? 80% of the nurses are unvaxxed and 75% of the doctors are unvaxxed, but now they could all lose their jobs even though they have fought the fight and most of them now have natural immunity. Some of this ****in gaslighting gets ridiculous. Yes, you have your real world examples, but others have them too.

700K is a tragedy, but a lot of those could have been prevented by better policy and not glossing over therapeutics that seemed to work, but were deemed bad because of political reasons. Also, I'd have to go look at the median death rate, but it didn't tick up that much during this whole "pandemic".
I’m sorry to hear about your mom’s experience. That is truly awesome what she did for younger nurses. In regards to your last sentence:
The US death rate jumped 20 percent! That is a historical jump. The pandemic has been a tragedy for everyone (deaths, jobs lost, mental health crisis, etc…). That we probably all can agree on.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I'm an early adopter, but only in Bitcoin.
We are NOT one of the most vaxxed countries. Nebraska has 55% of it's population vaccinated. That's 2 points lower than the country which is 57%. There are more than 30 countries with higher rates than the U.S. but none with greater accessibility to vaccines than here. Mask mandates??? Please. Governors in many red states have banned them because of freedumb. Where they are present, nobody enforces them so nobody follows them.

People complaining that booster shots were never in the picture are suffering from amnesia. The discussion of if/when boosters would be needed has been ongoing since the vaccines were released. Look it up for yourself. Nobody knew with any level of certainty how long protection would last with a new vaccine for an evolving virus. Scientists are still adjusting recommendations on boosters for vaccines that have been out for decades. Viruses, science and recommendations aren't sedentary. They evolve as conditions on the ground change. Everybody wants certainty in an uncertain world. It never works that way.
Remember the hardest part of the 2 weeks to "flatten the curve" has been the first 20 months.

I'm an early adopter, but only in Bitcoin.

Remember the hardest part of the 2 weeks to "flatten the curve" has been the first 20 months.
And? What's your point exactly? Surges followed by relative calm have occurred in multiple waves across different regions of the country. Over the last several months it's been particularly straining on healthcare resources in the South in places like Florida, Texas and Alabama as well as Alaska. ICU's in many of those places were overrun with Covid patients consuming resources that would otherwise be used for others that ended up going without. This is what happens in pandemics and it's happened all over the world.

I’m sorry to hear about your mom’s experience. That is truly awesome what she did for younger nurses. In regards to your last sentence:
The US death rate jumped 20 percent! That is a historical jump. The pandemic has been a tragedy for everyone (deaths, jobs lost, mental health crisis, etc…). That we probably all can agree on.
I wouldn't bet on that one.

You didn’t answer his question. Where in the report that YOU POSTED is the information that more vaccinated patients had higher death rates than the unvaccinated? You should probably read articles before posting them, thinking they back up your opinions.
For your information, I DON'T post articles on this or any other site. Reply to the actual person.

I'll take your apology now.

And? What's your point exactly? Surges followed by relative calm have occurred in multiple waves across different regions of the country. Over the last several months it's been particularly straining on healthcare resources in the South in places like Florida, Texas and Alabama as well as Alaska. ICU's in many of those places were overrun with Covid patients consuming resources that would otherwise be used for others that ended up going without. This is what happens in pandemics and it's happened all over the world.
Well, why don't you get after this illegal infestation that this country is facing?
None of them are vaccinated for anything. They fly all over, land in the middle of the night.

As a military veteran, and a lifelong taxpayer, this government can kiss my rear if they think they will force me to take this experimental poison and let hundreds of thousands of illegal invaders to walk in here, get handed a free airline/bus ticket and a folder full of cash scot free.

When you and other vaxxholes talk freely about American citizens taking up hospital space, yet, you give non residents a free pass, it should make you and the others afraid of the measles, tuberculosis, ebola, and all the other transmittable diseases that you are or will be exposed to.

Well, why don't you get after this illegal infestation that this country is facing?
None of them are vaccinated for anything. They fly all over, land in the middle of the night.

As a military veteran, and a lifelong taxpayer, this government can kiss my rear if they think they will force me to take this experimental poison and let hundreds of thousands of illegal invaders to walk in here, get handed a free airline/bus ticket and a folder full of cash scot free.

When you and other vaxxholes talk freely about American citizens taking up hospital space, yet, you give non residents a free pass, it should make you and the others afraid of the measles, tuberculosis, ebola, and all the other transmittable diseases that you are or will be exposed to.
Ahh yes... Let's blame the brown people for our own inadequacies. I was wondering how long it would take you to go there. I'll be down there at the border with a rifle tomorrow. Tell me what you look like so we can hook up for a beer after our shift is over.

Ahh yes... Let's blame the brown people for our own inadequacies. I was wondering how long it would take you to go there. I'll be down there at the border with a rifle tomorrow. Tell me what you look like so we can hook up for a beer after our shift is over.
First of all, I don't drink. Let's blame those unvaxxed and give the non citizens a free pass. You wouldn't want to do that cause that would be discrimination.
The same kind of discrimination you fools use for a fellow American who refuses the poke.

I wouldn't depend on someone like you to defend this country or this border.
Let's let the people that actually know how to defend the country do it.

It isn't like shooting a deer. Some of these folks shoot back, trust me, I know.

Reactions: RedMyMind
First of all, I don't drink. Let's blame those unvaxxed and give the non citizens a free pass. You wouldn't want to do that cause that would be discrimination.
The same kind of discrimination you fools use for a fellow American who refuses the poke.

I wouldn't depend on someone like you to defend this country or this border.
Let's let the people that actually know how to defend the country do it.

It isn't like shooting a deer. Some of these folks shoot back, trust me, I know.
Yeah. I don't really drink anymore either but I do make exceptions on occasion. You sound like you could use a cocktail. Or something. So much anger bottled up inside you. BTW, I'd be in favor of mandatory vaccinations of everyone coming into this country, legal or otherwise. If they don't want it send them packing immediately. Consider me pro-science/pro-vax/pro-public health.

Yeah. I don't really drink anymore either but I do make exceptions on occasion. You sound like you could use a cocktail. Or something. So much anger bottled up inside you. BTW, I'd be in favor of mandatory vaccinations of everyone coming into this country, legal or otherwise. If they don't want it send them packing immediately. Consider me pro-science/pro-vax/pro-public health.
I'm glad you're not in charge Mr. Mengele.

Why are you guys so obsessed with color?
They could be albino for all we care. Its a blind spot you guys refuse to talk about and ones do point it out and the hypocrisy, you go all shrieking banshees like we are talking about Bigfoot. Why is that?

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Why are you guys so obsessed with color?
They could be albino for all we care. Its a blind spot you guys refuse to talk about and ones do point it out and the hypocrisy, you go all shrieking banshees like we are talking about Bigfoot. Why is that?
I don't know. How many albinos have been deported this year? Why are you guys so obsessed with the Southern border to the point where every discussion turns towards blaming other people for things they have literally nothing to do with. This thread started out as a discussion about some coach losing his job because he wouldn't get vaccinated. It morphed into a discussion about Americans not getting vaccinated when we are absolutely flush with safe and effective vaccines.. Inevitably the same people who don't want to get vaccinated because of whatever tried to turn it into an indictment of other people because that's what they do.

Are immigrants behind the low vaccination rates of certain segments of Americans? There are 70 million Americans that are eligible for the shot that haven't received it for whatever reason. THAT'S the problem but you'd prefer to blame it on the people crossing the Southern Border. IMO no one should be allowed to enter this country without being vaccinated but these people are hardly the source of this problem.

I don't know. How many albinos have been deported this year? Why are you guys so obsessed with the Southern border to the point where every discussion turns towards blaming other people for things they have literally nothing to do with. This thread started out as a discussion about some coach losing his job because he wouldn't get vaccinated. It morphed into a discussion about Americans not getting vaccinated when we are absolutely flush with safe and effective vaccines.. Inevitably the same people who don't want to get vaccinated because of whatever tried to turn it into an indictment of other people because that's what they do.

Are immigrants behind the low vaccination rates of certain segments of Americans? There are 70 million Americans that are eligible for the shot that haven't received it for whatever reason. THAT'S the problem but you'd prefer to blame it on the people crossing the Southern Border. IMO no one should be allowed to enter this country without being vaccinated but these people are hardly the source of this problem.
Mr. Mengele.

I find it ironic that you are concerned about American citizens WITH RIGHTS, and turn a blind eye to those who are not citizens.

So you think "blaming other people for things they have literally not to do with", is that not you speaking about yourself?

This has not been a discussion. It has been a disagreement regarding rights.
Since you are not well schooled in what is legal or not legal, let me give you a little legal lesson.

Title VII of the US Civil Rights Act of 1963 gives an automatic exemption.

These bogus mandates that have been handed down by the CDC, FDA, and the Resident BIden are illegal. They have no authority to enact law. Only Congress can make law.

And there is no law for masks, vaccines, or tests.

70 MILLION Americans have chosen to not get the jab. If you eliminate all kids under the age of 17, those 70 MILLION represent half the country.

Half the country allowed themselves to be scared to death by the government into doing something stupid. The other half remain skeptical since it is simply a seasonal flu.

MILLIONS have had the sniffles and recovered, in fact the survival rate is 99%, so why would anyone be afraid of a 1% mortality rate?

I see these scared fools driving ALONE in their car, with their mask on. Who are they afraid of?

I'm going to end this "discussion" now, because I'm done reading your talking point renditions.

Reactions: DrPurify

Why are you so concerned with the 70M? They made a choice and they have to deal with it and I would think part of that 70M are kids under 18 who don't need the vax because this isn't a scary disease for people under 18. I still find it hard to wrap my head around why the hell we worry about the non-vaxxers no matter what your position is?

My wife is still treating patients on ventilators for COVID. Yes IF you get to that point your odds aren't great, but there are still success stories. Should we just remove the option of being put on a ventilator?

Why are you so concerned with the 70M? They made a choice and they have to deal with it and I would think part of that 70M are kids under 18 who don't need the vax because this isn't a scary disease for people under 18. I still find it hard to wrap my head around why the hell we worry about the non-vaxxers no matter what your position is?
There is no doubt that as a rule people in health care get upset with people who aren't vaccinated clogging ICUs and increasing their work load. Other Dr.s are dealing with not being able to schedule procedures because there isn't enough staff to care for all of the COVID patients and also do elective procedures. My sister-in-law just had her knee replacement cancelled for that reason. The other factor is that unvaccinated people do tend to shed more virus and shed for longer periods of time than vaccinated people if infected. I am not one to think we should force people to get vaccinated but I guarantee you that I strongly encouraged my kids to get the jab.

Reactions: tone1017
My wife is still treating patients on ventilators for COVID. Yes IF you get to that point your odds aren't great, but there are still success stories. Should we just remove the option of being put on a ventilator?
Not at all, I'm of the opinion we should throw everything we have at it to help fight it. It doesn't have to be just one thing. I think this is the biggest issue for me. It doesn't have to just be the vaccine, if there are therapeutics that work, we need to bring them to the forefront and try to treat people to help them get better. If some fail, fine, cross them off the list, but don't try and willfully discredit things that have shown to help save people.

We have a lot of information about this virus now, but yet because of our government we still seem to be chasing out tail and also being lied to.

Not at all, I'm of the opinion we should throw everything we have at it to help fight it. It doesn't have to be just one thing. I think this is the biggest issue for me. It doesn't have to just be the vaccine, if there are therapeutics that work, we need to bring them to the forefront and try to treat people to help them get better. If some fail, fine, cross them off the list, but don't try and willfully discredit things that have shown to help save people.

We have a lot of information about this virus now, but yet because of our government we still seem to be chasing out tail and also being lied to.
There is no doubt that Lord Fauci has destroyed our trust in our CDC and government as a whole regarding our health care. That said, my career training and years of study of epidemiology and virology tells me that mass vaccinations were the best way to deal with this virus. Yeah they're not perfect and they're not 100%. No vaccine is but if we wanted to try to stop this thing it was our only real choice. It has saved hundreds of thousands of lives IMO. The risk of vaccination has proven to be a thousand if not thousands of times safer than the risk from getting the live virus. Monoclonal antibody therapy is another treatment that is helpful but they need to be given early and it probably carries more risk than the vaccines.

I don't think the mass vaccination was going to convey herd immunity just because of how quickly this damned thing has mutated and spread. My suspicion is that this virus was engineered in Wuhan to do just what it is doing as a biological weapon. Some could argue that vaccination may have flattened the curve but by flattening the curve we might have bought more time for a new variant to emerge. I don't think that is the case though. I think this thing is going to do what its going to do regardless of what we try. I believe that at risk citizens such as myself are going to be getting COVID boosters on a regular basis for a very long time and even if cases near zero, there will be at some time a new variant that will cause another epidemic if not pandemic.

When you extend life expectancy and keep people with health problems alive for longer periods of time, you're going to have higher death losses from emerging viruses. Just the way population medicine works. There's no magic shot or pill that changes that fact. We're a mobile society and the number of immigrants and visitors we have to the country is exacerbating our disease risks.

Reactions: RedMyMind
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT