ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft looking promising

artguy68

Junior
Nov 3, 2008
For the first time in 6 years, we may see a Cornhusker or two get drafted before the 3rd day. Cam Jurgens and Cam Taylor-Britt are both projected to be 2nd or 3rd round picks.

JoJo Domann and Austin Allen are late rounders. Samori Toure is also possible to get drafted late, but projections have him not quite making it. Nebraska hasn't has 5 players or more drafted since 2011.

For the first time in 6 years, we may see a Cornhusker or two get drafted before the 3rd day. Cam Jurgens and Cam Taylor-Britt are both projected to be 2nd or 3rd round picks.

JoJo Domann and Austin Allen are late rounders. Samori Toure is also possible to get drafted late, but projections have him not quite making it. Nebraska hasn't has 5 players or more drafted since 2011.
Jurgens could be the first center drafted ahead of the Iowa kid and he's probably going in the 1st two rounds. That's something I have said would happen all along. So to the guys who thought he should be benched and the poster who said there were four centers in the Big 10 alone who were better than Cam. Time to admit you were wrong.

JoJo and Toure could actually go in rounds 3 or 4. Don't be surprised if it happens. There are a few teams that love Toure (one is KC) and if those teams don't go WR in round one or two, Toure could get his name called. I think it was Mel Kiper who said JoJo could go as early as round 3.

I predict Austin Allen won't get drafted.

Jurgens could be the first center drafted ahead of the Iowa kid and he's probably going in the 1st two rounds. That's something I have said would happen all along. So to the guys who thought he should be benched and the poster who said there were four centers in the Big 10 alone who were better than Cam. Time to admit you were wrong.

JoJo and Toure could actually go in rounds 3 or 4. Don't be surprised if it happens. There are a few teams that love Toure (one is KC) and if those teams don't go WR in round one or two, Toure could get his name called. I think it was Mel Kiper who said JoJo could go as early as round 3.

I predict Austin Allen won't get drafted.
Jurgens won't be drafted ahead of Linderbaum..JoJo won't go til round 5 at the earliest and Toure is fringe on even getting drafted but will definitely get picked up immediately following the draft.

yes - we

the true fans who aren’t afraid to bravely state that the emperor has no clothes

1*rlOoMsbLIp47B-dBaRyHVQ.jpeg

Jurgens and CTB in either round 2 or 3. JoJo in 4 or 5. Nobody else drafted. Allen and Toure will sign as UDFA.

You are so bad at this. Maybe a few more accounts and you”ll get it figured out.

lol - you and your ilk are enemies of the program - because of the likes of you the athletic department has realized there are enough fans such as yourself that will keep pumping sunshine and packing the stadium despite losing at historic levels

they can keep serving up feces sandwiches and you will gobble them up and ask for 2nds - 3rds - 4ths and now 5ths

circa - Aug 2021
Lots of optimism and kool aid drinking. The team is vastly unproven. WRs RBs and Oline are all question marks. On paper yeah they look great, but how will they perform against competition in BIG? Makes me nervous. My bold prediction- Frost loses Illinois and only wins 2-3 games this year. Complete disaster. Hope I’m wrong just don’t see what everyone else is seeing with this team.

Looks like to have a new spanking troll amount us today..

I understand these are bold predictions, but what in the world makes you think that?

We haven't been that terrible (2-3 wins) recently and this team has MUCH more talent and experience than the past several years. Teams that we barely lost to last year like NW and Iowa lost a lot more than we did. Illinois and Buffalo have new coaching staffs. Where does this nightmare scenario come from?

lol - you and your ilk are enemies of the program - because of the likes of you the athletic department has realized there are enough fans such as yourself that will keep pumping sunshine and packing the stadium despite losing at historic levels

they can keep serving up feces sandwiches and you will gobble them up and ask for 2nds - 3rds - 4ths and now 5ths

circa - Aug 2021

Some high level trolling. Your fellow klansmen on the Iowa board will be proud.

Jurgens won't be drafted ahead of Linderbaum..JoJo won't go til round 5 at the earliest and Toure is fringe on even getting drafted but will definitely get picked up immediately following the draft.
Don't be surprised if he does. It probably depends on what team is after a center and what type offense the run VS talent. CJ is just as good as the Iowa C.

This staff did not recruit Domann, Allen, or Jurgens. Domann and Allen were signed by Riley in 2016 and 2017. Jurgens committed to Riley way back in 2015.
To be fair, Jurgens DID re-commit to Frost when his stock as a recruit was at its peak. And... Frost has screwed up basically everything but pegged Jurgens correctly as a center. He could've stayed at TE and would've been selling insurance in Beatrice by this time next year. I think it's fair for Frost to feel okay about what he did for Cam.

This staff did not recruit Domann, Allen, or Jurgens. Domann and Allen were signed by Riley in 2016 and 2017. Jurgens committed to Riley way back in 2015.
The 2023 draft will have mostly Frosts players. Unfortunately, none of them are draftable at this time. Unless someone emerges in a big way, there is a chance that they will have zero draft picks in 2023 and possibly zero in 2024 as well. I hope not, but it is kind of looking this way at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
You have a firm grasp on the common group think. All I was saying is that there could be some surprises come draft night. Never said Linderbaum would go higher.

So if these players were Riley recruits, does that debunk that Frost was left with nothing to work with?

Reactions: Chuck003
I'm surprised Jurgens is rated as high as he is considering his snapping issues. Even though they were mostly resolved last season, as a coach I would be concerned, like drafting a RB who fumbled a lot. No doubt he is a superior athlete, especially for a lineman.

Nevertheless, this does seem to vindicate Frost and his decision to move him to center and keep him there.

Someone brought up the thought of the 2023 and 2024 drafts for Huskers. According to one website, nobody will be drafted next year, with Trey Palmer being the most likely, even though he will still have a year of eligibility. Tommi Hill and Fidone are projected as future 4th rounders once they declare.

Are we really that bereft of NFL talent? Puts a wet blanket on hope for me.

Reactions: Chuck003
Someone brought up the thought of the 2023 and 2024 drafts for Huskers. According to one website, nobody will be drafted next year, with Trey Palmer being the most likely, even though he will still have a year of eligibility. Tommi Hill and Fidone are projected as future 4th rounders once they declare.

Are we really that bereft of NFL talent? Puts a wet blanket on hope for me.
Yes. Has been for quite some time. However, the talent level surely has been better than the 1 winning season that Nebraska has produced out of the last 7 years.

I'm surprised Jurgens is rated as high as he is considering his snapping issues. Even though they were mostly resolved last season, as a coach I would be concerned, like drafting a RB who fumbled a lot. No doubt he is a superior athlete, especially for a lineman.

Nevertheless, this does seem to vindicate Frost and his decision to move him to center and keep him there.
I'm surprised it took so long to fix his snapping, but he mostly figured it out. He is a real athlete at the position with great mobility. He's what the pros are looking for. So many o line cannot match the power and speed of dlinemen at that level.

Jurgens was always this level of a prospect

CTB made himself into a drag table asset with his obviously maniacal work on his 40 time. It paid off huge for him. I really hope my team does not pick him.

I don’t think Allen or Toure are picked, but jojo absolutely will be

Note that that I said recruit or DEVELOP

No, you said recruit AND develop.

I was told this staff couldnt recruit and develop plays. They whiffed on Gale Sayers after all

It is sad that after 4 years, CTB would be the first and only player this staff has recruited that has been drafted. And it's unlikely they will have any next year. Almost all of our best players have been Riley recruits.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Jurgens…outstanding prospect.

Linderbaum= you have a top 5 center in the NFL for 10 years.

C’mon some of you…
Look back on past drafts. Lots of can't miss guys don't make it. And NFL teams overthink things all of the time. With Linderbaum, he's been hurt, he's small and can only play center, short arms. Only a handful of teams like smaller, mobile guys. If the NFL believed he was a top 5 center for 10 years though, he would go in the top 15 easily.

To be fair, Jurgens DID re-commit to Frost when his stock as a recruit was at its peak. And... Frost has screwed up basically everything but pegged Jurgens correctly as a center. He could've stayed at TE and would've been selling insurance in Beatrice by this time next year. I think it's fair for Frost to feel okay about what he did for Cam.
I had the thought of posting something like this. List of things Frost really got right as head coach for NU.

1. Jurgens would be a better C than TE

Look back on past drafts. Lots of can't miss guys don't make it. And NFL teams overthink things all of the time. With Linderbaum, he's been hurt, he's small and can only play center, short arms. Only a handful of teams like smaller, mobile guys. If the NFL believed he was a top 5 center for 10 years though, he would go in the top 15 easily.
The last time a center was drafted in the top 15 was 1993, and before that it was 1976.

The position doesn't get drafted high.

Has Jurgens ever had to snap with the QB over center? I think that’s a major question mark. kids going to be good in the NFL but he might not be an immediate playing time kind of guy. I just think a few concerns will cost him in the draft. IDK. Teams go off script all the time in the NFL Draft

circa - Aug 2021
$ on 2 or 3

Has Jurgens ever had to snap with the QB over center? I think that’s a major question mark. kids going to be good in the NFL but he might not be an immediate playing time kind of guy. I just think a few concerns will cost him in the draft. IDK. Teams go off script all the time in the NFL Draft
over center might be hard, as opposed to under center.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT