ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft looking promising

Jurgens could be the first center drafted ahead of the Iowa kid and he's probably going in the 1st two rounds. That's something I have said would happen all along. So to the guys who thought he should be benched and the poster who said there were four centers in the Big 10 alone who were better than Cam. Time to admit you were wrong.

JoJo and Toure could actually go in rounds 3 or 4. Don't be surprised if it happens. There are a few teams that love Toure (one is KC) and if those teams don't go WR in round one or two, Toure could get his name called. I think it was Mel Kiper who said JoJo could go as early as round 3.

I predict Austin Allen won't get drafted.

Love Cam but would be shocked if he went before the Iowa kid. That's not happening. But as far as Frost moving his position I agree it was a great decision. Crazy thing is he's still a long ways away from his ceiling. His upside may be higher than the Iowa kid. But he isn't a better center right now and won't be drafted higher.

Holla

NFL teams often look at player potentials and are good at seeing upside vs guys that have maxed out in college. Jurgens can get better with NFL coaching and he has more upside than most any interior lineman. 2nd or early 3rd. Domann is a good, solid player that will get drafted in in 4th or 5th round. I see Cam Taylor-Britt as a solid 4th or 5th rounder (a lot of raw athletic ability) and Toure in the 7th. Ben Still and Damion Daniels have an outside shot as 7th rounders but likely will be FA signees.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Love Cam but would be shocked if he went before the Iowa kid. That's not happening. But as far as Frost moving his position I agree it was a great decision. Crazy thing is he's still a long ways away from his ceiling. His upside may be higher than the Iowa kid. But he isn't a better center right now and won't be drafted higher.

Holla
Cam's bigger, faster and can also play guard too. Linderbaum apparently played at 280 and can only play center. Some teams love Linderbaum and would take him early but if those 4-5 teams don't then he'll slide to the early 2nd. And Cam could go mid-2nd to mid 3rd supposedly.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The last time a center was drafted in the top 15 was 1993, and before that it was 1976.

The position doesn't get drafted high.
He's been mocked recently to the Ravens at 14 and the Eagles at 15. That's where I came up with that number.

Cam's bigger, faster and can also play guard too. Linderbaum apparently played at 280 and can only play center. Some teams love Linderbaum and would take him early but if those 4-5 teams don't then he'll slide to the early 2nd. And Cam could go mid-2nd to mid 3rd supposedly.

That sounds good but I don't see a scenario where Cam is drafted ahead of him. Nobody nowhere has even put that out there to the public. Now I have seen Linderbaum's lack of size being mentioned. But not to the extent that Cam "might" be drafted ahead of him. That's something that's clearly contrived on a Huskers message board somewhere lol. Also let's not act like Cam is a natural 300 pounder. He probably played at/around 290 last year himself.

I love Cam and his upside. That said I can't see a scenario where he's picked ahead of Linderbaum. Friendly wager?

Holla

That sounds good but I don't see a scenario where Cam is drafted ahead of him. Nobody nowhere has even put that out there to the public. Now I have seen Linderbaum's lack of size being mentioned. But not to the extent that Cam "might" be drafted ahead of him. That's something that's clearly contrived on a Huskers message board somewhere lol. Also let's not act like Cam is a natural 300 pounder. He probably played at/around 290 last year himself.

I love Cam and his upside. That said I can't see a scenario where he's picked ahead of Linderbaum. Friendly wager?

Holla
It's been discussed. Here's one...
"Respected draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah said on a recent episode of his podcast that Jurgens is the one center who has a chance to leapfrog Iowa star Tyler Linderbaum."

I wouldn't bet you straight up. I think Linderbaum doesn't get past the Bengals at 31 and Cam doesn't get past the Niners at 61. But teams have different draft boards and there are always surprises on draft night. I bet there are a handful of teams that have Cam rated over Linderbaum.

It's been discussed. Here's one...
"Respected draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah said on a recent episode of his podcast that Jurgens is the one center who has a chance to leapfrog Iowa star Tyler Linderbaum."

I wouldn't bet you straight up. I think Linderbaum doesn't get past the Bengals at 31 and Cam doesn't get past the Niners at 61. But teams have different draft boards and there are always surprises on draft night. I bet there are a handful of teams that have Cam rated over Linderbaum.

Ok...good deal. I would love to see him go as high as possible. I do think his upside is extremely high.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT