ADVERTISEMENT

next head coach Bret Bielema

b08.jpg

Actually would be a great head coach for Nebraska. Better than Scott Frost for obvious reasons to almost everyone that understand B1G football.

This said, I doubt Nebraska does this. To their own detriment.

Another good choice would be Matt Campbell.
A good coach should be successful no matter where he coaches, Brett was terrible at Arkansas and I have my doubts that he'd be a GREAT coach at Nebraska. Frost will do fine if he's hired, and I'd take Campbell before Bielema.

Frost certainly understands that to be a top B1G contender, you have to be a very physical outfit to get to the top, it's not like he played on a pushover Nebraska team when he was the QB, he knows physical football quite well.

Well that’d be real difficult for him to be the next head coach when Leach has already been announced.

Actually would be a great head coach for Nebraska. Better than Scott Frost for obvious reasons to almost everyone that understand B1G football.

Any shot that agents of coaches come into husker chat boards and try to campaign for their clients? This is ridiculous? Anyone who believes Bielema would be a good hire either has ties to coach, a Razorback fan, or a complete idiot.

He wasn’t just awful against the SEC @ Arkansas, his non-conference record was awful too. Almost lost to Coastal Carolina, lost to Toledo, Big 12 owned him, and so on

I've said the same thing. Bielema is a B1G coach and won big while in the B1G at Wisconsin.

He tried the SEC and was a fish out of water. That's a speed/athletic/ultra talent conference--not Bielema's forte.

Bielema dominated for his 7 years in the B1G and several years before that as an assistant at Iowa and Wisconsin.

He knows the league--he's been amazingly successful in the league (3 Rose Bowl appearances).

Speaking as a 14 year resident of Madison, Bielema would be a disaster. He has off field issues. I will leave it at that.
Haha, I have heard the same, and seen it firsthand. Nothing like your ole ball coach wandering around Madison hammered late the night before a big game. Maybe he would be a better fit at a school like Tulane where the bars stay open 24/7. He's a friggin big dude, can't imagine how many adult beverages he has to drink to get that drunk.

I've said the same thing. Bielema is a B1G coach and won big while in the B1G at Wisconsin.

He tried the SEC and was a fish out of water. That's a speed/athletic/ultra talent conference--not Bielema's forte.

Bielema dominated for his 7 years in the B1G and several years before that as an assistant at Iowa and Wisconsin.

He knows the league--he's been amazingly successful in the league (3 Rose Bowl appearances).
Bret won under Barry’s system. He left and failed. Gary Anderson won under Barry’s system. He left and failed. Chryst would do the same if he left Wisconsin. Barry is the true brains.

BretBielema_2017_325.jpg

Bret Bielema
Biographical details
Born
January 13, 1970 (age 47)
Prophetstown, Illinois
Alma mater University of Iowa
Playing career
1989–1992
Iowa
1994 Milwaukee Mustangs
Position(s) Nose guard
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1994–1995
Iowa (GA)
1996–2001 Iowa (LB)
2002–2003 Kansas State (Co-DC)
2004–2005 Wisconsin (DC)
2006–2012 Wisconsin
2013–2017 Arkansas
Head coaching record
Overall
97–58
Bowls 4–5

“I think two things,” said Bret Bielema on Mike & Mike. why the SEC over the Big Ten. “First, on the field, without a doubt, defensive line play. In the Big Ten, you always had a couple of guys on each team you had to be concerned with. But in the SEC, not only do you have the four guys who start the game, there’s four guys coming in behind them, and a lot of times there’s another four. There’s maybe 8, 10, 12 players who just control the game up front that’s unlike anything else. I was blown away.

“And then off the field, I always kind of say it’s like every other conference I’ve been in – I played at Iowa, coached at Wisconsin. I coached at Kansas State, part of the Big 12. It’s like every other conference, but everyone’s drinking four Red Bulls before 9 a.m. Everybody is just that much more amped up. You know you’ll have a 70-year-old lady in Monticello who is ready to tell you how to tackle. It’s just overwhelming how much passion there is in our league.”

Though, I think the Big Ten has improved, since Urban Meyer came and Bret Bielema left.

Bielema has a longer list of assistant coaches with Power 5 experience over Scott Frost. It will be an interesting 45 days ...

You said besides him losing badly to real good teams and his hot temper, you were okay with Bo Pellini.
Why not bring back Tim Beck? He went on to being one of the OCs in the playoff era.
Auburn had Malzahn and Chizik together before Malzahn left. Then Auburn brought him back after firing Chizik and theyre doing fine.

LOL Moos just said about Bielema "I don't know anything about him"

At a presser in December, 1998, when University of Iowa AD Bob Bowlsby was talking about Iowa's job search to replace Hayden Fry, he was asked if Kirk Ferentz (former UI assistant) might be a candidate. Bowlsby answered, "I don't know anything about him".

2 weeks later Bowlsby was announcing Ferentz as his new HeadCoach.

At a presser in December, 1998, when University of Iowa AD Bob Bowlsby was talking about Iowa's job search to replace Hayden Fry, he was asked if Kirk Ferentz (former UI assistant) might be a candidate. Bowlsby answered, "I don't know anything about him".

Moos is a straight shooter and praised about 5-6 other coaches that were mentioned. He's not hiring Bielema.

Bret, is that you?

I remember when Bret coached in Lincoln. Oh wait, Bret never coached in Lincoln and Bob Bowlsby's comment had nothing to do with Bill Moos comment today.

Bret Bielema isn't coming back to Big Ten by way of Lincoln.

Lol

Moose knows the schematics of college football,it's Frost's job if he wants it,after that ,who knows.?

I remember when Bret coached in Lincoln. Oh wait, Bret never coached in Lincoln and Bob Bowlsby's comment had nothing to do with Bill Moos comment today.

Bret Bielema isn't coming back to Big Ten by way of Lincoln.

Lol

cid, just like your reputation on the Iowa boards, the point flew right over your head and then you reply in a rambling way few can understand.

cid, just like your reputation on the Iowa boards, the point flew right over your head and then you reply in a rambling way few can understand.

Frydaze, I think we can agree to disagree, as we typically do when it comes to College Football.

Bill Moos isn't Bob Bowlsby and the situation at Nebraska and Iowa are apples and oranges.

I don't believe you will find Bret Bielema on the six named list in Bill's pocket. It isn't in the desk drawer today.

BretBielema_2017_325.jpg

Bret Bielema
Biographical details
Born
January 13, 1970 (age 47)
Prophetstown, Illinois
Alma mater University of Iowa
Playing career
1989–1992
Iowa
1994 Milwaukee Mustangs
Position(s) Nose guard
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1994–1995
Iowa (GA)
1996–2001 Iowa (LB)
2002–2003 Kansas State (Co-DC)
2004–2005 Wisconsin (DC)
2006–2012 Wisconsin
2013–2017 Arkansas
Head coaching record
Overall
97–58
Bowls 4–5

“I think two things,” said Bret Bielema on Mike & Mike. why the SEC over the Big Ten. “First, on the field, without a doubt, defensive line play. In the Big Ten, you always had a couple of guys on each team you had to be concerned with. But in the SEC, not only do you have the four guys who start the game, there’s four guys coming in behind them, and a lot of times there’s another four. There’s maybe 8, 10, 12 players who just control the game up front that’s unlike anything else. I was blown away.

“And then off the field, I always kind of say it’s like every other conference I’ve been in – I played at Iowa, coached at Wisconsin. I coached at Kansas State, part of the Big 12. It’s like every other conference, but everyone’s drinking four Red Bulls before 9 a.m. Everybody is just that much more amped up. You know you’ll have a 70-year-old lady in Monticello who is ready to tell you how to tackle. It’s just overwhelming how much passion there is in our league.”

Though, I think the Big Ten has improved, since Urban Meyer came and Bret Bielema left.

Bielema has a longer list of assistant coaches with Power 5 experience over Scott Frost. It will be an interesting 45 days ...

Damn! He kinda looks like the penguin in that pic. : o

If he comes, does that mean Cat Woman comes too? : )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT