ADVERTISEMENT

Next Alabama Coach

Yes but if we got Kalen then we would be sweating it out instead of Washington to see if he is leaving for Alabama.
No, Nebraska was his dream job. But his star has gotten to be so bright that he’s exceeded all expectations. You’ll probably see him in the NFL within three years.

Reactions: headcard
You all can check my history. This is the guy I wanted all along a year before we got Rhule, when frost really should’ve been shown the door
Duly noted: Been nice, but Washington would have not been in the Championship game and that’s what’s help him getting this offer..

If he would have taken the Nebraska job in 2022 we’d be most likely better off by not possibly having the last two losing seasons but that didn’t happen..

No one wants that job if they have a great job already. That money is great all over at top jobs. It was great because of Saban it was not great because it was Bama.

Took Alabama two days to land a coach with a record of 104-12 while going 25-4 at Washington. Yea, Bama is just another job......

This is a getting paid master class by DeBoer. Leaving at the very peak of opportunity. He won’t have any issues getting a next job after Bama fires him in season 3 or 4.

This is a getting paid master class by DeBoer. Leaving at the very peak of opportunity. He won’t have any issues getting a next job after Bama fires him in season 3 or 4.

He's not getting fired in 3 years at Alabama. He can obviously coach and he has the resources there. He will win in Tuscaloosa

Reactions: leodisflowers
seems like a fish out of water. not a southerner. not sec. we'll see. i thought lane kiffin was a logical choice. maybe nick nixed him?
Nick stated that he’ll stay around the program. Organizationally that might be a good thing for a relatively inexperienced head coach. He potentially can step in without totally rebuilding a staff.

Reactions: AVeritas
Nick stated that he’ll stay around the program. Organizationally that might be a good thing for a relatively inexperienced head coach. He potentially can step in without totally rebuilding a staff.
i can't imagine the shadow being thrown by him walking up and down the corridors. i don't see that as helpful.

Reactions: Hoboken Joe
seems like a fish out of water. not a southerner. not sec. we'll see. i thought lane kiffin was a logical choice. maybe nick nixed him?
Exactly my thought. I don't want to get into politics (or get my account flagged or whatever) but going from Washington state to Alabama? Uh...yeah. I'll leave it at that.

As for the actual games, I hope Kalen has learned from his natty experience and puts an emphasis on recruiting linemen. Otherwise his teams will be manhandled in the SEC the way he was against Michigan.

No, Nebraska was his dream job. But his star has gotten to be so bright that he’s exceeded all expectations. You’ll probably see him in the NFL within three years.
Wait...what...?

Edit: Seriously, what? Please PLEASE don't tell me Trev could have legitimately landed Kalen DeBoer but instead went for Matt Rhule.

Exactly my thought. I don't want to get into politics (or get my account flagged or whatever) but going from Washington state to Alabama? Uh...yeah. I'll leave it at that.

As for the actual games, I hope Kalen has learned from his natty experience and puts an emphasis on recruiting linemen. Otherwise his teams will be manhandled in the SEC the way he was against Michigan.
Yep...

That Boise coach went to Auburn and lasted about 14 hours.

Debore basically took a job where he can't lose a game because the second he does, that fan base of hillwilliams will turn on him especially since he was not their first or second choice.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Wait...what...?

Edit: Seriously, what? Please PLEASE don't tell me Trev could have legitimately landed Kalen DeBoer but instead went for Matt Rhule.
DeBoer hadn’t done much at UW at that point. And how much of his success is due to Penix? But I do remember DeBoer being on the radar when we ultimately hired Rhule. Perhaps DeBoer was Trev’s first choice but he turned him down. Don’t know and it doesn’t matter. We have Rhule and I like our current trajectory.

Reactions: V-Doub
Yep...

That Boise coach went to Auburn and lasted about 14 hours.

Debore basically took a job where he can't lose a game because the second he does, that fan base of hillwilliams will turn on him especially since he was not their first or second choice.
Why do youthink lanning and Norvell said No thanks

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
DeBoer hadn’t done much at UW at that point. And how much of his success is due to Penix? But I do remember DeBoer being on the radar when we ultimately hired Rhule. Perhaps DeBoer was Trev’s first choice but he turned him down. Don’t know and it doesn’t matter. We have Rhule and I like our current trajectory.
KDB has won everywhere he's been. His coaching record is 104-12. I always wondered why Nebraska never hired these kinds of coaches before they blew up when other big programs, like Washington and even Florida (Urban Meyer) did.

For comparison, KDB inherited a Washington team that went 4-8 in 2021. His first year they went 11-2 and that was without Penix.

But you're right. It literally doesn't matter now. Hope Rhule works out.

Last edited:
Why do youthink lanning and Norvell said No thanks
Norvell is at a good job because FSU really doesn't have those insane fans so the pressure is way less.

Lanning has a great job and makes tons of money, so unless Bama was going to basically double his salary, why leave?

Kalen, I think, was not making much I don't think, I could be wrong on that but I don't think he was at that 9-10 million dollar range. I bet his salary got doubled.

Of course I could be way wrong and maybe they never even get an offer.

More than likely, I am wrong!

"Washington athletic director Troy Dannen made an aggressive pitch to keep DeBoer, sources told Thamel, with a new contract that would make him one of the 10 highest-paid coaches in the FBS and more than double his current annual salary of $4.2 million.

DeBoer will owe Washington a $12 million buyout when he leaves. He signed a two-year contract extension through the 2028 season in November."

https://www.espn.com.sg/college-football/story/_/id/39294498/deboer-alabama-replace-saban-head-coach

KDB has won everywhere he's been. His coaching record is 104-12. I always wondered why Nebraska never hired these kinds of coaches before they blew up when other big programs, like Washington and even Florida (Urban Meyer) did.

But you're right. It doesn't matter now. Hope Rhule works out.
Meyer is a little different. He won in the MAC then went 13-0 at Utah.

Kalen was like DIII?

Meyer is a little different. He won in the MAC then went 13-0 at Utah.

Kalen was like DIII?
I edited my previous post to include this but KDB inherited a Washington team that went 4-8 in 2021. His first year they went 11-2 and that was without Penix.

But I mean, like you said it literally doesn't matter now. It especially won't matter if Rhule starts winning at a high level again. I really hope he does.

i can't imagine the shadow being thrown by him walking up and down the corridors. i don't see that as helpful.
There’s 2 ways to view that. IMO you can embrace it and use it to your advantage. You adopt Nick’s organization and let everyone know that you’re picking his brain as much as possible. He needs to publicly be seen with Saban and let fans know Saban is being used in an advisory role. To do anything otherwise would be foolish. You don’t screw with a model that has worked the way Nick’s has.

There’s 2 ways to view that. IMO you can embrace it and use it to your advantage. You adopt Nick’s organization and let everyone know that you’re picking his brain as much as possible. He needs to publicly be seen with Saban and let fans know Saban is being used in an advisory role. To do anything otherwise would be foolish. You don’t screw with a model that has worked the way Nick’s has.
seems they would have hired a nick disciple if that was their plan.

Reactions: Landomatic
I edited my previous post to include this but KDB inherited a Washington team that went 4-8 in 2021. His first year they went 11-2 and that was without Penix.

But I mean, like you said it literally doesn't matter now. It especially won't matter if Rhule starts winning at a high level again. I really hope he does.
I like KDB, he sort of has this cock of the walk feel to him without coming off like a D-bag.

His record is clearly amazing. I would have loved to have him at NU.

Reactions: Landomatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT