ADVERTISEMENT

Next Alabama Coach

A good ad is constantly doing the what if and has his desired lists. Just because they do this doesn't mean that list wants anything to do with them.

Would you want to follow Saban? Constant comparison and little if any honeymoon

It’s a problem for Alabama. Playoffs have expanded and most top coaches are already making 7-10 million at a place they like. A place that will give them time and resources to make the 12 team playoff. If you’re in a good situation making close to 10 mil a year; is making 12-13 million at Alabama that much better? Is it better at all considering your job security and expectations? Also I can think of many college towns I’d rather live (if I was a coach in demand) and work in over Tuscaloosa.

CFB world has changed. Alabama is definitely still a top job, but the pool of top jobs has expanded with conference realignment and playoff expansion. Until now, only UGA, Alabama, Ohio st, Michigan and maybe LSU and Clemson could promise you a playoff appearance. Other schools could make that claim but everyone involved knew it was optimistic wishful thinking. When Bama said I promise you’ll play for a National Championship here it was fact of the matter truth, and everyone involved knew it.

Going forward just about every perennial top 25 team can make that claim with a degree of credibility.

It’s a problem for Alabama. Playoffs have expanded and most top coaches are already making 7-10 million at a place they like. A place that will give them time and resources to make the 12 team playoff. If you’re in a good situation making close to 10 mil a year; is making 12-13 million at Alabama that much better? Is it better at all considering your job security and expectations? Also I can think of many college towns I’d rather live (if I was a coach in demand) and work in over Tuscaloosa.

CFB world has changed. Alabama is definitely still a top job, but the pool of top jobs has expanded with conference realignment and playoff expansion. Until now, only UGA, Alabama, Ohio st, Michigan and maybe LSU and Clemson could promise you a playoff appearance. Other schools could make that claim but everyone involved knew it was optimistic wishful thinking. When Bama said I promise you’ll play for a National Championship here it was fact of the matter truth, and everyone involved knew it.

Going forward just about every perennial top 25 team can make that claim with a degree of credibility.
Yep! Exactly what I said, you just said it better.

Reactions: V-Doub
No...you seem to not understand what I am saying, maybe I am doing a bad job.

If he loved his boss and school, he should have told him ASAP.

If not, he should have done it just like he did.

I did it this year. about two months ago. I love my school I teach at. BUT I also started to look around. So I went to my boss and talked with her and I said "Hey, I am going to look around a bit, I love it here but I just want to see if there is more money out there for me at a different school".

My boss thanked me and understood and I said "I will keep you posted if I apply anywhere"

At my LAST school. I hated my boss, with a passion. I never said a ****ing thing to that biatch about looking for a new job and when I got it, then I told her.
hope you found the better opportunity you were looking for

unfortunately, those two situations aren't really comparable

DeBoer is currently still in Seattle. ( Of course, that could be because the weather is so bad and Alaska and United have cut lots of flights due to the lack of 737 Max 9s. ;) )

Seattle sports guys are mentioning that family is very important to DeBoer, and his daughter (a top 2024 softball prospect) has committed to play for UDub.

DeBoer is currently still in Seattle. ( Of course, that could be because the weather is so bad and Alaska and United have cut lots of flights due to the lack of 737 Max 9s. ;) )

Seattle sports guys are mentioning that family is very important to DeBoer, and his daughter (a top 2024 softball prospect) has committed to play for UDub.

Alabama doesn’t have a softball team? 😂

I'm surprised Saban didn't do something like Oklahoma or Ohio State did when they groomed their younger up and coming coordinator to take over the well oiled machine.
Problem is his coordinators get jobs and aren’t there long enough.

Reactions: Landomatic
yeah every fanbase does the "he cares about his family" routine as a coping mechanism before they lose their coach.

i'm sure his family would understand when he triples his salary

All the coaches should be thanking Saban for retiring. They are all getting huge extensions and raises because of this. I heard in the ESPN interview that Saban will still have an office in the building and plans to stick around. That's even more pressure for the new coach because Saban probably won't be able to stay out of the way when things aren't going the way he is used to.

That could be another reason why it's going to be hard to find a new coach if Saban is still going to be in the building.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
All the coaches should be thanking Saban for retiring. They are all getting huge extensions and raises because of this. I heard in the ESPN interview that Saban will still have an office in the building and plans to stick around. That's even more pressure for the new coach because Saban probably won't be able to stay out of the way when things aren't going the way he is used to.

That could be another reason why it's going to be hard to find a new coach if Saban is still going to be in the building.
See, that is another dick move, in my opinion.

No...you seem to not understand what I am saying, maybe I am doing a bad job.

If he loved his boss and school, he should have told him ASAP.

If not, he should have done it just like he did.

I did it this year. about two months ago. I love my school I teach at. BUT I also started to look around. So I went to my boss and talked with her and I said "Hey, I am going to look around a bit, I love it here but I just want to see if there is more money out there for me at a different school".

My boss thanked me and understood and I said "I will keep you posted if I apply anywhere"

At my LAST school. I hated my boss, with a passion. I never said a ****ing thing to that biatch about looking for a new job and when I got it, then I told her.
Sounds like projecting to me.

As a teacher myself, we are a dime a dozen. The person coming in to take our place doesn't care if they are replacing the 6 time teacher of the year. The principal or your boss isn't tasked with finding a 1% to take your place. Apples and oranges.

Additionally, we have no idea what the conversations have been like between Byrne and Saban.

Sounds like projecting to me.

As a teacher myself, we are a dime a dozen. The person coming in to take our place doesn't care if they are replacing the 6 time teacher of the year. The principal or your boss isn't tasked with finding a 1% to take your place. Apples and oranges.

Additionally, we have no idea what the conversations have been like between Byrne and Saban.
Amen!

All the coaches should be thanking Saban for retiring. They are all getting huge extensions and raises because of this.

Saw Sark and Norvell both getting extensions/raises. Did Lanning play it wrong? Didn't see anything about that for him. He may have bowed out too early? I bet his agent is pissed...and his wife.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69

See, that is another dick move, in my opinion.
Basically what TO did at Nebraska

You all can check my history. This is the guy I wanted all along a year before we got Rhule, when frost really should’ve been shown the door
Yes but if we got Kalen then we would be sweating it out instead of Washington to see if he is leaving for Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT