ADVERTISEMENT

Next 2 Games

2-0, I dont think we'll see 21 point swings off turnovers again, and the D has played much better the last 6 quarters.

2-0, I dont think we'll see 21 point swings off turnovers again, and the D has played much better the last 6 quarters.

Not to make too much out of a mole hill but I wouldn't read to much into the last 6 quarters. Oregon really let down and played Vanilla. Northern Illinois didn't have much offense and literally was playing vanilla trying to run out the clock and not make mistakes. Once they fell behind and had to play an attacking offense they did exactly what they wanted.

The Husker fan in me says 2-0. The defense is somewhat figuring out what they are doing and the offense will thin out the playbook and play better.

Riley will have put Langs in his place and we will be running a LOT more than passing for the next couple games until Langs forgets what Riley told him and starts passing more.

The extra running plays will help the defense stay fresh and help keep TLee upright. The offense played well in the opening game, but the D let the game be close. Now both will have a better understanding of what works and what doesn't, so they both will be better than average going forwards.

The fan in me that watched the last 3 games says we will have a hard time winning any more games.

Langs won't change, the OL will continue to let TLee get hit, the receivers will still let balls bounce off their face masks and go right to the defenders, TLee will still be throwing the ball before the WRs turn the wrong way coming out of their break and allowing the D to make an INT, the RBs will still be getting hit before the line of scrimmage, and finally the running game will show that we are not 2-dimensional, or even 1-dinensional, but that we are 0-dimensional.

Our OL will play hobbled and ruin any momentum that the offense gets by drawing flags.

I think this team will come together and surprise us fans and get on a roll until OSU. Please please please please ple.....

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
We will find a way to beat Rutgers, and find a way to lose at Illinois. Riley will complain about the Friday game and the guy responsible for the decision will be invisible. Then the real fun begins. :eek:

Not to make too much out of a mole hill but I wouldn't read to much into the last 6 quarters. Oregon really let down and played Vanilla. Northern Illinois didn't have much offense and literally was playing vanilla trying to run out the clock and not make mistakes. Once they fell behind and had to play an attacking offense they did exactly what they wanted.
I disagree with your last point. You really think NIU played conservative because of a 14 point lead in the first quarter? That they shut it down expecting it to hold up? And when they finally got down they decided to play? They completed a long pass that got them in range, and they finished it off wh a TD. But to say they went turtle until we took the lead, I don't agree with.

Reactions: chicolby
If we aren't 3-2 by Wisconsin we're gonna have a losing season and Riley may not be here next year. If that's the case this program is in trouble for the next several years. Praying he can turn this thing around!

Knowing Riley's history, we'll probably lose to Rutgers but somehow beat Wisconsin.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak

Please tell me how oregon went vanilla. And NIU had one nice drive, and couldn't put the game away after that.

Reactions: headcard
We will find a way to beat Rutgers, and find a way to lose at Illinois. Riley will complain about the Friday game and the guy responsible for the decision will be invisible. Then the real fun begins. :eek:
Plus Illinois has nearly 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy, and we will be beat up and very thin at a few positions. It has trouble written all over it.

I disagree with your last point. You really think NIU played conservative because of a 14 point lead in the first quarter? That they shut it down expecting it to hold up? And when they finally got down they decided to play? They completed a long pass that got them in range, and they finished it off wh a TD. But to say they went turtle until we took the lead, I don't agree with.
What angers me about that pass is DIaco changed what had been working.
Why...against a backup QB to boot...ugh.

Reactions: timnsun
We will beat Rutgers and Illinois is worse, so 2-0.
They're having coach troubles of their own.

both are awful teams. losing would mean you can put us in that awful category. awful in year 3 means new coach time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT