ADVERTISEMENT

New Big 12 vs new Big 10

NW with 12k - that’s pathetic
Temporary stadium for two years. Maybe they will pack 30 or 40k in there once it's done.

I think they're building a new stadium or renovating? Maybe they will pack 30 or 40k in there once it's done.
They are building a new stadium, but I believe its max capacity will be under 20,000, if I remember correctly. It’s gonna be pretty, overlooking Lake Michigan, but tiny.

At least, that’s my recollection.

Edit: new stadium capacity will be 35,000. Google is my friend.

They are building a new stadium, but I believe its max capacity will be under 20,000, if I remember correctly. It’s gonna be pretty, overlooking Lake Michigan, but tiny.

ryan-field1540__ScaleMaxWidthWzc3MF0.jpg

northwestern's new stadium will seat 35,000.

Supposed to be 35k. Not sure why you would build new and go small but it's NW.
Proposed design highlights include:

• A more intimate setting: Significantly smaller crowds — designed for a maximum capacity of 35,000, more than 12,000 fewer than the current Ryan Field, with a state-of-the-art canopy designed to focus noise and light on the field;

Reactions: timnsun

• A more intimate setting: Significantly smaller crowds — designed for a maximum capacity of 35,000, more than 12,000 fewer than the current Ryan Field, with a state-of-the-art canopy designed to focus noise and light on the field;
Interesting. Is it designed to easily add a tier if attendance exceeds expectations in the future?

I believe that’s where I got my low number, was the reduction of 12,000 seats, not a capacity of 12,000…

Reactions: HBK4life
Penn State is spending 700 million to upgrade The Beaver
https://www.si.com/college/pennstat...ses-details-of-beaver-stadium-renovation-plan
Penn State plans a $700 million, four-year renovation of Beaver Stadium, setting a completion date in time for the 2027 football season. The university will begin the project this year with maintenance and winterization work to ensure that Penn State can host a potential College Football Playoff game in 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT