ADVERTISEMENT

#NeverAgain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I was really high on this hire Monday. Since.....we have lost recruits rescinding their commitments, and players entering the portal. Despite having at least a month to line up his staff, half the coaching staff has yet to be named as the all-important recruiting window opened today. And the portal opens Monday with 1/2 our staff identified.

All the above is understandable when there is a coaching change. But our new coach is apparently endorsing a hard-left leaning, anti-Second Amendment organization. That shows extremally poor judgement. Whether you believe people should be able to own guns or not, with all the stuff this guy has on his plate, why the hell does he need to go there???
Well has been five days so I guess that about the right amount of time for some fans to lose their patience with the new coach.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Reaction Confused GIF
Twitter hack.
Am I being trolled in this thread or am I to understand our new coach is taking time out of his day to come out against Hitler?
trolled.

Reactions: jkeb
Do you really think he his talking about guns? Just go look at the hashtag, it’s about Jewish hate. Why are you trying to make this some kind of 2nd amendment thing when that clearly isn’t what is going on?
I'm confused and probably wrong, so am giving up on this thread. When I clicked on the #neveragain in the OP last night, it took me to a site against guns, secure borders and included a cartoon of Trump, Putin and a KKK guy having dinner together. Twitter was still open on my computer this morning and the Twitter site turned into anti Holocaust posts and imagery (completely different from last night). In between all the pictures of concentration camps and such, a Panthers fan posted that he hopes Matt Rhule is #neveragain their coach. Rhule responded with the tweet the OP posted. So I don't know what the hell is going on and suppose my ignorance is due to being an "old person" who doesn't know how Twitter works. But I'm guessing two different groups use #neveragain.

Anyway, I'm confident Matt will fill his staff soon and is doing great things on the recruiting trail.

I'm confused and probably wrong, so am giving up on this thread. When I clicked on the #neveragain in the OP last night, it took me to a site against guns, secure borders and included a cartoon of Trump, Putin and a KKK guy having dinner together. Twitter was still open on my computer this morning and the Twitter site turned into anti Holocaust posts and imagery (completely different from last night). In between all the pictures of concentration camps and such, a Panthers fan posted that he hopes Matt Rhule is #neveragain their coach. Rhule responded with the tweet the OP posted. So I don't know what the hell is going on and suppose my ignorance is due to being an "old person" who doesn't know how Twitter works. But I'm guessing two different groups use #neveragain.

Anyway, I'm confident Matt will fill his staff soon and is doing great things on the recruiting trail.
It’s a Twitter hack troll job.

Just going off these reports:

the anti gun group just co-opted the decades old "never again" slogan associated with the holocaust. two very different causes.

Gosh, it's almost like Twitter isn't a reliable news source.

Wow. I was really high on this hire Monday. Since.....we have lost recruits rescinding their commitments, and players entering the portal. Despite having at least a month to line up his staff, half the coaching staff has yet to be named as the all-important recruiting window opened today. And the portal opens Monday with 1/2 our staff identified.

All the above is understandable when there is a coaching change. But our new coach is apparently endorsing a hard-left leaning, anti-Second Amendment organization. That shows extremally poor judgement. Whether you believe people should be able to own guns or not, with all the stuff this guy has on his plate, why the hell does he need to go there???
He's been here for 7 days. Lofl, take a breath.

Quick, name a reliable news source.
I read a lot of trade and industry-specific publications, which have reporters who specialize in the topics they are covering. As opposed to getting worked up by rants and re-rants from every dipshit with a smartphone.

Politics are so annoying. Like you have to announce you’re against genocide. I’m pulling for this guy but virtue signaling already?
If you don't signal your virtues you are automatically considered to be in support of all evil things that have ever taken place in human history.

Reactions: c3o
the anti gun group just co-opted the decades old "never again" slogan associated with the holocaust. two very different causes.
Yeah "Never Again" has been a common slogan for decades. It was big in the 90's during the Rwandan Genocide and big again during Darfur a decade later. If you want to get serious about it, you can criticize the slogan since unless you are going to go to war to physically stop the genocide(which can lead to bad consequences in itself) you are pretty powerless to stop it. Still nothing wrong with the sentiment. It is pretty silly to attack Rhule over this. There has been a rise in hate crimes against Jews in this country along with celebrities praising Hitler. Find something to actually be offended if a Coach sending support to the Jewish community bothers you.

Yeah "Never Again" has been a common slogan for decades. It was big in the 90's during the Rwandan Genocide and big again during Darfur a decade later. If you want to get serious about it, you can criticize the slogan since unless you are going to go to war to physically stop the genocide(which can lead to bad consequences in itself) you are pretty powerless to stop it. Still nothing wrong with the sentiment. It is pretty silly to attack Rhule over this. There has been a rise in hate crimes against Jews in this country along with celebrities praising Hitler. Find something to actually be offended if a Coach sending support to the Jewish community bothers you.
find yourself a book on reading comprehension

How egregious of a coach or anyone to post against a bigot and Holocaust denier who professes to love Hitler and the Nazis and in so doing is basically pissing on the graves of every Jew, European and American soldier killed fighting that pure evil.

He posted a hashtag on Twitter after a Holocaust denier has been on several media outlets. Pretty silly to be that bothered by it. It isn't like he is lecturing you in a press conference.
It’s virtue signaling. It’s just weak. I’m all for his freedom to do it. But it’s stupid bullshit and polarizing. Nobody gives a **** what Matt rhule thinks of holocaust deniers

It’s virtue signaling. It’s just weak. I’m all for his freedom to do it. But it’s stupid bullshit and polarizing. Nobody gives a **** what Matt rhule thinks of holocaust deniers
Eh, I do.

You seem to be overly bothered by it. How is speaking out against Nazis polarizing unless you agree with Nazis?

I’m not bothered by it. I just rather my coach focus on football instead of pleasing you morons with hashtags

How fvck is being against Nazis polarizing?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT