ADVERTISEMENT

Whitey Herzog Dead at 92

The “white rat” was one of a kind. His teams thrived on speed, athleticism and defense.

The “white rat” was one of a kind. His teams thrived on speed, athleticism and defense.
Loved his teams and have tried to coach with that kind of thinking all of the years that I could.

Really enjoyed his years with the cardinals. My second favorite team.

I remember him more for his days at kc
For all his successes, I remember Herzog most for when he essentially fired himself in 1990. "Buck stops here. I'm the manager and I can't get the club to play, so I'm stepping aside."

You don't see that kind of accountability much anymore. I know there were a lot of factors that made Herzog want out of there, but he just took responsibility instead of pointing fingers.

For all his successes, I remember Herzog most for when he essentially fired himself in 1990. "Buck stops here. I'm the manager and I can't get the club to play, so I'm stepping aside."

You don't see that kind of accountability much anymore. I know there were a lot of factors that made Herzog want out of there, but he just took responsibility instead of pointing fingers.
cal did some of that leaving uk mbb. yes, he went to another job but only after saying kentucky needed a new voice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT